Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Singing water: I'm not saying it!

Agent Smiths: you again! Say the damn thing so we can get back to our own fics

Singing water: MAKE ME!!!!!!!

Smiths: (points gun at authoress)

Singing water: (hiding behind desk) Ummm…. Isn't that a wee bit harsh?

Smiths: You didn't say it last time when we threatened the computer

Singing water: Ummm.. Enjoy the fic… and I'm off! (runs)

-Chapter 7-

"Time to pull out the books." Jinko got up and headed to her bookshelf. She started looking for a map of Kyoto, she knew a feeling that many of the generals and officers from the war lived there. Maya walked into her room with a bowl of hot soup.

"Jinko didn't I tell you to stay in bed?"

"Yes."

"So why aren't you?"

"I got bored and decided to read a book." Jinko quickly grabbed four books about the war and what happened to the veterans off the shelf. `Another lie. Telling her the truth about everything is going to be difficult.'

"A sudden interest in history?" Maya asked as she spied one of the titles of the books.

"Yeah. Kinda want to know what happened to everyone." Jinko responded. `Half-truth, she won't kill me for a half truth right?' She wondered.

"Well eat your soup and I'll see if there's anything else on those years down stairs." She left the room after she saw Jinko take a sip of the soup (can you can call it a sip?)

`She's a very strange girl.' Maya thought as she walked down the hall.

- - - - -

"Well…" Sano said stumbling over his words. "What she looks like or her personality?"

"Both. So I can get an idea." Megumi answered. Sano suddenly noticed the look in Megumi's eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"Sure whatever. Just tell me about her." Megumi said `Liar, Liar, pants on fire.' She chanted in her head.

- - - - -

Jinko scanned the pages of the index quickly she was looking for Sagara Soujo (don't know if real name read it on a site somewhere). She was pretty sure that the book would have some information or at least the name of who killed him.

"Here we are." She said softly tracing his name. "Pages 96-97 and 103." She quickly flipped to the page.

"Soon." She said softly. "Soon everything will be made right, and I can finally leave this place."

- - - - -

Maya stood on the other side of the door. She had heard what Jinko said. She didn't know what it meant but, it scared her. She quickly turned around and headed to another room.

- - - - -

R&R