Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

Quick Author note: please excuse this chapter for being so short ;D

I left and went to my room. When I got in there, I sighed, what a long, bad day this has been…it seems like nothings been going my way.

That's when my day really took a turn for the worst…it went from bad, to horrible, in about 3 seconds flat. I heard it…thunder. I shivered. I HATE HATE HATE thunder storms…and I'm deathly afraid of them. This was going to be a long, sleepless night…I just knew it.

Chapter Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With each crash of thunder, and preceding flash of lighting, I could feel myself getting more and more hysterical. I was so frightened. My mind kept going over the horrible things that could happen if my home was struck by lightning, I was so scared, and worried. I was worried about Kenshin, I was worried about Yahiko, Sano, heck, I was even worried about Megumi.

"AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!" I couldn't help myself from screaming at that one; it was so loud…and so close. Embarrassed, knowing the whole household would me in my bedroom in about 2.5 seconds; I hurriedly burrowed myself under my blankets with my back to the door and feigned sleep.

Just as I had predicted, Kenshin was in my bedroom as soon as I had settled myself.

"Kaoru?" he called as he walked across the room to my futon.

I suppressed a smile, so it's back to just Kaoru? I sure like the way he says my name…

I felt Kenshin's presence as he sat on the edge of my futon, my back to him, and tried so hard to not let him discover that I wasn't sleeping.

He gently pulled the covers back to see my head, and touched my arm…"Kaoru… daijoubu?"

Ohhhhh, why does he have to sound so sweet and concerned? Plus…::hehe:: having Kenshin on my bed, at night…thunderstorm or not, is rather…pleasant.

Another crash of thunder and lightning hit, even louder and closer than the last one and I squealed and jumped right onto Kenshin, grabbing onto anything that would protect me from the horrible monsters of nature outside.

I was shaking in Kenshin's arms, and he was stroking his hand up and down my back, trying to comfort me.

After a couple of minutes, I had calmed somewhat, feeling incredibly safe in Kenshin's arms…I lifted my head up from his chest where, I had originally burrowed it and looked up at Kenshin. He stroked his hand along the left side of my face…"Kaoru…" he said softly, in a whisper.

I started to smile at him when another crash of thunder and lightening hit, and I would swear it was right outside of my room.

I screamed again and burrowed myself back into Kenshin's chest. He started laughing…a deep, rumbling, loving laugh, and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down next to him on my futon.

I lifted my head up immediately, questioningly…why was he lying down with me? I was just being a silly little sacredly cat…

I opened my mouth to protest, but he silenced me by putting his finger on my mouth. "Shhhhhh…koishii, sessha will protect you…sleep." He whispered to me.

I smiled at him, and laid my head on his arm, sleep taking over me, almost immediately. Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all…he called me koishii…zzzzzzzz.