Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Only You ❯ Only You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only You
 
By: Howlinatowl
Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin.
 
Only you are there when I practice. All of the others have gone to explore the world, except for a few. But you have stayed at my house for more than a year. After all we have been through, I have still been expecting you to get up and leave. You haven't.
 
You are the only one who is able to fight away my pain and fears. Everyone else in town has just stood there and mocked me behind my back. As they do this, you are the only one left who is able to send fear through them for mocking me.
 
That night as we stood in the dojo, you were the only one I saw in front of me. You said in a whisper.
 
“Koaru, are you okay?”
 
You were the only one who could snap me out of a dream and make it real.
 
“Yes, more than you think.”
 
I smiled at you as we got closer, realizing what might happen. I wasn't shy or scared anymore.
 
“Kenshin…..”
 
“Yes Koaru.”
 
I got tears in my eyes. But for once, they were tears of joy.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Koaru, why are you thanking me? I haven't done anything for you.”
 
You then gave me that adorable smile of yours.
 
“Yes you have.”
 
“What have I done?”
 
“You have saved me. From your enemies, from yourself, and most of all from me.”
 
“What do you mean, how did I save you from you?”
 
I tried coming up with the words, but it was hard to explain what I felt.
 
“Before I met you, I was miserable. Both of my parents died before I was a teenager. People were trying to shut down my dojo because nobody thought I could handle it. Then when you came, you gave me more hope.”
 
Slowly, we got closer. I had finally gotten you to understand what I had been feeling.
 
I slowly bring my hand up to your scarred cheek. You winced, but then gave in as you leaned on my hand and closed your eyes as you sought comfort. We then understood each other a little bit better.
 
“Koaru, why didn't you ever tell me this before?”
 
Your hand then caressed mine, trying to understand.
 
“Because I was always scared you would take it the wrong way.”
 
“Koaru, I will always be there for you to lean on and share with. I will never leave you.”
 
With those words, you made my heart swell with warmth and readiness. I smiled at you before I told you.
 
“Kenshin…I….huh…I...”
 
“I love you too Koaru.”
 
Suddenly reality hit me. I was speechless. I had been afraid for no reason.
 
“I love you.”
 
“You're kind of late.”
 
“I've never really been good at timing.”
 
As we got closer, we both realized, there wasn't much room left. I closed my eyes on instinct as I tilted my head. Finally, your warm soft lips touched mine for a quick and innocent first kiss.
 
As we broke away, I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I wasn't heaven. Soon, you got this little grin on your face.
 
“Looks to me you're right on time.”
 
“Hey Kenshin, have I told you how much I love you?”
 
“Yes, but I would like to ask you one thing.”
 
“Anything Kenshin.”
 
“Well if you say anything, then will you make me the happiest man in Japan, and be my wife?”
 
My heart started beating fast and out of rhythm. I could faintly hear it. Tears of joy started welling in my eyes again.
 
“Yes……Yes I will.”
 
You suddenly became jumpy, like a five year old about to open a present.
 
“Good, then I didn't buy this for nothing.”
 
You slowly took a small box out of your sleeve. You handed it to me, and as I looked inside, I was speechless. It was a simple silver band with a tiny sapphire stone in the middle.
 
“Kenshin... you didn't have to. Telling me was all you had to do.”
 
“Now it is more official. Everybody can now know that I love you.”
 
After I slipped it on, we again locked into each other's gazes. We slowly came back together. At that moment, I truly wasn't afraid.
 
As we poured out everything we had into that one kiss, I realized one thing……
 
You are the only one who is able to save me.
 
You are the only one who can chase away my fears.
 
You are the only one I can rely on.
 
You are the only one who can make me whole.
 
 
 
Only you are there.
 
End