Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hi guys! Trying to figure out what to do with Kaoru was the hardest part of this chap -_-;; cuz I know how I want it to turn out it’s just how to have it happened, I have received many do and don’t suggestions from you wonderful people as well as my own brain storms combined with (the friend I keep mentioning) I hope this works out well, It was hard!

 

Disclaimer: you know the drill… (grumbles not feeling creative enough today ^_^;;;)

 

Chapter 14:

            Kaoru gave a small smile when Hyottoko’s fire died ‘now Kenshin can win’ However, now she had to put her plan into action, there was no way she was ever going to let Kenshin and the others know she had been caught absolutely no way!

            Hannya turned his attention from the battle to Kaoru when he felt something wet hit his had, she was crying…

         &nbs p;  “We’re not going to hurt you so calm down.”  However his words seemed to have just the opposite affect as the tears came down harder… Hannya seat dropped ‘this was the girl the Batousai liked?’

            At that moment Kaoru flipped a stick from the ground with her foot catching it in her hand, her hits and kicks may have been futile, but give her a bokken and it’s a different story. The moment it flew into her hand she hit him hard in the gut, his hold immediately loosened as she fled. She had to get back and help…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      & nbsp;     Sano stared at knife open mouthed, ‘Jou-chan!’ he started to look even more frantically, but he wasn’t coming up with anything, and the worst part of the whole thing was he was running out of air…

            He gave the room one more once over before starting out for the exit he needed air, now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      &nbs p;     Kenshin’s expression remained neutral when the fire gave way; his eyes were hard as he got ready to attack.

            Hyottoko quickly glanced around, he needed an oil refill, other wise he’d be without a weapon… However when he turned back to see where Kenshin was, he had vanished… ‘we’re he…’

            “Hiten Misurugi ryu Ru Tsui Sen!” (that’s the over head attack right?) Then Kenshin landed in front of him on one knee. Everyone watched intently as Hyottoko feel to the ground unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     &n bsp;      Beshimi, looked down from his hiding place in the tree tops, Hyottoko had failed and has been defeated! ‘This is all their fault! All their fault, all her fault!’ he took one of his rasen-bo out and then got ready to shoot it only to let out a soft growl of annoyance the boy was in the way…

            At that moment Sano stumbled out of the burning building covered in burns. Immediately Kenshin, Yahiko and Megumi raced over to him.  

            ; ‘That’s all the opening I need…’ with that he threw the Rasen-bo. Aiming it right for Megumi…