Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back in Time ❯ Back in Time chap.2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Peace Maker Kurogone or Rurouni Kenshin. I'm not making any money off of this, so don't sue me.

Title: Back in Time

Summery: Saitou(RK) Gets thrown back in time after the Shishio incident. Not only that, he finds himself in a different universe where the Battousai doesn't exist.

Author note: Again Saitou(RK) may seem a bit OOC, but he's confused and unsure about what's going on. He will return to being the Wolf of Mibu we all love in the later chapters.

'italic' - Thoughts

"." - Speaking

'.' - What the sign says.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------

Saitou makes up well into the morning. The sun was already nearly reaching the top of the sky. His stomach growls, reminding him that he hadn't eaten much the day before. First the fight with Shishio and then waking up in this place. 'Well I'm still here, And after a good night sleep. I'll just have to get used to this time again.'

Saitou slowly claims to his feet and heads out. Sword strapped to the side of his blue and black kimono. 'If this is really Kyoto...My favorite soba shop should be in this area.' he walks a few blocks away from the hotel and finds the soba shop in the same place that he remembered.

The shop wasn't as well kept as he remembered, Saitou walks over and opens the door. The inside was even worst then the outside. The place had been abandoned for a long time. 'This doesn't make any sense. If this really is the past, then why is this different?' Saitou shakes his head, the unwanted thoughts and his own confusion were starting to get to him.

Saitou pops a cigarette into his mouth and lights it. He breaths in deeply, allowing the black smoke to relax him and clear his thoughts. He rests against the former soba shops wall. His stomach growls again, only more persistent this time. Saitou looks around, trying to think of another place that sells soba. A woman catches his attention, it was the same one from yesterday.

He pushes off the wall carefully, as to not jar any of his injuries. "Excuse me." Saitou says, his Fujita mask up in full effect. "Yes mister?" Saitou bows slightly. "I'm Fujita Goro, and I'm new in town. I was wondering if a pretty young lady like yourself would accompany me out for lunch?" Yamazaki pretends to think it over for a moment before agreeing. 'I'm in luck, now I don't have to follow him, it makes my mission much easier.'

Saitou begins walking, and Yamazaki hurries after him. :I didn't catch your name." He says, not looking back at the girl. "Oh, forgive me Fujita-san, I'm called Oseiya." "Well Oseiya, do you know of a good restaurant that serves soba?" The girl nods. "There's a soba shop not far from here if that's what you would like."

Yamazaki leads the two of them through the steadily increasing numbers of people filling the streets of Kyoto. "Were here." Yamazaki announces after traveling only a few short streets. Saitou nods his head instead of answering. The sweet aroma of the soba filling all of his senses. The two walk inside and sit down.

Once seated inside, a waitress come over with two bowls of soba, she sets them down before leaving again. "So Fujita-san, what brings you to Kyoto?" "I actually wasn't on my way here, I was attacked. Because of my injuries I'll be forced to remain here a bit longer."

Saitou attacks his soba quickly then, not bothering with anymore small talk. Yamazaki begins eating as well, as to not appear rude. There is silence for a few minutes.

Saitou finishes first, he wipes his mouth and calls for the waitress. "Another bowl of soba, please." The girl across from him finishes as well. "Make that two." The waitress leaves to go get them both another bowl. "So Fujita-san, if you were not heading here to Kyoto, where were you going?" Saitou thinks for a moment, truly unsure of what he was going to do after he finished healing.

"I don't know to be honest. I already missed my appointment in Kobe. I'm afraid once I run out of money, I'll be living on the streets." "If your good with that sword you carry," nodding to his side. "then there is a place you can go. Go to the Miburo."

"Miburo you say." The girl nods. "It's not far from the center of the town, if your interested." the two of them eat the second bowl of soba in the same way as the first. "I'll be heading home now, see you later Fujita-san." Saitou nods to her before getting up himself. He leaves the necessary money on the table and leaves.

'Miburo...Have you changed like Kyoto has? Or will you be the same Shinsengumi I remember? I must see with my own eyes.' Saitou moves towards the center of Kyoto as fast as he could. And for someone as hurt as he was, he made good time. Along the way a sign catches his attention.

'Wanted. Swordsmen who have experience and that are patriotic. Contact the Shinsengumi.' Saitou moves on. 'So the Shinsengumi are hiring new talent. I guess the girl was right, maybe I'll return to Miburo.' Soon the head quarters of the Shinsengumi comes within sight.

"Halt!" One of the men guarding the gates yells at the approaching man. "State your business." The other calmer man asks. "I am Fujita Goro, I'm interested in joining the Shinsengumi." The two men mumble to each other. "You can't just join. You need to prove yourself first."

The guard on the left calls for the gate to be opened. Saitou walks in accompanied by the two inside guardsmen that opened the gate. "So, which member are you challenging?" One of them ask. "Harada Sanosuke." "Oh think you can take on the Shinsengumi's top spearman? This is going to be great."

As soon as they get Saitou to the dojo they run off to find Harada, and to inform the chief Kondou. Saitou stands alone in the dojo. A small red head runs into the dojo only a few moments later. "Tatsu! I'm sorry!" Another enters, taller then the first and with fire in his eyes. "Tetsu, how many times do I have to tell you. 'Concentrate on you page duties.' And stop making Hijikata-san so angry."

Saitou smiled, it had been a long time since he last saw Hijikata. A while before the battle that took his life. If he was still the same, Saitou wanted to see him again. Saitou strikes a match and lights up a cigarette, The two boys notice they were not alone for the first time.

"Oh sorry mister, did we interrupt your training?" Saitou grunts. "Don't worry about it, I wasn't training, little boy." Tetsu's eyes become silts, a vain popping out of his forehead. "I'm not a little boy, I may be short , but I'm fifteen already!" Tetsu attacks Saitou blindly. Saitou side steps him easily, forcibly restraining himself from hitting the boy.

"Gomen, but don't get so worked up, we've never met before and based on your height and build, it just suggested your age to be a bit younger than you really are, ahou." Saitou says in as nice a voice he could muster. Outside the dojo a number of people were gathering.

"Hajime-dono. Want to watch the match? Come on, it will be fun." 'So that is the other me.' Saitou thinks to himself, overhearing the words that pasted between the two. 'I don't remember being so friendly with a woman now.' "All right," The other Saitou say, "Okita-dono."

---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

Saitou still not back to the Wolf of Mibu he normally is yet. But he's beginning to accept what's going on, and there are a few parts that his normal personality shined through. R&R.

Tri: Thanks for being the first person to review. And his reaction to Okita is coming up soon. His true reaction to Tetsu will also be coming up too.

Death Boo: He just caught a quick glance at his other self in this chapter, they meeting will be soon.

tomo-chan: Hope that this chapter clears up a few of your questions.

LordKaisermon: Thanks for the review, and I agree PMK Saitou is creepy.

The Girl Who Cried Oro: Thanks for the review.

shiki: Thanks

nannon: Hope this you liked this chapter as much as the first.