Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kaoru shivered "Kiyasato gave me this curse" she heard "Kenshin?" she said weakly "Miss Kaoru!" "Kenshin?" "Kenshin" Kaoru's eyes shot open as memories of the dream she had had.

A young boy smiled to a lady who was riding on a horse, he was carrying a little spinning toy. They lady smiled down at him with great kindness, then there was blood and the young boy was being covered the same woman who had smiled at him "please leave him alone!" one lady cried but the man wouldn't listen to her and slayed her, then another was slayed before the man walked over and stabbed the woman who was covering the boy right through her neck. The man was about to kill the child but he was stabbed in the back. Next picture there stood the boy and the man who had saved him "what's your name?" the man asked "Shinta" the boy said "Shinta huh?" the man asked, "Shinta's to soft for a swords man from now on you will be known as Kenshin" "Ken..shin" Shinta said before following the man out of the grave yard the little Shinta or Kenshin had made.

Then the image flashed to an older Kenshin who was fighting with a man, the both charged each other and Kenshin got cut in the left cheek "Tomoe" the other man whispered before Kenshin slayed him. There were bodies all over the ground blood splattered everywhere "clean up this mess" Kenshin said before the image flashed again to a young woman walking in the rain with a purple umbrella over her head. Kenshin sliced a man some of his blood hitting the girl "my names Tomoe" she said as the image flashed now it was snowing and Kenshin weakly slayed men one by one to save Tomoe. Finally he reached her and Kenshin fought of the last man, the fought off the man laughed mouth moving but Kaoru could hear no words.

Finally she saw Tomoe run in-between the two swords and was killed, the man fell on the snow Tomoe in Kenshin's lap, his tears fell on her face like rain, slowly she lifted up her dagger and Kenshin closed his eyes, as she cut a small diagonal line across his cheek mixing it with his other cut to form a cross on his left cheek. Slowly she brought it down mumbled something and closed his eyes and Kenshin cried out one word "Tomoe!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin ran up to the people guarding the doors "let me pass" he said dangerously hand gripped on the hilt of his sword ready to unsheathe it anytime. Kenshin looked at them "let me pass!" he cried again "sorry sir but the visiting hours are over" said one of the guards in fear. "Let me through now, this is your last warning to let me pass" Kenshin threatened but the guard only shook his head. "I warned you" Kenshin cried unsheathing his reverse blade sword, he flipped it and brought it down on one of them chopping them in half splattering blood everywhere, then he turned towards the other guard and chopped off his head sending more blood. Then he pushed open the doors and charged in.

"Kenshin," Sano called, "is breakfast ready yet?" he called, he nearly fell over when he saw the blood on the floor "Sano!" Yahiko cried out, "Sano I saw Kenshin head down to the hospital!" Yahiko gasped once he saw the blood on the fish "we have to go after him" Sano said as he and Yahiko ran out of the dojo towards the hospital. "Kenshin!" Yahiko cried while they were running he bumped into Sano "hey what's the big idea?" Yahiko asked but turned to see what Sano was now pointing at and Yahiko took a step back, there lay the dead bodies of the guards covered in blood. Yahiko began to tremble "you think Kenshin did that?" he asked Sano who just nodded his head before running in the hospital stepping in the blood Yahiko following him blood on his own shoes. Slowly they passed more bodies of guards and workers, "man Kenshin must really be angry" Sano said as he ran up the flight of stairs leaving blood prints on the ground Yahiko leaving more "I can't believe he flipped the blade" Yahiko said.

Finally they reached Kaoru's room, there lay some prints of blood and a small body lay there by the door side, "come on" Sano said "there is no way I'm going in there" Yahiko said shaking "come on Yahiko" Sano said shaking just as much, but he grabbed Yahiko and dragged him inside the room quietly, there lay Kenshin "Tomoe what have you done?" he asked looking up at the sky as more blood down his cheek "Kenshin?" everyone looked over at Kaoru "Kenshin?" she was asking "Kenshin!" she cried, "you have made it rain...rain of blood" she said in her sleep. "Tomoe?" Kenshin asked Sano and Yahiko noticed that his sword was covered in blood, "Miss Kaoru?" Yahiko gasped a little to loudly and Kenshin turned around, his cheek dripping blood his eyes an amber color which were full of anger and rage. He quickly grabbed his sword and glared at Sano and Yahiko "I have to reason to kill you so leave" he ordered them "Kenshin no" Yahiko cried.

Kaoru slowly opened her eyes to see Kenshin grab his sword and threaten Yahiko and Sano to get out. Slowly Kaoru opened her mouth her burns no longer hurting she watched Kenshin charge at them "Kenshin don't!!" she cried out reaching out one of her hands, "Kenshin stop don't hurt them!" she cried. Kenshin stopped when he was about to slice off Sano's head, when he heard Kaoru cry out for him to stop. Slowly he turned around to see Kaoru looking at him with sadness and fear, "Kenshin stop," she cried, "don't hurt them" Kenshin looked at her and for a flashing moment he saw Tomoe looking at him with eyes of sadness and fear. Then it struck him Tomoe was living through Kaoru, she was helping her live I have taken my death Kenshin, keep Kaoru safe from harm he heard Tomoe's voice say in his mind.

I was a sacrifice to save you, I love you Kenshin and I couldn't let you die because you lost me, now you have Kaoru you must protect her with all your heart Kenshin my love slowly Tomoe's voice disappeared and Kenshin's scar stopped dripping blood, "you have made it rain blood Kenshin," he heard Kaoru say, "stop the rain please no more," Kaoru cried, "you have made it rain blood, don't kill Yahiko and Sano, please Kenshin no more blood." She sniffed and Kenshin dropped a tear, a tear that looked like blood.

"Tomoe" Kenshin whispered before turning his back to them all and mumbling "Tome I won't forget you, but I will protect Kaoru, I will always love you Tomoe, just like I will Kaoru." Then Kenshin turned to face them "I have made it rain" he said opening the door looking at all the dead bodies and blood splattered, "clean up this mess" he said as an image of one of his partners from the revolution appeared in his mind. Slowly Kaoru walked over to Yahiko and Sano and they all watched Kenshin leave.