Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Careful Conspiracy ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 13: Careful Conspiracy
 
“Kana-kun, where are you going?” Kaoru asked in puzzlement.
 
`Oh, leave me alone, you boyfriend stealer! Oh, shut up, conscience! I don't care if he was never my boyfriend! I love him!'
 
“Oh, I just have plans with Hatori-san. That's all, Kaoru-san.”
 
All? You two have something special planned?” Kaoru asked, her eyes twinkling in mischief.
 
“I-Iie! Nothing like that! Just two friends! Really!”
 
“Whatever you way Kana-kun,” Kaoru chirped in a singsong voice. At that, Kana's anger flared up. She opened her mouth to tell Kaoru exactly what she thought of her, but then scolded herself fiercely. `Oh, you don't know what I'd like to do to you! Iie! I can't tell her. I'll never get near Kenshin if I do!'
 
“Kana? Are you alright?”
 
“Oh, fine, fine. Nothing to worry about,” Kana half spat out through clenched teeth,
 
“Ok, then. Have a good time!” Kaoru answered, frowning, unconvinced. Kana smiled back and turned to leave. The minute she was out the door, her hands formed a loop perfectly fitted to Kaoru's neck. As she walked, she thought, `Oh, that witch! That evil scheming witch! Who just happens to hold Kenshin's heart. Oh, why is this so complicated? She's so kind to me, and I'm plotting to steal her fiancée. Oddly enough, I feel no remorse. She's an evil devil! Why can't she be mean to me? Then that's a perfect reason to hate her! But, she is quite gullible… I can use that to my advantage. She's also trusting. Well, well. We've got ourselves a Buddha. She can do no wrong. And, she shall…'
 
“Kana-san? Hello, Kana-san. Glad I'm not in the wrong place,” Hatori's voice broke through her thoughts.
 
“Oh, hello, Hatori-san. I'm glad you came. You know what I need help with, ne?” Kana asked.
 
“Aa, I know. But, won't this hurt them both?” Hatori wanted to know.
 
Kana glared at Hatori and answered, “Why would it hurt Kenshin? He's got me. I'm worth a thousand Kaoru's! And I don't care what happens to that witch. I want to hurt her. She holds Kenshin's heart! That's what I want.”
“Oookay. What's the plan then?”
 
“It's like this, you and I talk to Kenshin and Kaoru and tell them about…” Kana continued in a hushed voice for a couple minutes.
 
“Wait, this is cruel. We can't hurt them so badly. I'm just not that kind of person,” Hatori argued.
 
“Fine! Then, this instead…” Kana whispered her second plan to Hatori.
 
“Got it, Hatori-san?” Kana asked briskly.
 
“Aa, I think so. It's not a hard plan, but it still seems too scheming. What will you tell Kenshin when he finds out? Will he still be happy knowing this?”
 
“Who said he has to know?!” Kana snapped, her temper being infringed upon.
 
“Well, Kana-san. You can't based a relationship on a big lie that it started with,” Hatori reasoned.
 
“Don't worry, Hatori-san. I'll tell him eventually. I won't keep it from him forever,” Kana soothed. “By the way, you can call me Kana. Forget the -san, Hatori-san.”
 
“In that case… Kana. Please do the same for me. Hatori works finely.”
 
“Alright, Hatori. Let's go back and put the plan into action then. What do you say?”
 
“I suppose,” Hatori replied hesitantly.
 
“Oh, Hatori. You are such a worrywart. Everything will be fine,” Kana laughed humorously.
 
“If you say so, Kana.” Kana smiled in agreement and turned to leave.
 
`Her laugh is like music to my ears. She has a beautiful voice. It's so lovely. She's beautiful to begin with. Every part of her. I just wish she wouldn't cling to Kenshin so. I can't even blame him. A guy that's so kind and caring. Besides, he doesn't even know that an angel is in love with him. Then again, to him, Kaoru-san probably is his angel,' Hatori mused ruefully. Hatori sighed, and once again wished that the plan was not needed.
 
Author's Notes: Hey, everyone. Chapter 13 is up now. So as you can see, Hatori will go along with Kana's plan, as much as I despise myself for writing it. But, that's how the story goes. Kana can be very evil as you've just seen. I purposely didn't write out the plan, so you'll see what it is in the next chapter. C U all l8r! Ta Ta!