Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Story time ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Story Time
 
 
 
“We're still looking for people to audition for the school play!” Dean said. “If any one of my drama students wants to enter, just say so!” Yahiko sighed. “Why do I take this elective?” He asked himself.
 
Dean heard Yahiko say something. “What's that Yahiko?” Dean asked. “Sure, I'll give you the lead!”
 
“NO!” A voice coming from nowhere said. “I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE WORTHY OF THE LEAD! FOR I AM…” A smoke bomb exploded next to Yahiko. When the smoke cleared, Raphael Kindling was standing there. All his earrings were in his nose, and his hair was now green. “Raphael Kindling!” He screamed.
 
“Yes,” Dean said, “we all know who you are. But I just gave Yahiko the lead.” “WHAT?!?” Raphael asked. “Doesn't he have to go through, you know, auditions first?” “Oh, we don't do those anymore.” Dean said.
 
Raphael screamed in frustration and kicked Yahiko in the shin. “Lousy samurai!” He yelled as he ran away.
 
 
 
Yahiko opened the door to the school library. “You're sure you saw Raphael run in here?” Yahiko asked. “Yes, I'm sure.” Edd said. “When I finish my homework, I always spend an hour at the library before going to the school store. On my way, I saw Raphael run in here.”
 
Raphael was sitting in a chair and reading a book. “Go away.” He said when he saw Yahiko and Edd. “Sorry about stealing the lead.” Yahiko said. “Doesn't matter.” Raphael said. “At least I'm first understudy.” “Actually, Daryl's the first understudy.” Yahiko said.
 
Raphael screamed. “WHY IS EVERYONE ALWAYS PUTTING ME DOWN?” He yelled in anger. “I GET ONE CHANCE. ONE. FREAKING. CHANCE. THEN IT GETS YANKED AWAY! I EVEN GOT THIS COOL MACHINE THAT MAKES ME TALK IN CAPITAL LETTERS FOR THE PLAY, AND NOW IT'S USELESS!”
 
Yahiko grabbed the machine. “HOW'S IT WORK?” Yahiko asked. “COOL!” Edd grabbed the machine. “LUKE.” He said. “I AM YOUR FATHER.” Yahiko and Raphael stared at him. “I know.” Edd said. “That's something you'd expect from Ed.”
 
Raphael turned the page in the book he was reading. “That's weird.” He said. “I don't remember this page in the book.” “What's it say?” Yahiko asked. “I can't read English.” “You speak it quite fluently however.” Edd said.
 
Raphael began reading. “Let's see…” he said, “Percipitus. Gaindal. Sharaleen. Cheesecake. Gary, Indiana. Inkwell. What's an Inkwell?”
 
“It's what an author dips their quill in.” Edd said. “Not quite. Not right.” A voice behind everyone said. The trio turned to see what appeared to be a puddle of ink.
 
The ink began changing into a cloak. The cloak hung in the air as if something was wearing it. “I am Inkwell, spirit of writing.” The cloak said. It now changed into a small glass slipper. “The test is now, your doom you're inviting.”
 
“Why are you talking in rhyme?” Raphael asked. “Well,” Inkwell said. His form changed into that of a marionette. “Umm… don't ask me that! Now shut up and listen you miserable rat!
 
“The test is now. Your story's begun. And in the end, when I've won: your lives will be finished. Over. Done. And soon, you'll be under a fictional sun!” Inkwell now changed into a giant, inky beanstalk.
 
A hole appeared in one of the pages of the book Raphael had been reading. Edd and Yahiko were sucked into the hole. Raphael held on to the chair long enough to ask a question. “What do you mean this is a test?” He asked.
 
Inkwell laughed. “You'll see what I mean, that this is a test.” He said. “But first let's see if your grade will be the best.” Raphael let go of the chair and got sucked into the book.
 
 
 
Edd opened his eyes. `Where am I?” He asked. He looked around and saw he was on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Yahiko was in front of him, puking. “I always get sea-sick.” Yahiko said.
 
Before Edd could ask what that had to do with anything, he saw a giant white whale jump out of the water. “Starboard is the great white whale!” A voice screamed from the crow's nest.
 
Edd and Yahiko both turned to see an old man in a sailor suit step forward. He had a white beard and one of his legs had been replaced by a wooden plank. “This is impossible!” Edd screamed.
 
The captain turned and saw Edd and Yahiko. “This ain't a mission for boys!” He said. He kicked both boys into the water.
 
Edd screamed when he saw the giant white whale coming towards them. “It's Moby Dick!” Edd screamed. Yahiko laughed. “That's a dumb name for a whale.” He said.
 
Moby Dick opened his massive jaw as he swam towards the boys. “Swim like the wind!” Edd said. Yahiko swam as fast as he could, as did Edd. But seeing as how Edd was as strong as Ploo was, he was almost swallowed. Then he disappeared. Before Yahiko could go any farther, he disappeared too.
 
 
 
Raphael opened his eyes to see a gray, skinny creature staring at him. “We are hungry!” The creature said. Raphael recognized the creature from a book he'd read. “Aren't you Gollum?” He asked.
 
