Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Rekindled Darkness”

 

       &nbs p;    AN Hey peoples! I was just reading the RK manga and this fic idea just popped in my head, so hope you all like. This takes place in first season with Jin-ei (slight spoilers for 1st season) hope you all like B&K pairing

Oh I apologize for all the typos I’ll have to take care of that at a later date (I wrote this three years ago but have started working a bit on it again) ^^

 

Disclamer: Looks at Kenshin nervously who has gone total Batousai and has placed his Sakabatou right at my throat, “hehe… I do not own Rurouni Kenshin”

 

Chapter 1: Batousai Unleashed

 

        &nbs p;   Kaoru sat in the in the shrine every thing was beginning to blur as her air deprived body slowly began to circum to the darkness that promised eternal peace. “ken…shin…” she weakly whispered her voice raspy with lack of oxygen. She could see Kenshin looking down at a battered Jin-ei with haunting yellow eyes.

            “Your life as a swordsmen is over, your elbow is smashed and the tendons are severed, and now so is your life.” Kenshin said darkly as he raised his sword above his head, angling it so he could easily finish the job. The sword glistened in the moonlight the edge of the blade shining brightly as the star and moonlight embraced it in an innocent sign of farewell, “Die!”

            Kaoru’s eyes widened slightly, she was barely staying awake, but that one word made her wish ever so badly that she could call out to him… if only…

             Jin-ei’s voice cut through Kaoru’s shaky thoughts back to the ever-fading present, “You’re hesitating Batousai, is there something wrong?”  He smirked up at his assailant who seemed to falter ‘No! I need him to end this! After all this would not only be the truest honor for me, but I would have revived the legendary Hitokiri Batousai! I can’t let him reconsider!’

          ;   Kenshins eyes softened for a moment and Kaoru was almost able to relax and let go to the tight hold she was striving to keep on life when his eyes hardened back into the flaming gold that threatened to swallow all those who gazed into them in an inferno so great there would be no escape.

            “If you don’t kill me, the girl will die.” Jin-ei said smugly “If you are going to free her you have no other choice.” His smirk widened as he gazed at Kenshin, “Could I possibly make it any simpler for you?”

All reason immediately fled from Kenshin ‘Aku, Soku, Zan.’ Flooded his mind as he glared down at his prey.

“There is no time left now finish it.” Jin-ei prompted

Kenshin’s eyes never strayed from Jin-ei’s form  “To save Kaoru-dono, I will become the Hitokiri once more. Die!” he hissed out as the blade wised through the air.

Kaoru looked on weakly in horror and let out one last whispered “dame…” before her word went dark.

Kenshin looked down at Jin-ei’s limp body, and the blood that now surrounded him on the grass. Flicking his sword he quickly sheaved it before he turned around to see Kaoru lying unconscious on the ground just outside of the shine. Her dark hair was strum about   around her. His eyes faded quickly from golden yellow to steal blue as he raced over to her, “Kaoru!” he called while quickly checking her pulse. Much to his relief one beat steadily under his fingers and her chest moved softly up and down as she breathed: she was still alive.