Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ An Elusive BloodLine ❯ Identification ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin, never will, and I am not making a profit off of this fic. This applies to this chapter and all beyond this one.

An Elusive Bloodline: Chapter One: Jubaku

Kaoru's POV

This was it, I was here to confirm what the police already knew. The dim halllway was painted a chilling white and the temperature seemed to drop with every step that I took. Pulling my coat around me even more, I reveled in the warmth that was left. However, the doctor in front of me seemed unaffected by the cold temperature. The olny sound through the hallway was of her high heels coming in contact with the concrete floor. I was so entranced by the rhythm of her high heels' sounds and what I was about to do, I almost failed to halt at the door she'd led me to. "Here it is," the woman voiced. The depressing realization was upon me; I was about to identify the body of my best friend...

************

Regular POV

"Miss Kamiya, I know that this is very hard you, but I would like you to tell me if this is the body of Shizuma, Hairuko." The doctor asked before she pulled a gourney out of a freezer and flipped the sheet down. It was weird for Kaoru to see her best friend like that. Hairuko was one of the nicest people and most of all, they were all each other had. But... even though she looked as if she was sleeping peacefully, Kaoru knew that there was the tale tell wound in the back of her head. It was like all the others. It brought back bad memories. "Now, I know that her intermediate family is supposed to identify the body, but they were-"

"Since they are deceased, I will indentify her body, I know." Kaoru was a little sensitive when it came to Hairuko's family. They had been Kaoru's family as well. "Yes... That's her." Kaoru replied solemly. It would be very different now that Hairuko was gone. She tried to hold back her tears as she walked out of the basement and into the world, which stood before her seemingly anew.

End Chapter One

Tsuyoku - Well, that's chappy one! Please go on to chapter two, and R&R please! THX