Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 10

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hey guys me again! You happy to see me? <waits for thunderous applause> ^_^

 

Disclaimer: <calls out from padded room> Really I own Kenshin! You gotta believe me!

 

Chapter 10:

            Kaoru shot a pleading look to Kenshin who had his impassive mask up again. He gave her a small nod, before setting his sword down in the spider’s path letting it walk up on its blade. Once the spider was completely on it, Kenshin whipped it up with his god speed sending the spider hurtling to the other end of the yard… where Kaoru had run to while he dealt with the manse…

            All three onlookers watched as the now very dizzy spider landed right at her Kaoru’s feet. Several seconds ticked by only to followed by a small scream and a dust cloud. When the dust cleared Kaoru was gone.

            The others just blinked in silent aw. Seconds later they could hear Kaoru’s shouts, something about ‘stupid Rurouni’s and demon eight legged creatures.’ As she pelted several random house hold items at, not only the spider, but Kenshin, Yahiko, Sano, and even Megumi. 

            Kenshin easily dogged out of the way or caught the occasional item unlike the other two boys who were taking each and every blow she sent. And Megumi being the smart one had taken refuge behind Kenshin until Kaoru’s throwing fit had passed.

          &nbs p; She started to wrap her arms around him as she cooed “Oh Ken-san, my her-“

            She was abruptly cut off however by Kenshin pulling forward using his hands to guide hers off, “Kenshin.” He corrected.

          & nbsp; When she looked at him in confusion and bewilderment, he sighed and tried again, “My name is Kenshin, not Ken-san.”

         &n bsp;  Megumi looked at him in something akin to aw as she nodded her head in acceptance.

             All the while, Yahiko and Sano were slowly pealing themselves off the floor they had several bruses and bumps in various places providing a testament to Kaoru’s wrath. It could be sure that neither one would soon forget to help out if a spider ever crawled into the dojo again.  

            And Kaoru let her darkening expression drop as she walked back over and took her place at Kenshin’s side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             Beshimi had taken his place in the trees just out side of the dojo, he just couldn’t belie these clowns, they would be all too easy to beat, he gave a small snicker as he remembered the spider incident, at lest this wasn’t a boring stakeout. He watched the group carefully as they all walked to the dinning room to talk around the table it was time for the Oniwaban-shu to strike before the girl sang too much information for her own good… 

            Yes, he’d just go get his comrades and take care of this tonight!