Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ The. Impossible ❯ Chap1:Enter: Misao Makimatchi ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, everyone.

This is my first Rurouni Kenshin fanfiction ^-^;;

Summary: What if Misao wasn't part of the Oniwaban? What if she was Soujiro's cousin? After her Aunt and Uncle died a cold, bloody death, she searches far and wide for her distant cousin-- at age 13? She finds him alright, but she also joins the Juppongatana, to become stronger. Her targets? Aoshi Shinomori, and the Kenshin Group.

WARNING: You know how Misao is a lively, happy girl? Nope! Not in this fic! OOC!!

Pairings: Mostly Misao/Aoshi, and some Kenshin/Kaoru.

No flames!

~*~*~~*~*

**Misao's POV**

I woke up, when I heard one of the maids running about outside of my room. My aunt, too, woke up. I turned quickly to her, scared. "What's going on, in this time of night?" I asked her. My aunt stared at the door, and then looked at me, and smiled. "Don't worry your little head." She said, soothing me, and pushed me back down on the futon. "Go back to sleep."

I smiled back nervously. "O-okay. I have to go get a drink." I said, and got back up, wrapping a shawl around me, and exited the room.

My name is Misao Makmatchi (sp). My mother and father, who passed away when I was only two years old, were ninjas. Me? I'm a ninja also-- a ninja in training I'm afraid. I'm 13 years old, living with my rich relatives. I live in the Meiji era, the 8th year. So far, everything is great.

I reached the well, and drew some water. I heard some more footsteps, but I didn't pay much attention. I found a cup by the well, dipped it in the water, and drank some.

I heard a scream. It shocked me so much, I dropped the water I held. I ran back inside, in my cousins room. Nothing. I backed out, not sliding the door shut, and ran to another. Nope.

I saw a blur on the roof top. I looked up, and saw a person: his hair in a high pony tail, and it looked as if he were only about a few years older than me- 15 perhaps. Handsome indeed, but what was he doing?

Then, he jumped down, and threw a dagger at me. I moved out of the way, and saw the note attached. I pulled the dagger out, and read the note.

`Good bye.

-The Oniwaban leader- Aoshi Shinomori.'

Goodbye?! What could he mean by that? I looked back, and I saw him run into where my aunt was. Wait a moment…. `good bye'? Realization struck me. I ran, ran faster than I ever did.

I opened the door to my aunts room, only in time to see the young fifteen year old- Aoshi Shinomori was it? stab my aunt, and my uncle--in his sleep…

I gasped in shock, as my aunts blood spattered on my face. `No…' Despite the killer in the same room with me, I lowered on my knees, and did all I could think of- I cried.

"No, no, no, no…" I cried, tears streaming down my face, faster than ever. "This cant be happening!" I yell, sniffing, not caring if snot was all over my face. "No.." I sobbed. I screamed, cried--anything to show the killer that what he did hurt me a lot.

"Aoshi! The place is clear! Lets go now!" I heard a voice say behind me. It sounded like it belonged to an old man. "But what of her?" The one called Aoshi asked. "Never mind her- we have to leave now, and move on to the next Makimatchi home."

Then, they left. `What did they mean, `the next Makimatchi home'? Do they plan to kill everyone of my family tree?!'

I knew I couldn't stay. The police would be here, the next morning. I went over to my cabinet, took out my ninja outfit, my daggers- and went into the bathroom.

I stripped off my bloody kimono, and lowered myself into cold water. I scrubbed myself, hard enough to get the blood stains off of my arms, and my face. I got out, dried myself, and slipped into my ninja outfit, and put my daggers under my ribbon that was on my back.

I then went my uncle's study room, which, I might add, never been in before. I went over to the books. "Where was that one book uncle wrote, about our family tree?" I muttered.

"Aha!" I exclaimed, as I pulled out one. I flipped thru the pages, seeing many names, written in red. I stopped at one. I stared at his last name- and it wasn't Makimatchi. Instead, it was `Seta' .

There was a caption under his drawing. "Above: Soujiro Seta---Ayume Makimatchi gave birth to (insert a name here) Seta, just before her death. Is a distant relative."

I slapped the book shut-- I had to find him! All of my cousins lived near by- so if he was distant… He didn't live anywhere close.

I went to my aunts room- shut her shocked, lifeless eyes, and kissed her forehead. I went over to my uncles, and kissed his head. It chilled me to think that he died in his sleep.

"Good bye…Thank you for taking care of me. I would give you a proper burial, but I cant. Hope you guys can understand." I whispered, and slowly walked out of the room. Then I ran out of our gates, and into the streets.

"Well…looks like I'm all alone now.." I mutter.

~*~*~OUT OF MISAO'S POV*****

Misao walked, and walked. `where could Soujiro Seta be?' I asked myself. I HAD to find him--he's probably the only one I have left.

`Please, Kami-sama-- help me through this journey!' I prayed.

~*~*~*~*~*

maYo12: if this sucked- SORRY ^_^;; I wanted to stand out from others hahaha…

What inspired me: I watched `Soujiro's Past' --you guys know the one where it shows WHY Soujiro is ALWAYS happy--his dreadful past ^-^ Well, what if Misao had one too? So… yeah ^^

NO FLAMES! IF YOU DON'T LIKE ,THEN LEAVE!

Reviews would be sweet.