Gollum stared at him in surprise. “It is smart.” He said. “What should we do?” “What do you think?” Gollum answered. “We will eat it!” “No!” Gollum yelled at himself. “I'm not listening!” “I hate you!” Gollum snapped. “I hate you more!” Gollum answered.
 
While Gollum was having this conversation with himself, Raphael had just enough time to escape. He looked down and saw something shiny on the cave floor. “Hey!” He said as he picked it up. “A ring!” He quickly disappeared. Then, a hairy-footed creature fell into the cave. “Now what?” Gollum asked.
 
 
 
Edd looked around to see that he was at the bottom of a hill. An angry mob of villagers was around him. “You tell your boss, Doctor Frankenstein, up in Frankenstein's Castle, to keep his Frankenstein's Monster away from us!” One of the villagers yelled at Double D.
 
“People, people please!” Edd said to the villagers. “I've never even read this book!” “That means he has bad taste in literature!” A villager yelled. “Get him!” The villagers attacked Double D. When they were done attacking him, he disappeared.
 
 
 
Yahiko turned and saw Raphael next to him. “Where are we?” Yahiko asked. “I don't know.” Raphael said. “It looks like a comedy club.”
 
“You know what's really funny?” A man on the stage asked. “It's that MTV doesn't even play music anymore. What's with that? I mean, it's like calling the pizza place, asking for a pizza, and they're all `I'm sorry, we don't sell pizza we sell car insurance. If you want pizza call the book store.' Come on, these are the jokes people!” The audience burst into laughter.
 
“Oh!” Raphael said. “We're in How to Be a Standup Comic. It's in the self-help section.” Yahiko was confused. “What's car insurance?” He asked.
 
 
 
Edd sighed. “This is terrible.” He said. “I'm in a civil war book!” He was standing on the field between the two armies, and they were both charging towards him.
 
“This would be a great time to disappear!” Edd said. A paper airplane flew down from the sky and landed on Double D's head. “Too busy.” Edd read from the airplane. “I owe you one disappearance. Signed, Inkwell.”
 
One soldier shot his gun and the bullet flew through Double D's hat. “Right now please!” Another paper airplane flew down. “I owe you two disappearances.” Edd read from the note.
 
“Wait a minute…” Double D said. “Why doesn't he have time to make me disappear, but he does have time to send me these stupid notes?” Another paper airplane flew down. It read, “I owe you one explanation.”
 
 
 
Yahiko looked around. “Where am…” He stopped when he saw a giant dinosaur in front of him. It was a brontosaurus, but Yahiko was scared nonetheless.
 
Yahiko saw a Jeep drive after the creature. On the side of the Jeep were the letters JP. Yahiko smiled nervously and fainted.
 
 
 
“Yahiko! Raphael!” Edd yelled when he saw them. “I've finally found you!” Raphael and Yahiko were in awe. “How'd we get back here?” Raphael asked.
 
“I'll answer that question, oh test taker of mine.” A voice said. Everyone turned to see a man. He had gray hair and his face was wrinkled. He wore a green sweater vest and long khaki jeans. “I sent you into your fan fic, online.” He said.
 
“You're Inkwell!” Edd yelled. The man smiled. “Indeed I am, and since this annoying, I'll stop talking in rhyme.” He said. “With a simple code word that will not rhyme at any given time. Harold Westchtinger IV.”
 
Raphael just stared. “You're not an evil spirit?” He asked. “I am.” Inkwell said. “It's just, I don't look as evil as some of the other spirits I know. I make myself look like whatever I want with my Author Powers.”
 
Yahiko just shrugged. `Works for me!” He said. “Wait!” Raphael said. “Why'd you even attack us in the first place?” “Oh, that!” Inkwell said. “This was a school test. Watanabe Sensei summons us spirits to test the students' skills.”
 
“But why me?” Edd asked. “I take Advanced Learning Things Classes! I don't take fighting, or robots, or Legendz, or dueling, or anything that even has the slightest physical benefit!” Inkwell laughed. “What a nerd!” He said.
 
Inkwell turned into a puddle of ink and disappeared. Yahiko smiled and turned to Raphael. “If you really want to be in the play, I'll drop out.” He said. Raphael shook his head. “No thanks.” He said. “Acting's for wimps.”
 
“What?!?” Edd asked. “But in the beginning of this chapter you kicked Yahiko cause he got the part!” Raphael shrugged. “I have a short attention—.” He stopped and looked down at the floor. “Wow! A penny!”
 
 
 
Yahiko was about to do his big musical number for the school play. I f he didn't pull this off, the school would live in shame forever. “Oh it's…Ahhh!!!” Yahiko yelled because something had just kicked him between the legs.
 
The invisible something ran off of the stage and into Raphael's room. The thing sat on Raphael's bed and took off his ring. “That was awesome!” Raphael said. “And it's all thanks to you! My precious…”
 
 
Next Time: Nexus Academy Grande Prix: Clash of the Rubbermen!