Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I said this damn thing

So u can't sue

-Chapter 6-

"Is it my fault I couldn't see!" Jinko snapped back.

"But really Jinko you shouldn't be walking around at night in a summer kimono. What were you doing?" Megumi asked

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a walk."

`Liar.' Sano thought.

"A walk Jinko?"

"Yes a walk, now can you please tell Maya that I don't have to be bed ridden for a week!" Jinko said adding onto her irritation. Maya sometimes made Jinko recuperate for days, even when she had her full strength back.

"Well Jinko, unfortunately for you, you're going to have to be bed ridden for a while. Or at least until the fever breaks." Megumi said getting up. Jinko pouted. She hated feeling useless.

"Fine." With that Maya got up, paid Megumi and started heading toward her home. After he was sure they left he approached Megumi.

"Can I help you Sano?" She asked.

"Ummm.. yeah I need to find a gift for a friend of mine…" Sano had no idea how to ask the question. How do you ask someone that you looking for a gift for you're a girl..

"And you want me to lend you money." Megumi guessed. "If that's the case no."

"Actually, it's a girl and I have no idea what to get her." Sano started turning pink. Right before he got his emotions under control.

"A girlfriend?" Megumi asked.

"No, a girl whose a friend you I haven't seen in ten years."

"Well why don't you get her jewelry?"

"I don't think she's really into that stuff."

"Ummm… tell me about her." Megumi said but in her head `I'll bet she's a girlfriend and Sano just doesn't want us to know about her. Let's see if I can make him talk.'

- - - - -

Jinko was sitting in her bed planning her next move. She had sworn that the officer who killed her brother would die at her hands. Except she didn't know who he was or where he was, all she knew was that he was a high imperialist officer.

`Being sick might have its upside. I get to plan my next move.'

- - - - -

R&R