Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hi guys! ^_^ here’s chapy two for the day, I’m going to be insane and start a second fic sometime soon rewriting the starfrost/reflections ova with a happily ever after style ending so keep ½ an eye out for it.

 

Disclaimer: <Koniko is typing away on computer > ‘I own Ken-‘

                    <Saitou’s Katana is placed at Koniko’s eye level, > “you were typing?”

         &nb sp;         ‘I dream of owning Kenshin, but I don’t, so Saitou-please-don’t-kill-me!’

 

Chapter 12:

            Kaoru sighed as she picked up the emergency bucket of water she kept by anything she cooked, (a precaution she had gotten used to doing when ever she cooked) and attempted to dose the fire.

            Hannya stood not too far behind her shaking his head as a sweat drop slid down the side of it. ‘This girl is definitely a strange one…’ he thought, ‘well time I finish business…’

            Hannya strode silently over and caught Kaoru’s arm just as she was about to throw the water on the rapidly growing fire, causing the bucket water to fly into the air and to land haphazardly all over herself…

            “What-“ was all she managed to get out before a hand clamed over her mouth.

            ; Water dripped from her hair and clothes, she tried to struggle sending the water drops everywhere, but the attempt was futile…  

            ; Then with out a word he started to drag her out of the kitchen into the yard, as the room began to burn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You see, Kenshin I-“ Megumi stopped when Kenshin held his hand up for silence.

“Something’s wrong.” He announced before picking up his sakabatou he opened the dinning room doors just in time to see a very large chubby man storm right through the dojo wall.

“Hand over Megumi!” he called out looking directly at Kenshin and Sano. “If you do it maybe I’ll let cha’ll go.”

“Yahiko, protect Megumi. Sano.” He looked toward his friend and then at the intruder.

Sano grinned as he nodded, “Got ya Kenshin!”

“Who are? And what do you want from this girl?” Kenshin called up to the new comer.

“I’m just here for the run away, I’ve come to take her home… and I Hyottoko of the Oniwaban-shu will do whatever it takes to do so.”

Kenshin drew his sword, “then you will have to fight us to do so.”

Sano nodded eagerly as he pounded one fist into the other, “hee, I haven’t had any good action in awhile…”

            Tensions were high as the three faced off each sizing the other up, when a crackling sound caused all three to look towards the kitchen only to see a very large fire raging on it. ‘Kaoru!’ Kenshin’s eyes widened briefly as his thoughts turned for the worst…

           ;  Sano’s own eyes were wide in disbelief, ‘Jou-chan was in there…’

            Hyottoko seeing his opponents distraction used it to his advantage and clamped his teeth together causing more fire to sore from his mouth straight towards the distracted Sano and Kenshin!