Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ The Arrival of Kana, Komichi Kana ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To the Start
 
Chapter 1: Arrival of Kana, Komichi Kana
 
A young girl of 18 dressed in a pale pink kimono with dark pink clusters of flowers sprayed over the design strolled by. In her slightly curled brown hair, she wore a cream colored ribbon with pale pink flower petals intricately embroidered. As she walked, men around her whispered and stared at the beautiful lady.
 
Then, a large rich man of the area walked up into her path and said, “You, what's your name. Come with me.”
 
“Oh my, not such a peaceful town now are you?” Kana said looking pointedly at the man. “I refuse to go with you.”
 
“No one opposes, Tetsushi Meyoma!” the man yelled at her.
 
“Well then, I suppose I am nobody.” Kana replied coolly.
 
Tetsushi grabs her wrist to drag her along, but is met with the girl's struggling.
 
“Now girl, you listen and you listen good. You are coming with me!” he growls.
 
“Now, that doesn't seem very friendly, does it?” a low male voice said from behind them.
 
The girl looks up to see a red haired man dressed in a blue gi and white hakama pants.
 
“Who are you?! I demand to know!” Tetsushi shouted.
 
“There is no need to give this one's name.” Kenshin answers briskly.
 
“Guys! Get the red-haired freak!”
 
Kenshin promptly draws his sakabatou and has knocked them all down within a minute.
 
“Wh-What are you?” Tetsushi stammered shakily.
 
“Leave her be.” Kenshin said, his eyes gleaming dangerously.
 
“Al-Alright. I'll be off.” Tetsushi said, backing away.
 
Kenshin sheathes his sword and walks over to the Kana with his shopping bags.
 
“Hello, are you alright?” he questioned smiling his Rurouni smile.
 
“Um, oh, hai, I'm fine. Thank you.” Kana replied graciously.
“No problem, this one is Himura Kenshin. And, what's your name?”
 
“Oh! Ken-shin… I'm Kana, Komichi Kana.” Kana replied realizing that this was the man that she met and feel in love with 6 years ago.
 
“Well, Kana-dono, you seem to be going somewhere, so this one won't keep you.” Kenshin said, bowing at her and turning away to leave.
 
“Oh, no actually, I was going to ask to do some work in exchange for bed and board at an inn. You see I don't have any money.” Kana told Kenshin looking downward.
 
A surprised Kenshin turns and says, “Well, if you wouldn't mind, you can stay with this one.”
 
“Really? I would love that! Thank you, Kenshin!” Kana exclaimed joyfully.
 
“It's this one's pleasure. Besides, this one is a rurouni that helps. This one is pleased to be of assistance.” Kenshin said smiling softly.
 
“Well, thank you so much anyway. Well, Kenshin? What were you doing around here?” Kana asked him, tilting her head to the side.
 
“Oro? Oh, this one was just shopping for groceries for dinner.” Kenshin answered, not expecting the question.
 
“Oh, well, where is your home?” Kana asked him, thinking he might still live in Kyoto, since that was where they met. “Do you still live- I mean- live in Kyoto, right now?”
 
`Home. This one's home. It's odd how those words can make one feel. Having a home has never felt so good'. Kenshin thought warmly.
 
“Kenshin?” Kana asked Kenshin with a concerned tone in her voice.
 
“Oro? Oh, gomen nasai. It's right here. It's this dojo.” Kenshin informed Kana as they reached they dojo.
 
“A dojo? You live in a dojo?” Kana saw the name of the dojo on the sign, “Kamiya Kasshin? You train in Kamiya Kasshin? I didn't know that.”
 
“Oh, no, this one doesn't train in the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu.” Then Kenshin opened the door and called, “Kaoru-dono! This one is home!”
 
“Kaoru-dono?” Kana asked Kenshin, confusedly. Who is this Kaoru-dono? Kenshin never told me about her before. Kana thought, getting slightly annoyed.
 
 
Author's Notes: This story came directly from my imagination, although, the character Kana's name was taken from the manga Fruit Basket. If you are reading this, I hope you have read Rurouni Kenshin. I really love the Kenshin and Kaoru pairing. I'm sorry if the story isn't turning out the way you expected. Hope you like it when I finish, though! I'll try to update soon!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin or any of the characters. Although, I love this series!