Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Maternal Expectation ❯ July ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
July, 1880

Kaoru, Kenshin, Yahiko and Yutaro were eating out at the Akabeko as was their Friday night custom. Kaoru was drinking tea along with her beef hot pot. Just then, she felt the sudden urge to urinate. With a brief excusal, she jumped up and ran to the outhouse behind the restaurant. Finished, she returned and continued to eat. Ten minutes later found her heading out again.

This went on the rest of the night they ate. Every ten minutes, Kaoru had to jump up and run to the outhouse. Yahiko and Yutaro exchanged amused glances, neither of them wanting to voice their amusement for fear of being on the receiving end of Kaoru's wrath.

After they returned to the dojo and turned in for the night, it continued. Every ten minutes, Kenshin would be brought back to wakefulness by Kaoru jumping up and running to the outhouse. When she returned the fifth time, he spoke up.

"Why don't you just keep a bucket in the room and..."

WHAM!

"Orooooo..."

"Good night, Kenshin," said Kaoru acidicly.

"Good night, koishi," said Kenshin, rubbing the lump now growing out of the back of his head.