Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ First Date ❯ Beauty ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

"Ohayou Tsubame. Is Tae here?" asked Megumi stepping into the Akabeko

"Ohayou Megumi-san. Yes Tae is in the back. she went for some water." Answered the girl.

"Arigatou." Said Megumi swiftly passing herself to the back of the restaurant.

Tsubame was a bit curios. Megumi had never come to search Tae. Maybe something was wrong. She wondered if Yahiko and Kaoru were ok. Some one called her to a table and she went to attend him. After she was done, she saw Megumi emerge from the back door with a smile on her face. Right after her was Tae with some water and also a smile. She signalled for the girl to come.

"Tsubame, we have a lot of work to do…"

~*°*~

"Tanuki!!" shouted Megumi at the dojo's front door.

It was kind of late. She wondered if Tae could do what she had asked before dinner. Megumi had gone back to her house and picked up a thing or two. It was Yahiko who came to the door. Something was different about him.

"where is your shinai?" Megumi asked realising.

"Busu is in no state to practice with me today. She has been in her room all day, except for when she came out this morning to smack Sanosuke and Kenshin. Did you hear? Kenshin finally asked her out. And now of course she is all nervous and stuff." explained Yahiko leading the way to Kaoru's room.

"I suspected as much…" smiled Megumi.

From outside the door you could hear desperate screams that seemed to say things like: "Since when do I have this horrible kimono?! No! he'll never like that!! What time is it?! What am I going to wear?! Where are my ribbons?!"

Megumi slid the door open to find a very frantic Kaoru digging threw all her kimonos which were now all on the floor. She was still in a yukata. Her hair was a bit damp. Megumi guessed she had just taken a bath.

"Need help?" offered Megumi

Kaoru just barely seemed to notice her. She stopped her search and stood to face her, trying to gain her composure again. But failed.

"Megumi!!!!!!! You have to help me!!!!!!!!" she said throwing herself on the doctor and spilling tears all over the place.

"Relax Tanuki, that's what I came here for. I already heard what happened."

"Sou desu ka?" Kaoru asked smiling and blushing… "It took him long enough ne?"

"Yes, and I had a slight feeling that you would like this, so I came over to help. Here take this"

Megumi whipped out a gigantic sack from nowhere with who knows what in it and dumped on top of Kaoru.

"Ahhhhh!!" she shouted as something sharp pressed against her back.

Megumi climbed to the top of the bag and unmade the ribbon that was tying it, splattering everything on top of Kaoru.

"Mou!! Get me out of here!! I can't breath!!" she screamed under the cloth

Megumi did as she was told and got Kaoru out.

"What is all this?!" asked Yahiko who was still by the door

"Oh you'll see…" answered Megumi. To Kaoru "You sit there," to Yahiko "you go get water, now lets get started!"

Kaoru suddenly felt quite nervous.

~*°*~

"Itaaaaaaaai!!!! That hurts!!"

"No one said Beauty was easy."

"What are you doing anyway?!"

"You'll like it!"

"But I don't even know what it is!!"

"Just shut up and hold still! Or it's gonna be all crooked!"

"What will be crooked?!"

"Your hair dammit!!"

"But it hurts!!!!"

~*°*~

"Ohhhh, ohhhh, ohhhh, ohhhh!"

"Don't move!!! I'm almost done! No no no no! don't cry!!

"But it tickles!!"

"fight it! Blow some air into your eye!! There!!"

"Finally!"

"Now the other eye."

"Mou!!!"

~*°*~

"Will this hurt?"

"naw!!!! It's just like a little pinch! Hold still…"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Kaoru!!! Quit running around like an idiot!!!"

"Then get those tweezers away from me!!!!!"

"It won't hurt!!!… that much!"

"Noooooooooooooo!!!!!"

"Oh come on!!! It's just three or four stray hairs!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

~*°*~

#%& Several hours later &%#

"Yahiko!!" yelled Megumi

"What?"

"Get in here!! We need a man's opinion!!"

Yahiko gulped. He didn't want to go! Kaoru had been screaming her lungs off all day! What if it was a trick to capture him. He sighed and made his way to Kaoru's room. When he slid the door open he almost fell back.

He didn't really see the need to get Kaoru all stuffed with makeup. After Megumi had sent him to get the water, they had started planning things. He was a bit curious at first but when the screaming started he found sudden interest in the kitchen's hygiene.

He hadn't seem Kenshin all day. But when he passed Kaoru's room on a streak of silence he over heard Megumi say that he would come later.

"Bu--, busu?!" he asked. Then stopped, as soon as the words were out of his mouth he regretted saying them.

He thought she would look different, but she didn't. with all the screaming and complaining, he thought Megumi was turning her into those actor women you see at the festivals with white faces and splotches of black and white on their eyes and cheeks. But…

"Well don't just stand there! Say something, she's waiting." Megumi said to Yahiko

"um… well, you… look nice Kaoru…" he said. He just couldn't bring himself to call her busu. He would be lying.

"If makeup has this effect on Yahiko, how would it work on Kenshin?" giggled Megumi.

Kaoru and Yahiko blushed. Megumi excused Yahiko and he went back in the yard to keep practising. `the big date…' he said to himself `it was about freakin time if you ask me. Kenshin had better take good care of her or else he's gonna have to answer to me, and possibly Sano. He will, I'm sure he's the right one for busu.' A big goofy grin appeared on his face imagining Kenshin and Kaoru with a litter of kids, Kaoru yelling above the children's screams and Kenshin chasing after them yelling "Orororororororo" he giggled

"What's so funny Yahiko?" asked a voice behind him

"Nothing… just, nothing. Say, where is Kenshin, wasn't he with you?" he asked the ex-gangster.

"Yeah he's here, didn't you hear him come in? he came in here yelling doing that oro thing." said Sanosuke

"Nope… but why did you take so long? The sun is going down you know."

"Guy stuff, you'll understand when you grow up."

Yahiko frowned. That seemed to be peoples favorite expression when they weren't in the mood to explain something.

"So is he here to pick up busu?" asked Yahiko

"Well sort of, he's been very busy all day and I was just on my way to the dojo so I thought I would stick around and see what happens, besides he asked me for something and I had to go back to my apartment and get it."

"he asked you for something? What a change."

"Yeah well I do owe it to him."

"And what did he ask you for?"

"He wanted *whisper*"

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! FROM YOU?!?!?!?! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!"

"What's so god damn funny about it?!"

"SANOSUKE!!!!!!!!" came the voice of a very desperate rurouni.

Yahiko looked to Sano and Sano to Yahiko.

"I take it he needs help…" said Sanosuke

Both men took off. They slid the door open to his room and stayed put for about 3 seconds. After that.

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

"IT'S NOT FUNNY DE GOZARU!!!!"

~~~~~~~~°*°~~~~~~~~