Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Her ❯ Search Party ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenshi: I'm up, I've had twelve hours of sleep, and it's a new day to write! ^^

Sakura: You get too much sleep.

Tenshi: Would you rather see me hyper?

Sakura: No one does.

Tenshi: Then I have to get lots of sleep. You remember that giggle fit I went into don't ya?

Sakura: Oh, god, yes.

Tenshi: See, I was very tired and very hungry. That combination makes me hyper. ^^

Sakura: You're too strange for anyone's liking.

Tenshi: I have such a weird metabolism. Sugar has no affect on me, neither does caffeine, but if I'm hungry and tired, I go crazy. It's quite scary.

Sakura: Yes, I defiantly know that. What are you eating?

Tenshi: Instant Lunch.

Sakura: Cup o' Noodles?

Tenshi: Pretty much.

Sakura: Cheddar Cheese, what kind of flavor is that?

Tenshi: I don't know. Never tried it before. I have this feeling that I'm gonna end up throwing it out though.

Sakura: Try it.

Tenshi: It's not done yet, I'll tell ya after the story.

Sakura: Whatever. Standard disclaimer applies.

Tenshi: OK!

~~~~~

Her

Ch 18: Search Party

Sano watched as she disappeared into the gloom of the hallway. He couldn't move for some strange reason. He felt as if he'd lost her. She was running from him. He'd felt as if he'd lost her once today, then he got her back, and now he felt as if he'd thrown her away. What had he done?

"Sanosuke!" A shout rose up from behind him. It was Kaoru. "Baka! What did you do!" Kaoru ran up to his left, Megumi on his right. Neither looked very happy with him. But Sano was just staring at the last spot he'd seen Masako.

"Sanosuke, what did you tell her!" Megumi yelled, hitting him upside the head.

"I… I'm not sure what I said…" Sano replied, somewhat dumbly. He felt angry with himself now, but he wasn't showing it externally.

"What do you mean you don't know!" Kaoru screamed, also hitting him on the head.

"Will you two stop hitting me already!?" Sano cried out, snapping out of his daze.

"Tell us what you said then!" the two girls shouted, causing Sano to shrink down.

"I don't know what I said…" Sano murmured. He truly couldn't recount what exactly he'd done; his brain had been mush.

"Well, where'd she go then?" they asked.

"I don't know, she just… ran off…" he muttered, pushing his index fingers together to create an upside-down "V" and straightening them out again.

"BAKA!" the two screamed in unison, both hitting him on the head again. "Did you even catch the fact that she likes you?!"

"Yeah, I did…" Sano's face started to turn red. Megumi and Kaoru noticed this.

"You like her too, don't you?" they asked, still in unison.

"…Yes…" he squeaked.

Kaoru and Megumi looked at each other. They'd get to play matchmaker. They looked at the hallway again. "Then what did you tell her!"

"Miss Kaoru, Miss Megumi, what is going on here?" Kenshin asked, coming out of the dark hallway behind them.

"We'll explain later, Kenshin," Kaoru answered.

"We've got some work to do," Megumi finished.

"But, we have to find Masako first," Kaoru added.

"Yeah… Kenshin, that's something you can help with!" Megumi squealed.

"Sano, go get Yahiko, meet us outside. C'mon Kenshin!" Kaoru took hold of Kenshin's arm and began to drag him down the hallway.

"Hey!" Megumi yelped, as the two began to fight over Kenshin while making their way outside.

"What? Why do I have to find the squirt?" Sano asked, as he sat down on the tatami.

"No one has to find me," Yahiko answered, walking out from behind Sano as he leapt about a foot in the air from surprise.

"Yahiko, don't do that!"

"Do what?" Yahiko just smiled largely.

"C'mon, you're going to be part of this search team." Sano grabbed Yahiko by the back of his shirt, dragging him down the hallway.

"Why?" Yahiko asked as he struggled against Sano's grip.

"We've got to find Masako," Sano answered simply.

"Again?!"

~~~~~

Tenshi: Not bad… could have been better, but still edible.

Sakura: You are talking about the noodles, right?

Tenshi: Yeah…

Sakura: Please review.

Heaven Sent Tenshi