Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

"Kaoru-koishii…" I heard whispered to me in the cool night air…it sounded as if the wind was whispering to me in Kenshin's wonderful voice…

"mmmm…Kenshin…" I woke to the sound of my own voice. I opened my eyes, embarrassed of myself for moaning over Kenshin in my sleep. I could feel my face heating…

"Kenshin?!?!?" I said looking right at him. I am positively mortified…not only did I moan for him in my half sleep, he was right here in my bedroom!! Of all the embarrassing things!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six

Well, he is in my bedroom in the middle of the night…again…or at least I hope last night wasn't a dream…

Kenshin was pulling away from his position kneeling on the floor next to me and I grabbed onto his arm.

"Oro" Kenshin said at my sudden movement.

"Kenshin…why are you in my bedroom in the middle of the night?" I asked him in just more than a whisper. Kami-sama, I wish I could see him better, but it's so dark…I would love to be able to look into his eyes…if only I was a little closer…

I just barely realized that I was slowly inching closer to him…oh Kaoru, what's your problem!! He's in your room in the middle of the night without your permission; you should be smacking him over the head with your bokken, not mooning over him!! I chided myself.

"Anou, Kaoru-dono, gomen nasai, sessha…sessha was just making sure you are ok." Kenshin answered a little sheepishly.

"Aaa" I replied. (pause for effect) "WHY?!?!?" I almost yelled.

Kenshin immediately placed his fingers over my mouth, once again, getting closer to me, "Shhhh…Kaoru, you're going to wake the whole house." He whispered to me.

So we're back to just Kaoru huh? Ok…I can live with that. I think.

"Demo, Kenshin…why are you checking on me? I can take care of myself." I whispered back heatedly.

Avoiding answering my question, Kenshin said "Kaoru, it's late, gomen for waking you up while I was checking on you…I'm going back to my room now." And he stood up to leave.

As he turned to go back to his room, I said, "Matte, Kenshin…matte."

He turned back to me with his rurouni grin…how on Earth does he keep his teeth so white…that they almost GLOW in the dark? "Hai, Kaoru-dono?" he questioned.

"Was last night just a dream?" I blurted out. I felt my cheeks heating up again…and thanked kami-sama for the darkness of the night. I felt so foolish asking him, demo, I had to know this or I was going to loose my mind.

Instead of answering my question, Kenshin asked one of his own…"Was is it that you were dreaming about Kaoru?" he took a couple of steps closer to me.

I felt my insides getting queasy…I was so scared…scared that it WAS just a dream…scared of what he would say if I told him I thought he slept on my futon with me last night…and he didn't… I fidgeted on the futon…rumpling the covers even more.

"Kaoru?" Kenshin asked again.

I fidgeted once more…what to say…what to say…I was searching for the right words…

Kenshin took two swift steps closer to me and kneeled before me on the futon. He reached his hands out and grabbed the edges of my nightclothes, and pulled them back together.

"I should leave now Kaoru…" Kenshin said huskily, his hands still on me.

My face flamed once again…did I just bare all to him in my fidgeting? Oh what a nightmare my wonderful dream is turning into!! Why do I always do something stupid!! Kaoru no baka!! Baka baka baka!!! Why can't I be more foxy and sly like Megumi? She's got Sano wrapped around her finger…Oh forget it, I give up…can I just go back to hearing him whispering Kaoru-koishii to me? Ah heck, now's not the time to be bashful is it? He just saw the top half of me…

I reached out and gently caressed his X scar. "Iie, please stay here with me…I sleep so much better, when you are by my side." I whispered to him.

Kenshin's eyes widened for a moment, shocked at what I had said to him. Then he took his hands off of my clothes and stood quickly, "heheheheheheheheh" he scratched the back of his head…"w..w…w…what d..do you mean K-k-kaoru?" he sputtered.

I grinned…I grinned Kenshin's own innocent rurouni grin right back at him. HA!! Give 'em a taste of his own medicine. How do you like them apples…eh anata? I almost laughed at him. Putting my hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter, I giggled to him "Kenshin no baka, I'm just joking with you…kami-sama you would think we really HAD slept together or something!!" I laughed then…he was so cute when he was caught and squirming for a way out. How many people could honestly say that they saw, THE hitokiri battousai squirm? And even if they could say that, could they say they were the ones who caused him to squirm? I laughed harder…Kenshin stopped contained himself and stopped squirming…maybe my insane laughter helped him relax, although, I'm pretty sure he was just as aware as I was that I had truly cornered him, and that I knew it.

"Well, ah…oyasumi Kaoru" Kenshin muttered.

I couldn't help but flash my best impersonation of Kenshin's rurouni grin again. I had found that I rather liked making Kenshin squirm…I think I'll do a little more of it.

"Oyasuminasai Kenshin!!" I said enthusiastically. Kenshin turned to leave my room, just as he was about to slide the shouji to exit my room I whispered, "Sweet dreams…Kenshin…" and giggled, quietly to myself.


Ok!! That's it for chapter 6…I think I might have an idea of where I want to go with this, but I really could use some suggestions, and CONSTRUCTIVE and NICELY put feedback.

Arigato!!

Bunny ;D