Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Stained Pages ❯ A Title ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys I'm back with a new story. And I hope you like it….It seems you guys like my stories and thank you. So here's a new story from me, Aniwolf. Love you and don't forget to review.
Disclaimer-….Kenshin…*waits* what I don't own him? Darn!
 
Author: Aniwolf
 
Pairings: Aoshi/Misao
 
Title: Stained Pages
 
Summary: “A few words can be the way to loose your freedom” was the words written at the being of the book…..Never did Misao know how much it was the truth.
 
Stained Pages
 
Chapter1 A Title
“Mom why are you crying?” A young girl questioned her bright emerald eyes sparkling with sadness.
“Oh, honey,” the older women replied breaking down and letting sobs rack he slender frame, “I'm sorry….
 
“Misao! Misao! If you don't wake up teacher will….,” Was all I heard my friend Kaoru tell me through the haziness sleep before a deafening crack of a ruler falling upon my desk. I immediately jerked up. The leering gaze of my teacher wasn't such a pretty picture to wake up to but I had the immediate displeasure to see it. A few snickers came from the back of the class.
“Why Misao I never that you knew everything in my class that you needed no reason to only attention,” the teacher said puffing out like a disgruntled bird, no wonder she got her nickname Ms.Peck.
“Gomen, Ms.Peck I mean Ms.Pertucci,” I stumbled over my words never liking to be the object torment. I could feel a red hot blush heat my cheeks, the teacher gave me a hearty glare. Before returning to some topic she was currently obsessed with. Man, couldn't I wait till this class was over. Almost most on the dot the bell rang and all the kids ran out but I strayed back to allow the rest of the students dwindle down in the hall way till it was only me and my friend Kaoru left in the western wing of the school..
“Geez, Misao what were you dreaming about? You were murmuring something and groaning,” Kaoru pressed all while we walked down the halls of LayeBattousai High….weird name I know but no one had ever bothered to question about its origins or even entertain the thought to change it. Personally I loved it; they way it rolled off the tongue made me want to jump out of my skin.
“It's nothing Kaoru really,” I told her pleading with my eyes to drop the subject obviously she didn't get it. Never would have the heart to tell my friend to shut up. Well if I told her I think she and the rest of the school would faint of shock. It made me want to scream. Not only was I the shyest girl but it turns out I'm the richest.
We reached the were the hall that curved to the left or the right I waved good bye to Kaoru turned and raced right leaving her staring at my back at my abrupt dismissal. I stopped were I caught my breath and made another right along the hallway. Then stopped I felt my heart pound in my ears here was my place, my sanctuary….the way from all the worlds troubles. The West Wing under used library.
Pulling open the door I closed my eyes at the wind that licked past my face sending my usual long braid whipping back and forth. Home is what I had called it… an away from my problems. Of course I was not running away from my problems just merely putting them off for a time being.
 
High window with colorful stain glass sent vibrant colors dancing across the floor and across the rows and rows of books that managed to hold my attention. Something that was rare Kaoru had told me. I smiled at the remembrance I would definitely apologize to her later. I looked up from my thoughts at the sound off a throat clearing, my eyes met with old gray ones that shined with intelligence. It was only the librarian I calmed to my self. Bowing to the librarian I immediately let my feet guide me to the musty bookshelves. I smiled when I reached the letter of the book I currently fascinated with and coughed when dust scattered when I removed it. Sitting down in my usual seat I cracked open the book. The usual musty smell assaulted my nose and soon I was wrapped around sleeps finger.
 
Gently jarring was the first to make my slip from my beautiful dream… then it was the soft calling of my name that fully woke me. Once again in my life I had been caught sleeping in school. Blinking my sleep laden eyes open it took me a little while to registered I was in the library and not sitting in one of the droning classes I was used too. The librarian was whispering something to me although I only caught a little bit I knew actually what she had said. Damn it was already seven?
Stuffing all my books into my school bag I bowed quickly too the kind old librarian who gave me a knowing smile. I gave her a puzzled look in response but quickly shook it off when I heard the father clock vibrate seven chimes through the school. I was totally screwed. Sprinting out of the school I raced home.
I winced as the door creaked slightly. So far I had made it over the gate and past the servants. Now only too….I frozen when I heard her whip like voice. If ever in my life had I feared someone it would be her. The vile woman who dug claws in my back and reopened painful wounds, the woman who I called flesh in blood with such hatred and disgust. My own grandmother.
“I told you to be home at five o clock. Out of all so little I ask of you. You disobey the one rule,” she lashed out although never touching me. Liar my mind hissed as I watched her descend regally down the stairs.
“I said to be home at five didn't I? Didn't I?!” she spoke anger rising with very word. I fell to my knees lowering my head to the ground. Like a slave bowing to his master.
“Yes,” I answered brokenly. All I am is a puppet to manipulate aren't I grandma? My mind taunted.
“Then why,” she questioned so sickenly sweet that it made me want to throw up, “do you disobey me?” she punctuated her sentence by grabbing my face within her calloused fingers. So many times she had told me to get out of her sight because I looked like my mother.
“It will not happen again grandmother,” I barely managed to gasp out without letting any of the tears that threatened fall roll down my cheeks. She stared into my eyes, a glassy look glistening over her eyes.
“You were just like that tramp of your mother. Never listening and always was filling my sons head with ideas. Then look what happened she had a tryst and had you. Then got my son killed. He died because of you always remember that you little monster only I accept you because of my sons wishes to have a heir to his company. No one loves you,” she told me jerking back my face so I collapsed to the ground. She stood watching over me for a few minutes then seemed to be disgusted by me and left. I never moved until I heard the steady click of her shoes die away. Like the broken doll I did not remove from my spot on my grandmother's mansion floor. I don't not know much time passed while I was on the floor for my thoughts had scattered like leaves in the wind but what I did know is that I walked to my own room and laid down on my bed and placed the last book my mom had ever given me under my pillow and let it whisper secrets to me till I cried myself to sleep.
 
Such is my life as Misao Lateria Shinta Makimachi a child of tryst. And never would my grandmother let me forget it.
And this is my story written on stained pages of the past.
 
End chapter one. Whoot Whoot that was fun… okay you know what to do. Review please.
-Aniwolf