Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ A Day in the Life of Tony Tony Chopper ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Day In the Life of Tony Tony Chopper
 
 
 
Tony woke up in the top bunk of his bed. He jumped down and put his backpack on. He looked at his three Rumble Balls and, deciding he might need them, put them in his backpack.
 
He looked at Ussop, who was staring vacantly into the room's TV. Ever since he discovered television, he had been addicted to it. His pet gargoyle-whom they had named Gargle- was acting like he usually did between 12 AM and 12PM. He was acting like a statue.
 
“Hey Ussop!” Tony said in his usual perky attitude. “Do you know what today is?” Ussop stared into the TV without even noticing Chopper. “It's Saturday!” Chopper yelled. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a banner with the word Saturday spelled incorrectly on it.
 
Ussop's eyes went wide. “Saturday?” He asked. “That means no classes!” Chopper nodded. “And you know what else?” He asked. “Yes!” Ussop yelled. “Cartoons!” He changed the channel via remote and continued to stare into the television.
 
Copper shrugged. “I was going to say a day filled with fun and excitement,” He said, “but your idea's good too.” With that, he walked out the door.
 
 
 
Chopper opened the door to the doctor's office. “Hi Dr. Patooka!” He yelled. Dr. Patooka was holding a knife up to the kind of chicken bought at a grocery store. “What are you doing?” Chopper asked. “I was about to offer this chicken to complete the voodoo.” Patooka said. Chopper pointed at the chicken in a confused manner. “But…” He started, “That chicken's already dead.”
 
Dr. Patooka sat down in a nearby chair. “I hate killing, okay?” He said. “I can beat a guy up, but I can't kill! Besides, I'm not sure the spirits of voodoo would care if the chicken I send them comes pre-killed.”
 
Chopper shrugged. “Well, happy Saturday!” He said as he walked out the door. Written in the door was “Doctor Patooka”. When Chopper closed the door, a piece of wood above the word “doctor” fell off revealing a new word. The door now read: “Witch-Doctor Patooka”
 
 
 
Chopper opened the door to Sushi-Dooper, the school's sushi store. Lime was sitting behind the counter with one of the janitors, Mad Malcolm. Malcolm was dressed like the usual janitor only with a hat that read “Sushi-Dooper” on. He was thinning a little and was wearing glasses.
 
“Welcome to Sushi-Dooper!” Malcolm said. “How may the all-seeing foot serve you?” Chopper smiled. “I'd like some of your breakfast choices.” He said. Lime nodded. “Try this!” He said as he handed Chopper a piece of sushi.
 
Chopper took the piece and stared at it. He had heard rumors that this place was weird, and even Luffy stayed away from it! He gulped and took a bite out of the sushi. “This is pretty good!” He said. “What do you call it?” “Samurai Attack sushi.” Malcolm said.
 
Chopper laughed. “That's funny!” He said. “Why do you call it Samurai Attack sushi?” As soon as he asked this, a samurai holding a sword came out of the kitchen. He saw Chopper and started charging at him while screaming a war cry. Chopper screamed as well and ran out of the restaurant with the samurai in hot pursuit.
 
 
 
“And don't you come back!” Zolo yelled while waving his sword at the samurai, who was running away. Chopper looked at his hat with a sad look in his face. There was a large cut from when the samurai had tried to scalp him.
 
Ignoring the slice for now, the reindeer doctor put the hat back on. “I warned you to stay away from that place!” Zolo said. “I remember when I went there…” He rubbed his chin while staring off into space, and he remembered what had happened.
 
 
 
Zolo walked into Sushi Dooper and looked at the menu. “How can we help you?” Lime asked. “I'll take some pea soup.” Zolo said.
 
Lime went into the kitchen for a while and came out with a Styrofoam cup. Zolo took the cup and took a sip. “Well this tastes… odd.” He said. He sniffed the cup. “And it smells so familiar. What's in this pea soup?” “Well,” Lime said, “let's just say I made it myself.”
 
