Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Samurai Sushi ❯ Vol 3: Chap 19: Rivalry Fire ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Rivalry Fire
Amethyst has a little problem. Her name was Ugaki Hitomo. She transferred from Kyoto this morning. Already, there are problems.
Let’s back up to day one.
Amethyst entered the classroom to find it in a buzz. Curious, she walked over to the class rep.
“What’s going on today?” she whispered. He glanced over at her curious.
“Didn’t you hear?” he asked.
“Hear what?” Amethyst asked back. The class rep came within inches of her face.
“We’re getting a new transfer student today!” he exclaimed.
“Okay,” Amethyst said slowly.
“It’s a new transfer student!” the class rep exclaimed.
“I heard you,” she said. The whispering around her buzzed. Suddenly, the door slid open. The whole room went silent as the teacher walked inside.
“Everyone, take your seats,” she said. The students sat at their desks. The teacher approached her own and smiled.
“Stand, bow, sit!” the class rep. ordered. The students complied and sat back down.
“Good morning, class,” the teacher said.
“As you heard,” the teacher addressed them, “We have a new student in our class today.” She turned to the open doorway. “Come inside, place,” she said. The students watched intently. Black kitten heels clicked across the hard floor. The boys cheered when a lovely face entered the room. Amethyst didn’t look fazed.
Big deal, she thought. The teacher glanced at the new girl.
“Please introduce yourself,” she said.
“It’s nice to meet everyone,” the new girl said, “My name is Ugaki Hitomo.” She bowed with grace. The boys all went crazy. Amethyst rolled her eyes.
Whatever, she thought, She isn’t that great anyway.
“Please take a seat beside out foreign exchange student there,” the teacher said, referring to Amethyst.
“Yes ma’am,” Hitomo said with a polite bow. She took her seat next to Amethyst. Initially, the Icelandic girl planned to ignore her. Sadly, that scheme didn’t pan out before the day was over.
By afternoon, Amethyst prepared to leave for home. She was about to head out the door when someone called out to her.
“Amethyst!” a girl called out to her. The Icelandic girl looked up to see Hitomo racing towards her. She looked at her with an eyebrow raised.
“Yeah?” Amethyst asked. The new girl caught up to her. She gave her a graceful smile at first.
“Are you a foreigner?” Hitomo asked. The Icelandic girl blinked at her.
“Yes,” she said.
“From where?” the Japanese girl asked.
“Why?” Amethyst questioned her.
“Just answer the question,” Hitomo said. The other girl breathed out in a sigh.
“Iceland,” she said. The Japanese girl smiled and shook her head.
“Such a shame, really,” she said aloud. Amethyst gave her a puzzled look.
“And why is that?” she asked. The new girl smiled and shook her head to keep from cracking up.
“Oh,” she answered, “It’s just sad that poor foreigners have to ruin the beauty of this country.” Amethyst looked sightly annoyed now.
“Ex-Excuse me?” she asked. Hitomo smiled and panted her on the shoulder.
“Aw, you really are that stupid,” she said. Amethyst’s blood burned as the snob walked away. Day one of their rivalry exploded into a private war.
Owari