Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Continue the Intriguing Story ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 5: Continue The Intriguing Story!
 
“Oh! Oh! I wanna keep going! Where are we in the story?” Misao chirped.
 
“Misao-dono, this one had just fought Senkaku.” Kenshin answered, holding up his hands to calm her down.
 
“Oh! That! Yeah! Himura was amazing, 1st time seeing him fight!” Misao said.
 
“Um, Misao-dono?” Kenshin commented.
 
“Oh, sorry. Anyway, then Himura demanded Shishio fight him, but Shishio only had Soujirou fight him. And, man, was Soujirou good! You can't read his moves, since he has no emotions, so the match turned out to be Battoujutsu. That's when Soujirou broke Himura's sakabatou!” Misao continued.
 
“What! Your sakabatou broke!” Kana cried in shock.
 
“ Hai, it did. This one was astounded.” Kenshin commented.
 
“Then we left and basically got to Aoi-ya, where I live. Himura, Gramps, and I went to find Arai Shakku, only to find he was dead, so we found his son, Arai Seiku. We wanted him to forge Himura a new sakabatou. He refused, and later Himura fought Cho the sword hunter, with only his broken sakabatou. He almost lost, but Seiku realized that Himura said that, `swords don't create new eras, but it's the people who wield them who do,' so Seiku gave Himura, Shakku's last sword. A sakabatou. So Himura saved Iori, the Arai's son, that was what he was fighting for in the first place. Himura left, and he found Hiko Seijurou the 13th, his master, to learn the Amakakeru Ryuu No Hirameki, the ougi. That's when we brought Kaoru to him. Later, when Himura came back, they were ready to fight Shishio. The Oniwabanshuu stopped the Great Kyoto Fire, but Himura, Saitou, and Sanosuke stopped Rengoku, Shishio's ironclad warship. When they got back, the next day they went to fight Shishio, while they were fighting Shishio and 3 of the Juppongatana, we had had our own battle at Aoi-ya to worry about. The remaining Juppongatana, came to ambush Aoi-ya. I can't tell about the fight with Shishio, so someone else take over.” Misao finished. Everyone was just glad she didn't have to talk anymore.
 
“I'll tell of my fight against Anji, the one who taught me the Futae No Kiwami. The fight wasn't easy, I almost lost my life.” Sanosuke told everyone. Megumi squeezed Sano's hand in reassurance, as if saying `you didn't lose, or die, we are together today, so I'm glad.'
 
“Anyway, I was at a huge disadvantage, I could only use the Futae No Kiwami with my right hand, he could with his 2 hands, elbows, knees, feet, head, and through a sword. In the end, we learned he was doing this for salvation, then we finally reached him, and we moved on.” Sano continued.
 
“Hai, as Sano says, he won, that's the important part.” Kenshin concluded. Everyone was holding their breath, they'd never heard this part of the battle.
 
“Next was Saitou's fight against Usui, blind sword. This one does not know the details, since this one did not see it. But, this one thinks Saitou killed him. Then, as we were going toward the last Juppongatana, Soujirou, heaven's sword, this one felt Aoshi's presence in the room by us.” Kenshin finished.
 
“I shall tell this part, Himura.” Aoshi cut in.
 
“Alright, Aoshi.” Kenshin agreed, settling back to listen.
 
“During our fight, Himura tried to help me awaken. I was becoming a monster of meaningless slaughter, with the mask of it all being done for Beshimi, Hyottoko, Hann'ya, and Shikijou. When I became human again, Himura and I fought, he used the Amakakeru Ryuu No Hirameki against me and beat me, he went ahead while I rested, and waited to get my strength back. I said that I would catch up. Then, they left.” Aoshi said, just staring straight ahead the whole time, not showing a flicker of emotion.
 
“Hai, then this one, Sano, and Yumi-dono went to Soujirou. This one and Soujirou fought it out between 2 beliefs. This one's and Shishio's. Soujirou's Shukuchi was faster than Hiten Misurugi Ryuu, so this one had quite a hard time. This one could not read his moves. Finally, this one charged at him with Kuzu Ryusen, but he dodged it with his greater than god-like speed. That is how he assassinated Okubou. Finally, he cracked. He finally showed his emotions, so this one read his moves and used the ougi, finally defeating him. His decision is to wander to find his own philosophy. Then, Sano and I went toward Shishio.” Kenshin spoke forcefully.
 
“Yeah! And, Kenshin was so badly injured! I can't believe you managed it! You were cut in just about any possible place you can get cut! Even across the back!” Sano cried, remembering the situation.
 
“What! And you still won? Wow!” Kana cried out in amazement.
 
“All this one had was the will to survive, that led this one through the entire 3 duels in a row. When we got there, this one and Shishio fought. Shishio used many techniques, all of the secrets of the Burning Soul. The second secret brought this one to death and back to life. This one's will to survive helped this one come back to life.” Kenshin told his friends, as they watched wide-eyed.
 
“Yeah, Shishio set off gun powder, killing Kenshin, then Saitou came Gatotsu`ing' in, and aiming for Shishio's forehead, not knowing a metal band was there.” Sano explained. Now even Kenshin was soaking up his words, since he was too busy being dead at the time. “Then, Saitou fought Shishio and was defeated too. After that, I got enraged so I went at Shishio. He just knocked me into a wall and then, nothing.”
 
“Hai, he did Sanosuke. Then I came in to balance the scales once more. Himura spent extra energy fighting me, energy that could and should have been spent on Shishio. I tried my best succession techniques, even Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren. But Shishio didn't even get hit. The ougi had really lowered my strength. When I fell, that's when Himura stood once more. Letting out a fierce yell and battle ki, with leaves flying about and cracking. Everyone awoke. Finally, when they fought once more, Himura used the ougi, and Shishio got thrown out. But the way Shishio died was when the fires inside him finally set his body on fire. Yumi died saving Shishio, and Hoji ran. Kenshin passed out from blood loss and fatigue and we got back to Aoi-ya in the night. Kenshin wouldn't awaken, no matter what, but one month later, he finally woke from his deep sleep.” Aoshi finally finished. Hearing this, was like reliving those horrible months of nightmares again for them.
 
Everyone quieted down and Kana said, “Please, go on. I'd like to learn more.”
 
Well, after that, we all went home to Tokyo. That's where Jinchuu began. Yukishiro Enishi targeted everything this one has ever been in contact with, regardless how slight. First was Akabeko and then Maekawa Dojo. Also, he targeted Chief Uramura. Sano and this one fought Otowa Hyouko and Inui Banjin. Soon later, this one saw Enishi, and he declared that Jinchuu would be complete 10 days later at the dojo at the final battle. When this one got home, this one only sat alone, drowning in past crimes. Finally this one realized that this one should not hide the battle's beginnings, so this one finally broke down and told everyone the story,” Kenshin managed to say.
 
“And? What was your story?” Kana probed further.
 
Kenshin squirmed a little beneath her curious penetrating gaze, and answered, “do you really want to hear that?”
 
“Oh, hai. Your story is so exciting!” Kana replied eagerly.
 
“Alright, shall this one tell the entire story then?” Kenshin asked his group of friends, hoping for a favorable answer to him.
 
“Hai, go ahead. We are here. Tell it if you want.” Kaoru answered, reassuring him. Kenshin took a deep breath and started his long story with his assassination of Kiyosato Akira, and finally ending at the battle of Toba Fushimi.
 
Author's Notes: The telling of the story will soon be over, but something unexpected will happen in the next chapter. Sorry for not updating at my normal speed.