Zolo spit out the soup as soon as realized what that meant. He dropped the cup on the floor and ran out. “A pox upon your soup!” Zolo yelled. “We do have pox soup!” Malcolm yelled after Zolo.
 
 
 
When the flashback was over, Chopper was staring off into the same spot Zolo was looking at. Chopper just shrugged and guessed Zolo was insane, so he left to enjoy the rest of his Saturday.
 
 
 
Chopper ran into the kitchen to visit Sanji. Sanji was cooking the school's lunch (pizza, if you obsess over every little detail) with the school's chef. The chef wore a white cooking outfit but no shoes. His hair was rusty brown, and he couldn't have been much older than Sanji.
 
“Happy Saturday!” Chopper said. “Hey, Chopper.” Sanji said. The other chef smiled and nodded with recognition. “Oh yeah.” Sanji said, remembering the other chef was there. “This is Xander.”
 
Chopper turned to see the one thing he thought he'd never see: Luffy losing an eating contest. What was stranger was it was A-Luffy who was beating him. “I never felt this way before…” Luffy said, as he tried to shove a turkey leg down his throat.
 
“It feels like my stomach's gonna explode.” Luffy said. Chopper hopped up next to Luffy. “It's called being full.” He said. Luffy didn't understand this new word.
 
A-Luffy finished his meal and wordlessly wiped his mouth of with his arm. He then licked his fingers clean, got up, and left. “That guy's almost Luffy's opposite.” Chopper thought.
 
Chopper was shoved aside by an unseen force. When he looked, it turned out to be A-Naruto, who was making room for his seat. A-Naruto stabbed the now balloon-like Luffy with his kunai knife, causing him to deflate, and fly around the room.
 
Chopper got up off the floor and changed to his Human Point. “I was sitting there!” He said in his most threatening voice. A-Naruto jabbed Chopper in the stomach with two fingers. Chopper realized he had been struck in his pressure points, and started writhing in agony.
 
Sanji ran up to A-Naruto angrily. “No one hurts one of my friends!” He yelled, as he prepared to deliver a devastating kick. A-Naruto held up one finger to block the attack. There was a sickening cracking sound, and Chopper got up to tend to Sanji's wounds.
 
 
 
Sanji was lying in a bed in Dr. Patooka's office. His leg was in a cast, and Chopper was sitting in a chair beside him reading the latest issue of Reindeer Monthly. Luffy had a slight cut on his stomach from when he was stabbed, but he wasn't in a bed like Sanji.
 
“That guy was tough.” Sanji said. “Like one of Xander's steaks.” Dr. Patooka came in holding a needle.
 
“Okay doc!” Sanji said. “I'm tough, my leg won't feel a thing!” Dr. Patooka gave a smile. “Oh,” he said, “I can guarantee that!” He flipped Sanji over and gave him a shot that was definitely not in his leg. Sanji screamed like a little girl.
 
Patooka started sprinkling some powder on Sanji's leg. “Now we do the traditional leg healing ceremony.” He said. “We must thank the Sun, Earth, and Wind. Should take three days.” “Three days?” Sanji asked in disbelief. “Can't you speed it up?”
 
Dr. Patooka began thinking hard. “I won't thank the wind.” He said. “Two minutes tops.” He put on a tribal mask and started waving his hands in the air. “NAJ^OLOO!” He cried out.
 
Suddenly, a fierce wind began to blow. Everyone was getting pushed against the wall, and Sanji tried to hang on to his bed for dear life. “THANK THE WIND!” He yelled. “THANK THE WIND!” Patooka nodded and started waving his hands. “SPAT ULA!” The wind died down and Patooka shook his head. “The Wind's very persnickety today.”
 
 
 
Chopper opened the door to his dorm. Ussop was watching TV, and Gargle was bouncing off the walls trying to get his attention. Chopper yawned and set his backpack on the floor. “Today was…interesting.” He thought. “I just know one thing.” He pulled up the covers and got into bed. “I'm never eating at Sushi Dooper again.
 
 
 
Next Time: Welcome Again