Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Saitoh vs. Kenshin: The Final Bout ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saitoh vs. Kenshin: the Final Dance part one

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" Yahiko's strikes were flawless.

Kenshin knew Yahiko was improving. "Good Yahiko."

Yahiko looked up from his shinai. "Really, Kenshin?"

"Yes, you are improving greatly, that you are." Kenshin complimented him under the morning sun. "Your speed and accuracy are worthy of Hiten Mitsurugi."

"Wow! Thanks Kenshin!" Yahiko began to practice again with new determination in his eyes.

"Huhh?" Kaoru walked through the dojo door yawning. "Yahiko? Kenshin? What are you doing up this early?"

"I'm trying to get stronger and the only way to do that is practice more." Yahiko scratched his head. "Ugly people like you should know that."

"You better watch it. I don't know how much longer Tsubame will be your girl friend if you act like that all the time."

"She's not my girlfriend!" Yahiko shouted back. He began to practice even harder.

The whole time Kenshin just sighed. This happened every day. Kenshin felt a little itch at the back of his mind. He turned around just in time.

FLIT

Kenshin caught a steel star in between his middle and fore finger. Attached to it was a note.

Batosai,

Meet me in the Black Forest where we will have our final bout. If you do not arrive in two hours, your friends will pay the price.

Last Wolf of Mibu

Ps. Use the fly as an excuse.

A fly flew by Kenshin's head. He caught it.

"What's the matter Kenshin?" Kaoru asked. She walked toward him.

"It was only a fly, that it was." Kenshin said holding out his catch.

"Oh. OK." Kaoru looked a little worried.

"I will be going away for a few hours if that is alright with you Miss Kaoru." Kenshin adjusted his sleeves to hide the note.

This comment seemed to worry Kaoru even more. "I guess Kenshin, but be back as soon as you can."

Kenshin left the dojo and headed toward the forest.

'Will I survive?' he thought. 'Last time Saitoh was just testing me. This time it's real.' Kenshin was lost in deep thought. 'He will undoubtedly use the Gatotsu, but there are only five variations. I have the advantage. I'm sure I do.'

-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

By the time Kenshin reached the forest it was nearing noon. He walked about a mile within and reached a large tree. He sat and waited.

After five minutes a tall form came through the underbrush.

"A duel just like in Edo. Swords only." captain Saitoh Hajime stepped into Kenshin's vision.

"You lie Saitoh. You will have to use more than your sword to beat me. You know it." Kenshin's eyes glowed amber. The Batosai flared deep inside him.

"Your, no killing, ideals won't work. You must kill me to win." Saitoh smirked.

"Let's just get this over with, Saitoh." Kenshin took a Batojutsu stance, his hand hovering over the handle to his reverse blade.

"Of course." Saitoh assumed the Gatotsu stance, his hand firmly gripping the hilt, his right hand balancing on the blade.

A bird whistled in the trees.

Both men lunged forward.