Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ on a cold Christmas eve ❯ Christmas Eve ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On A Cold Christmas Eve
 
Come All Ye Faithful, not mine
Story by Blueunkown, characters by Nobuhiro Watsuki

Someone so defiled, in a place so pure
And he was not meant to be here, yet he was drawn here anyways. To this sacred spot. He stared up at the towering moment to the gods, snow falling silently all around him. Pure white snow, perfect for the place he now stood.
The irony.
It was Christmas eve, and the place should have been empty. But it wasn't. There was somebody there. Someone was there on Christmas eve.
A woman
On the cold Christmas eve
O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant,
Oh come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem;
come and behold him, born the King of angels;
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
The woman was kneeling in prayer when the doors blew open, bringing in the whirling snow. Her long black hair, smooth as a ravens wing, long let down from it's ponytail blew in circles around her head.
The temple was not much warmer than the bleached outside world.
He paused, watching, her. And time seemed to still, as she turned her head towards him, and their eyes met, for the first time.
God of God, light of light,
lo, he abhors not the virgin's womb;
very God, begotten not created:
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
And then he was beside her, holding her almost frozen form in his arms and to his chest, returning warmth and strength to her limbs.
She smiled up at him, her tiny hand reaching up to cover the cross shaped scar that marred his left cheek. She saw his fangs then, and did not flinch away. A breath escaped her lips as she traced the contour of them, then his strong jaw.
His molten eyes studied her.
This pure being who accepted him already, as the tainted creature he was.
He was an angel to her.
Sing, choirs of angels, sing in exultation,
sing, all ye citizens of heaven above;
glory to God in the highest:
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord
.
Molten gold clashed with ice blue.
Pureness against a tainted soul
And they knew then that they were each others. Forever, from the death that would never come.
He caught her hand then, and brought it to his lips before his own mouth crushed against her own, in the holy place of god.
See how the shepards summoned to his cradel,
leaving their flocks, draw nigh with lowly fear;
we too will thither hend our joyful footsteps;
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
And that is how, on a cold Christmas eve, true lovers found one another. One soul tainted, one soul pure.
Each tangled in the webs of fate.
On that white Christmas eve.
And the kiss that sealed it all
Yea, Lord, we greet thee, born this happy morning;
Jesus, to thee be glory given;
word of the Father, now in flesh appearing:
O come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.

Written on a whim...that sounds poetic. First story added, even if it is a oneShot, please review. Merci.
Shattered theories