Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 22

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: I’m soooo sorry guys! First off my dad reformatted his computer so I had to wait forever to get the internet back (we network to get online.) and then I got sick… but I’ll give you guys a longer chapter tomorrow to make up for it gomen ne! oh if you get a chance check out the new fic I started it’s a comedy called Tanuki madness ^_~ it’s going to be a lot of fun!  ^_^

 

Disclaimer: Kenshin is so mine! (Kenshin pops up with confused look on his face) oro?

Demo… I’m sorry to say but I don’t think you own me Koniko-dono…

(koniko snaps fingers) drat I’ll just have to try to find some way to make him change his mind… <grumbles> then I can steal him…

 

Chapter 22:

            There was a loud Bang as Dr. Genza’s doors were thrown open. The wind and rain immediately entered along with the red haired figure; the dark night was a stock contrast to his features. Lightning flashed in the back round and when the light left Kenshin was gone along with his burden, the only way Dr. Genza knew for certain he hadn’t left was the foot steps the resounded through out the halls…

           ;  Shaking his head Genza turned and started toward the recovery room the footsteps came from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        & nbsp;   Moments later Yahiko and Megumi burst into the room, they both were breathing hard as they scanned the room with their eyes to find it completely, empty?  Both occupants turned toward each other with a questioning look on their faces before shrugging and racing in to search for their quarry systematically room by room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

         &n bsp;  Misao trudged through the mud, she was completely drenched, her braid hung limply against her back and water dripped off of her bangs that had been plastered onto her fore head, on to her face. Today was definitely not her day… of course all the inns were full… and there just seemed to be absolutely no shelter about….

         &nbs p;  Sighing she trudged onward, hopefully she’d find someplace dry soon… ‘The last thing I need to do is get sick… Aoshi-sama, I hope you’re warm and safe, wherever you are… ’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         ;    Aoshi looked over the group he had sent over to the dojo. Blue fire danced in his eyes as he saw the beaten men, his men… ‘This can’t be happening, my men are the strongest!’ he thought darkly.

          &nbs p; Beshimi was laid out on a futon, the medical examiner had determined that he had a slight concussion, and four broken ribs… not to mention a broken nose…

             Hyottoko was in no better shape, he was also unconscious with a concussion, in the futon right next Beshimi. The only other injury Hyottoko had sustained, was a crack in his teeth, from the powerful impact of the Ryu tsui sen.

            And then there was Hannya. He had been better off than the other two in the long run, and had only two cracked ribs a sore back, a burse on his gut, and a large crack in his mask that was a quick expiation for his headache…

         &n bsp;  “What went wrong Hannya?” Aoshi asked flatly.

          &nbs p; Hannya looked up at his okashira warily, he was ready to get some rest, but first he’d have to answer his okashira’s questions… “Well, Okashira…” he then began to tell him the entire story leaving no detail out.

            Finally when he was satisfied Aoshi gave a nod of his head, and walked away. He needed to think about this. He could understand the Battosai getting in a few good hits, but the woman? He’d have to meet this girl who could do so much damage to the oniwaban-shu…

        &nbs p;   Hannya let out a relived sigh before curling up in his own futon and closing his eyes, that woman would pay dearly later…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        &nbs p;   Kaoru was still silently crying in the rain, weeping along with the sky in the mist of the destruction. It was gone… everything was gone… and nobody was left, but that was ok no sense in letting them see her cry… After all it was her fault right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misao was still walking in the rain when lightning ripped through the sky revealing a woman just standing in some rubble, her face turned toward the clouds. ‘She’s going to get sick if she stays out in the open…’ “Hey!” she called out as she started to jog closer to the figure.

          &nbs p; Kaoru immediately shifted to look at the one calling her… it certainly wasn’t Megumi, so who…

            Misao finally finished closing the distance between herself and the strange woman. “Come on.” She said as she took the other girls hand, “You’ll get sick if you stay out here, baka.”

            Kaoru just gave her a impassive look, she just wanted to stay here with her ancestral home for a few more minuets… However Misao had other plans and when she didn’t respond, Kaoru found herself being dragged away to look for shelter…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      &nb sp;     Dr. Genza arrived in the medical room just in time to see a lock of red hair disappearing out the window. Shaking his head he picked up a near by towel and began to dry the unconscious Sano off.

            Several minuets later, Dr. Genza had dried every area he could with out removing the wrappings around the ex street fighters waist, and had just started to unwrap them when Megumi and Yahiko burst into the room.

            “Sensei how is he?” Yahiko asked quickly as he cast a worried glace to is ‘older brother figure’.

         &nb sp;  Dr. Genza just smiled at the young boy, “I’m sure he’ll be fine once we get him dry and warm, then he should recover fully…”

            Yahiko just grinned back up as he lat the breath he had be holding escape from the confines of his lungs. Sano was going to be well soon.

            Megumi just eyed the baka roster, he’d be fine soon… just like the other doctor said…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~