Samurai X Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen: Book 1 ❯ Prologue: Snow Waltz ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PROLOGUE: Snow Waltz
 
 
It was the season when the trees bare their branches and the snow drops from the sky. The people are trying to find ways to warm themselves up, either by driking hot tea or putting up fire or buying thick and warm coats. Winter usually starts at the 2nd week of December in Japan, but at this day, December 1,[Author ID1: at Thu Aug 4 21:53:00 2005 ] Nature seemed to play a different tune. I guess that's why the gods have showered us a brilliant exhibition of crystal-clear snowflakes that seems to create different colors under the shining sun. I was simply admiring the show; on how the flakes seems to dance with with the cool breeze around the garden; like lovers who had just met for very first time. It was heart-warming and the coldness never reached my viens as I continue on watching.
 
“Ms. Yukina?” Nadeshico was wiping her hands on soaked towel. “I think she's ready.”
 
I bowed my head at her and with a last glance on the falling snow, I closed the door and entered the small room. The house is completely clean; maybe because this family isn't really living here. Nadeshico told me they transferred here because of the baby.
 
Yumi and Taketori, the Masao Family, are going to have a baby.
 
It wasn't a shock when Nadeshico nearly screamed at me with panic as she told me the news a while ago. I knew there will be a special occation on this day, for I saw one snowflake dropping from my windowsil. Nadeshico dragged me towards a small and unpolished house while telling me the story of the Masao Family. They have transported themselves into the rural because they believed that mid-wives are easier to find. Of course, I know these things; Nadeshico is just enthusiastic as she always had been. I smiled at her as she babbled about this family; their own eyes glowing in anticipation, knowing that their son is already coming. Nadeshico keeps on telling me their expression; more like children waiting for their gifts.
 
Little they know, their son is more than a gift.
 
“Nadeshico, is everything pepared?” She nodded as we started to work.