Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapt 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Same disclaimer

-chapter 2-

Jinko wandered the city streets alone. She knew it was illegal to carry a sword now, but officers don't usually patrol at this hour. So she had nothing to worry about. She knew she shouldn't just leave like that, but she needed to clear her head. The questions and the conversation kept coming back to her, especially the part about her snapping at Maya. Maya was like her mother, and she always felt guilty when she said something mean to her. Jinko eventually stopped at an apartment. She knocked softly, and then walked in.

-Another part of Tokyo-

Sano was staring at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep, again. He brushed his spiky brown hair out of his eyes and stared at the ceiling trying to remember why he couldn't sleep. I wasn't that he didn't want to sleep; it was that he kept having flashbacks about what happened during the revolution, especially Sigara's death. He was like an older brother to Sano, someone he always wanted to be like. He took Sigara's last name in order in remembrance of the dead captain. He remembered Sigara's little sister too. He always wondered what had happened to that girl…. Sano got even more restless. He got up and decided to go out for a short walk. After all it was a very pretty night.

-The part of Tokyo Sano's not in-

The apartment belonged to another survivor of the revolution. Not only was he a survivor but he was a member of the Red Ribbon army, the same army she and her brother were apart of. His name was Katsu and he used to be a painter, he changed professions and started a newspaper protesting against the new government. Jinko and he were good friends, probably because they both enjoyed playing pranks on each other and Sano.

Jinko stopped at the door she considered herself lucky that she found at least one survivor, but she always had wondered what had happened to Sano after the war. The two had been amazing friends literally inseparable. She felt tears in her eyes at the thought of her friend possibly being dead. She quickly brushed the feeling away, Sano was too stubborn to die. With that she knocked on the door.

- - - - -

Sano walked around the neighborhood before he started heading toward Katsu's place. "Hope he's not asleep." He said softly. He started walking toward his apartment. He walked slowly, thinking to himself about the past.

- - - - -

Katsu got the door. He was surprised to see Jinko in the doorway, she wasn't known for midnight visits. He quickly invited her inside when he saw her shivering.

"What do I owe this visit to?" Her black haired friend smiled teasingly at her.

"Lack of sleep and a fight with Maya" Jinko said as she dropped on to a seating mat.

"Fight about?" Katsu said as he offered her a blanket. Jinko took the blanket and wrapped it around herself before she answered.

"She asked about the sword, and everything around it."

"And, let me guess you snapped at her?" Katsu started making some tea. Even if it was a pretty night it was still cold. Jinko was still shivering; she was wearing her favorite summer kimono. She probably picked it because she had to clean it and left it on her chair. Jinko was silent. Katsu handed her the tea.

"Why are you wearing a summer kimono in the middle of October?" (I have no idea if it snows in October in Japan, let's say it doesn't)

"Huh? Oh I didn't even notice it was a summer kimono. I picked it in the dark."

"It would explain why you are so cold."

"It would wouldn't it." The two laughed. Neither of them heard the door open, or someone walk in.

"Katsu?" Sano was standing in the room. The room suddenly got very quiet. Sano's brown eyes focused on the girl sitting on the floor wrapped in a blanket. The two stared at each other for a second. Before they both shouted

"You're alive!"

- - - - -

Cliffy! Don't forget to R&R