Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Soon As Forever is Through ❯ 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimer applies.

"Has she come out of her room yet?"Kenshin asked Sanosuke,it had been four hours since Okina's cremation and after the ceremony Misao had locked herself in her room.

"Nope.It's time for dinner and she hasn't eaten anything yet."Sano replied.

"I'm getting worried,should I go inside her room?"Kaorou asked Tokio worriedly.

Tokio fanned herself delicately before replying.

"Aoshi,could you go check up on Misao.She hasn't eaten anything yet,we're just worried."

"Hai,Tokio-san."

Aoshi quietly walked down Aoiya's halls before coming to a halt in front of Misao's door. He knocked softly. He put his ear to the door and he couldn't hear any sound coming from within,he decided to enter. Unexpectely,his foot got caught in a tangle of cloth and stopped himself at the last minute or else he would have fallen on Misao's sleeping form.

She must have been really tired,Misao you were very brave all throughout this ordeal, you never shed a tear during your Grandfather's cremation. Aoshi thought as he brushed a stray strand of hair on Misao's face. She has really grown up so much in the two years she stayed in her own house in Tokyo.

Misao mumbled something in her sleep and shifted in a new sleeping position. Her yukata gaped slightly,offering Aoshi a view of Misao's cleavage. Aoshi stiffened,this was the first time he ever saw a woman's chest and he didn't know what to do,considering that this woman is his fiancee. Hastily,he drew the blanket over Misao and left the room.

When he returned to the room where the others are waiting for Misao,he told them that Misao had been tired from what she had been going through and that the others should allow her to sleep.

After dinner,Tokio,Kaorou and Megumi decided to go out and walk,leaving the men to clear up the dining table.

"So what can you say about my scheme a while ago?"Tokio asked Megumi.

"What scheme?" Megumi asked back.

"Well,I know that Misao was already asleep since she was really tired especially the last night of Okina's wake. So I told Aoshi to go check up on her." Tokio explained.

"Great idea Tokio-san!I feel great after that meal!"Kaorou said,rubbing her swollen belly. Suddenly she stopped.

"Kaorou,are you alright?You're not yet due until a couple of months later."Megumi asked her.

Kaorou smiled.

"Iie,I'm perfectly fine.It's just that my baby moved again."

"Ladies,you know I really admire Misao.All throughout this ordeal,she never shed a tear ,even while Okina was being cremated."Tokio said,staring at the starlit nightsky.

"Hai.Besides,she has the support of Aoshi,so there's no need to worry."Megumi said,nodding in agreement.

"I think we should go back,they might be worrying about us."Tokio said.

********************************************************

Misao woke up to find the moon shining bright on her window.

"Damn,I'm starved ."she muttered as she got up.

"There's still some food in the kitchen.The battousai thought you might wake up and be hungry." Aoshi's smooth voice floated toward her.

"Nani?! What are you doing here?!"Misao asked him,stupified.

"Just watching you sleep." Aoshi replied,averting his eyes.

Misao realized that her yukata was gaping and quickly closed it .

"Aoshi-sama,would you like to join me for dinner?"she asked with a shy smile.

"I would be honored."

Before long,both of them knelt on the dining table. Misao prepared Aoshi's favorite green tea before sitting down to eat her late night dinner. Misao noticed that Aoshi was staring at her.

"Ano,Aoshi-sama,why are you staring at me?" she asked.

"I want to carry this memory while I'm in Tokyo. Remember Saito and the others will be leaving tomorrow morning. And I will be going with them. You on the other hand,will be staying here together with Tokio-san. I want to carry this memory of you in my heart,so that if I will miss you,I'd just remember how you look tonight. Utsukoshii* Misao." Aoshi said,holding Misao's right hand.

"Nani?"Misao asked him with a puzzled look on her face.

"I want you to have this."Aoshi said,slipping a ring in Misao's ring finger.

"Aoshi-sama,you don't have to give this to me." Misao said,looking at the ring.

It was an exquisite one,with a large diamond,surrounded by small pieces of turquoise. It was definitely breathtaking.

"Makimachi Misao,love of my life. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Aoshi asked her,his eyes never leaving hers.

Misao's eyes brimmed with tears.

"Hai,Shinomori Aoshi.I would be more than honored to be your wife and spend eternity with you." Misao replied.

With that Aoshi stood up and gathered Misao in his arms. "Aishiteru Misao.Aishiteru."

"Aishiteru Aoshi."Misao said,hugging him back.