Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Megumi's Outburst ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 6: Megumi's Outburst
 
“Oh my, what a horrific past. I am so sorry about your wife, Yukishiro Tomoe, Kenshin.” Kana said quietly.
 
During the entire event recounting, only Aoshi and Misao were listening to Kenshin's Remembrance, since it caused the others so much pain to hear it again. The rest of the group was all half-listening, but they didn't meet anyone's eyes. Kenshin was speaking with a far off gaze in his eyes, as if he were talking on instinct.
 
“Horrific? Do you feel that Ken-san's past is horrific? He faced so many hardships that none of us have ever known! Without his and many other men's sacrifices, you would have learned of all these hardships first hand rather that through a story! Yet, you simply sum up such a life in a word such as horrific!” Megumi cried angrily.
 
“Megumi-san, I know what you're getting at, and that is all I have to say. I understand what you mean, but Kenshin has gone through it with many lessons learned, I'm sure. I said what I said for lack of a better word and to break the silence!” Kana yelled back. The crowd was all taken aback by the 2 women's yelling.
 
“Well then. If you had no better word, then you should have just kept your mouth shut! We all have gone through many hardships as well, in which you have heard of just now, and we would rather not have to relive them! Also, our lives before meeting each other haven't exactly been all fun and games either. You don't know what we all have had to through before finding kindness in each other. We all have gotten this far because we met each other. All of us would probably be dead if we had all never met! For your sake, we are recounting all of those events after our meeting that are so horrible that we wish not to think of them ever again! The worst is yet to come! You have not yet heard about Jinchuu, which is truly beyond horrific! Using your word. We do not wish for all of our trying efforts to keep Ken-san by our side to just be summed up in one simple word as horrific!” Megumi yelled with all her heart.
 
“I'm sorry, Megumi-san. I was unaware that my speaking my mind could aggravate you so. I only voiced my opinions. I had not intention of upsetting you.” Kana replied calmly, mocking her. She had a self-satisfied smirk on her face, and she spoke it a snotty tone.
 
“You!” Megumi yelled furiously. “You!”
 
“Yes?” Kana responded, her voice dripping with false sugary sweet sweetness.
 
“You! How dare you mock me?! What have I ever done to you?!” Megumi shouted at her, now even more furious.
 
“Maa, maa both of you. Why don't we calm down a bit, and talk things out, without yelling,” Kenshin stepped in quickly to stop their catfight.
 
“Why should we?!” both women yelled at Kenshin in unison, outraged. Kenshin backed up a couple steps at their outburst at him. “I wanna wring her neck!” they both shouted at each other. The squabble continued for quite a while, with the audience watching getting annoyed, yet they found it quite amusing.
 
“Let's just get back to the story, Kenshin.” Kana finally sat down saying.
 
“What?! I'm not finished with you yet! You get back here! Running away?!” Megumi yelled at Kana. Sano pulled Megumi down, saying, “Dear, don't make anymore of a scene. It's not like you.” Sano sighed.
 
“What do you mean?!” Megumi screeched in fury.
 
“Oookay, not a good time to try to calm her down,” Sanosuke hissed to himself under his breath.
 
“What was that?! Did you just say something Sagara Sanosuke?!” Megumi yelled at her boyfriend furiously. Everyone just sat there staring helplessly at Megumi's rage. Kana, though, sat there smirking and looking amused.
 
`Serves her right for yelling at me. I can play a mean game when I want. My kindness isn't always true.' Kana thought conceitedly.
 
Author's Notes: I mentioned in the previous chapter that there would be something unexpected. And, here it is. Megumi's outrageous outburst. So what do you think? I know that Megumi is a bit OOC'ed in this chapter, but… I thought it might help to take a break from the story. Please review! Thanks for reading! Oh yeah, the next chapter should be up in due time. Sorry for taking so long with this one. I've had homework, no time to type, and revising took longer than expected. Ja Sayonara! See you for the next chapter!