Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 24

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hey guys! I’m so exited I’m making a kimono, with plum blossoms ^_~ remind you of any character? ^_^ I’m soooo exited! Oh I’ve got some bad news on updates…. L  I’m starting college this Monday so it’s probably going to slow updates wayyyyy down, sorry guys, but I’m not going to burry it, I wanna see where this is going too, so just to warn you. (I’m going to try longer chapys once a week if I can pull it off, (I’m taking 12 units) <grumbles> it was sapose to be 15 but baka chaffey closed my Aisan lit class L any way on with the story.

 

Disclaimer: I don’t own him ^_~

 

Chapter 24:

            Minuets seemed to take hours to pass by as the small group sat around Dr. Genza’s dinning table. All that could be done for Sano now was wait… he had been bandaged, and dried off, had his burns treated and was currently fast a sleep wrapped in a blanket only one room away.

            Yahiko looked down at the table with concerned eyes, where was Kenshin and Kaoru? He knew Kenshin had been Genza’s place earlier, because he had been carrying Sano, but Kaoru… She never showed up… where was she… ‘If anything happens to her I-‘ he shook the darker thoughts from his mind he tried to concentrate on anything but Sano, Kenshin and Kaoru, he knew they were all just fine, right?

            ; All the while, Megumi was lost her own thoughts, ‘It’s only a matter of time before I have to tell them everything… but I don’t want anyone to know the disgrace I have become to my family. But if I want their protection I have to come clean, Kenshin dose not strike me as a man to let a half truth or a lie go… no I’ll have to come completely clean, when the time comes. But I don’t want to tell them about any of it! Especially… No they’ll never hear about that! I won’t tell them that part of it… I’ll take that part of the shame to my grave!’ She chewed softly on her bottom lip as she let her thoughts run wild, her face was beginning to turn white, as her thoughts grew darker, a open book t the world broadcasting her feelings, for all those with eyes to.

            Dr. Genza, watched on with concerned interest as the young lady acrossed from him balled her hand into a fist so tight that her knuckles were starting to match her completion. It was obvious that something was troubling the girl… It could almost be labeled a tragedy because this girl obviously had a knack for medicine, and he was sure if she choose that field that she would make a very fine doctor someday. She had definitely proved herself by helping Sano. Without her knowledge of medicine he wouldn’t be breathing now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        &n bsp;   The two girls had huddled close to the other using their body to try and warm the other. The rain still wasn’t ready to let up and the temperature was rapidly starting to drop.  They needed to get warm soon…

            “So…” Misao squeaked between chattering teeth, “My names Misao, What’s yours?”  

            ; Kaoru turned her damp face toward the other girl, and locked eyes with her,  They were filled with sorrow and worry, a stock contrast to the small smile that graced her features. “Kaoru. Kamiya, Kaoru.” She whispered out.  Misao was glad to note that at least the cut on her cheek had scabbed over and the rain had washed the excess blood away… but she just couldn’t figure out what was bothering the older girl and it was driving her crazy…

           ;  “So… what happened?” She asked softly, if she couldn’t figure it out on her own, then the direct approach was a Misao special.  

            ; Kaoru just turned her face away in shame, no one’s cooking should be that bad… how could she tell her that she burnt her own home down in the middle of a surprise attack due to her lack of cooking skills? No she’d have to change the subject, and fast, after a long suspense filled pause that seemed like an eternity to Misao she softly breathed out, “It was nothing…”

        &n bsp;   Misao face-faulted the moment the answer left Kaoru’s lips. She was not going to let this go at all, ‘if that Kamiya girl knows what’s good for her she’ll give up now, because I never give up once I want to know something… never…’

        &nbs p;   “By the way, thank you…”

            Misao was yanked out of her determined thoughts with those simple words. “oh umm..” ‘come on Misao! Someone thanks you and you get all tongue tired beautiful, wish Aoshi-sama could see me now…’ she mentally berated her self as she continued to stumble over her words “Your, that is…”

            Kaoru just was staring at the other girl like she hand just grown a second head… ‘I didn’t expect her to react so badly…’

        &nbs p;   Finally completely annoyed at her self she took a deep breath before breathing out her response, “Your welcome.” She flashed a smile to Kaoru who returned a real smile of her own, maybe things would be ok after all…

          & nbsp; Just then a movement up in the trees caught her eye. Snapping her head toward the branches she was able to catch a glimpse of red hair before it disappeared further into the forest his movements hidden by the rain…

             “Kenshin!” she let a surprised gasp rise from her throat as she quickly clamored to her feet.

            “Who?” Misao asked as she sprang to her own feet. ‘This girl is just one puzzle after another..’

         & nbsp;  “Never mind! We’re got hurry if we want to catch up to him!” she told her quickly as she ran out into the rain trying to follow at least what she hope was the direction he took. “Kenshin…”

            Misao shook her head before trotting after the girl, she had nothing better to do right now anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin bit back the need to sneeze someone must be talking about him….

Shaking his head he finally came to a stop, there was a man in a yellow and tan trench coat waiting for something…he was just standing in the exact same clearing he had seen that man stand in before right before he kissed Kaoru for the first time… ‘Damn me!’ he thought angrily ‘I can’t concentrate on anything with out thinking of her…’ he was still trying to convince himself that the all too familiar ki he had felt on the way her was not her… ‘No, she wouldn’t come chasing after me into the forest, she would be the perfect little angel and go to Dr.Genza’s and have her cheek tended to…’ he then sweat dropped at his own thoughts, ‘who am I kidding… we are going to definitely have a long talk later!’ nodding in agreement with his thoughts, he let them be pushed to the back of his mind as he jumped down and landed perfectly in front of Aoshi…

“It took you long enough… Battousai.”  His ice blue eyes showed no emotion as he let his cold gaze lock onto Kenshin.

“Then I won’t keep you waiting any longer…” he replied as he moved into a Battou-jitsu stance, “come.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~