Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Samurai Sushi ❯ Vol 2: Chap 9: Night Walk ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Summary: Kenshin and Kaoru take a long walk through the night. (With Amethyst spying on them!)

Night Walk
    Kaoru sat outside the dojo and looked at the starry ban sky. She couldn’t sleep and didn’t know why. Maybe she was lonely or maybe it was heartache. The sensei didn’t know. She just couldn’t sleep tonight.

    Then, Kaoru heard footsteps. She turned quickly. The girl had her wooden sword in hand. Someone was with her. Kaoru’s heart raced. Who could it be?
    “All right!” she yelled at last. “Show yourself! I know you’re here!” Then the footsteps grew closer. Kaoru was soon in for a huge shock.
    Kenshin stepped out of shadow. Kaoru’s eyes grew big. “Ken-shin?” she asked. The rurouni said nothing. He just walked closer. Kaoru began to relax. But she had a burning question. “Kenshin.” Kaoru addressed him. He looked up at her. “What are you doing up?” she asked. Kenshin smiled. “I couldn’t sleep Kaoru-dono.” he answered. Kaoru smiled back. “Neither could I.” she said.
    Both stood idle for a moment. “Kaoru-dono.” Kenshin called to her. The sensei eyed him. “Hm?” she asked. “You want to walk with me?” Kenshin asked. Kaoru blushed at the mere question. “Uh…. Uh…. Sure!” she blurted out. Kenshin grew bright aka.
    The duo walked along the dirt path road. All was silent and clear. The stars were lovely tonight. But Kaoru wasn’t seeing stars. She was seeing hearts. The girl had fallen for Kenshin since the day they met. She had wanted to tell him how she felt so badly. But, one problem remained. Kaoru was really shy and couldn’t say how she felt. Kaoru had the words in her head. But they wouldn’t come out. It had always been that way. But not tonight. She felt confident to speak her mind. She was going to tell Kenshin how she felt. Starting now.
    “Kenshin.” Kaoru spoke up. “Hai?” the rurouni asked. “I have to tell you something.” she confessed. Kenshin paused. “Well go ahead. I’m listening Kaoru-dono.” he said. Kaoru drew in a deep breath. “Kenshin…” she began. Here it was. The moment of truth. “Keep going!” Kaoru thought. “You almost have him!
    Then, there was something in the bushes nearby. The couple turned to them. Low and behold, Amethyst fell out onto to the path. “Damnit!” she mumbled. Kenshin walked closer to her. “Amethyst?” he asked. “Oro?” the Icelandic girl asked as she looked up and saw the lovely red-haired rurouni staring down at her with concern. “Shit!” she mumbled. Amethyst realized she came at a bad time.
    “What are you doing out here?” Kenshin asked Amethyst. “Uh….” she began. “I got lost!” Kenshin looked lost. The Icelandic looked over his shoulder. Kaoru stood there red-faced. That right there was her cue to leave. “Uh….bai!” Amethyst blurted out. Then she quickly staked away.
    Kenshin turned back to Kaoru. “You wanted to tell me something?” he asked her. “Never mind.” she said weakly. Then the sensei walked back to the dojo. Kenshin just watched her leave.
Close, But No Cigar
Next Chapter