Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ So alike, yet so different ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin or its characters. Nobuhiro Watsuki and others own them. I'm only writing this for entertainment purposes, thus I'm not making any profit out of this fan fiction.
 
Author's Notes: I hope you enjoy this story because I really tried. I'm sorry if I took someone's idea for a fan fiction. So anyhow, this is a story involving `Soujiro'.
 
*******************************
So alike, yet so different
By Ohagi-chan
*******************************
Chapter: 1
 
 
*Kyoto*- 3:00 am
 
“Oh no. I must have landed back in the same place again. Oh well.” exclaimed a grinning boy of 18.
 
“I wandered for 2 months only, and came to the conclusion that I Seta Soujiro must go to Tokyo!” he said proudly, grinning even more. “I can visit all my `friends' there at `that' Kamiya Kasshin Dojo! Speaking of going to Tokyo, how do you get there?” he pulls out a map of Japan half the size of him.
 
“Hhhmmm.” he wondered. `Maybe I should stay and rest somewhere first?'
 
`Hey, just my luck a couple of beautiful ladies to ask for directions to the nearest place to stay.' Soujiro smiled at his luck.
 
“Excuse me you two beautiful ladies?” he smiled as he talked.
 
`He's so dreamy' the one called Okon thought.
 
`I wonder if he's single?' the other one called Omasu also thought.
 
“Do you know where the nearest Inn is?” he said charmingly.
 
They both snapped back to reality in a millisecond. “Wait a second!” they both shouted in unison, “there's an Inn called the Aoiya right behind you!” they pointed right behind him.
 
`They're insane.' he thought. He smiled, “Thank you for your help ladies.” he bowed and headed towards the Aoiya.
 
They both sighed. Then immediately ran towards the Aoiya, realizing they worked there.
 
******************************
 
*Meanwhile at a shrine somewhere in Kyoto* - 8:00 am
 
“Aoshi- sama, can we please visit Himura and his friends in Tokyo?” she said stressing the word `please'.
 
The tall kneeling figure turned to look at the `little' ninja (weasel) girl. He met her gaze with an emotionless cold reply, “We shouldn't bother them.”
 
He then turned his face back towards the shrine.
 
“Well.” she tried not to lose the `conversation', (more like an argument). “Aoshi- sama, I think we should head back to Aoiya now.” she replied with more concern. `All I ever want to do is make Aoshi-sama love me.' sigh, seems that's practically impossible. She pouted.
 
Aoshi could sense her feeling very depressed. He said in a monotone voice, “Alright, we may go back.” He slowly got up.
 
“Will you at least think about going to visit Himura and his pals?” Misao added a whimper.
 
“Hai.” he responded still keeping the monotone voice.
 
*******************************
*They finally went back to the Aoiya (In Kyoto)* - 8:45 am
 
Aoshi and Misao finally reached the Aoiya.
 
The two saw everyone crowding the new guy. But there were too many people surrounding the new guy, so Aoshi couldn't tell if he was a foe or an acquaintance.
Aoshi finally excused everyone except Misao, himself, and the new guy.
 
`Wait a second! That's that guy Seta. The smiling freak that wouldn't stop smiling once, at least that's what I recall.' Aoshi still kept his guard up.
 
“Hello Shinamori-san. Pleasure meeting you here.” smiling still.
 
“Hai.” still keeping as emotionless as possible. `Why, why did you have to come back to Kyoto, you, you smiling freak.'
 
“Aoshi-sama, you know this guy?” Misao made a face, “He looks harmless? Hey smiling guy, where ya traveling to?” she turned to face the guy.
 
“Hai.” was all he said. `Looks may be deceiving Misao' he thought.
 
“How rude of me, I'm Seta Soujiro, but you can call me Soujiro. And I'm traveling to Tokyo to visit Himura-san.” he smiled charmingly as possible towards her.
 
`Don't think I can't see that lover boy.' he thought while glaring at him, but trying not to let others notice.
 
“You're visiting HIMURA?” she yelled. “We're thinking of visiting him to. We can all take a train ride to Tokyo!” she squealed in delight.
 
`Please Misao, no not with him.' he begged in his mind.
 
“Well thank you for your offer, so I except.” still grinning. “Well I'm packed already, maybe you two should pack?”
 
********************************
*Train Station/ Kyoto* 10:00 am
 
“I can't wait until I see Kaoru again!” Misao practically shouted to all of Japan.
 
`Man she is so annoying.' “Shall we go now?” Soujiro asked politely.
 
“Hai.” Aoshi whispered.
 
********************************
* Kamiya Kasshin Dojo/ Tokyo* - 12:40 am
 
“Yahiko keep practicing your swings, while I take a break.” Kaoru immediately sat down. “Kenshin you watch him for a little while.” `Why I am I so tired? Who cares?'
 
“Lazy butt!” Yahiko sneered at Kaoru.
 
“What did you call me?” Kaoru shouted.
 
Knock knock.
 
“Wait a second, we'll be right there!” she hollered.
 
The three of them walked to the gate, and then opened it.
 
Something jumped on Kaoru and practically choked her.
 
Kenshin put his hand on the hilt of his sakabatou.
 
“Hi Kaaaaooooruuu!” Kenshin remembered that familiar voice.
 
“Sorry to come uninvited.” a monotone voice said.
“Misao is that Aoshi with you?” Kaoru asked happily.
 
“Hai Kaoru. It's so nice to see you.” she hugged Kaoru, Kaoru hugging her back.
 
“Nice to see you Himura-san.” another voice said.
 
Kenshin saw the smiling Soujiro.
 
Kaoru and Yahiko both shouted in unison, “That's that smiling guy!” they rushed a few steps backwards.
 
Kenshin narrowed his eyes, “Soujiro, what are you doing here in Tokyo?” all ready to pull out his sword.
 
Soujiro could sense his uneasiness. “I have no need to fight you Himura-san. I just came to visit.” Soujiro replied honestly.
 
Kaoru immediately ushered them in.
 
Kenshin and Soujiro just stood there while the others went inside.
 
“Soujiro, how have you been?” Kenshin said barely audible while gazing at the boy for an answer.
 
Soujiro hesitated before he answered, “I've been better.” Soujiro smiled using his mask, not like it was going to work on Kenshin. “Did you think maybe we can-” he hesitated than tried to forget about it. “Never mind.” `Why am I so nervous around him? I've never felt this way before. Arrghh he said mentally.'
 
Kenshin could feel his confusion. “What ever it is I'd be glad to do it.” he smiled his rurouni smile.
 
`He trusts me?' “Thanks. Shall we go see the others?”
 
“Hai.” Kenshin replied.
 
 
*********************************
 
 
Author's Notes: Hi fan fiction followers! Thanks for reading my fan fiction story so far. I'm sorry if I made some characters a bit OOC. That means out-of-character. I was planning to make this a one shot fan fiction but nah that would be way to long and tiring for me to do. Okay! Onward to the next chapter!
 
AN2: If you didn't know Ohagi is a food Megumi makes in the RK series. -Ohagi-chan