Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Strength ❯ Strength ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: (shakes head) Nope! Ruroken isn't mine!
 
Strength
Muscle, force... so you don't have to watch the betrayal of those you respect...
Skill with the sword... getting bigger and learning his technique to make him proud...
To take the title... the title that should have been ours...
To hunt him down... find the one who left me and never ever give up on him...
To keep your beliefs and never deny what you are...
To take over this country, and show them what happens when you play with fire...
My skills, my techniques, my understanding of life...
The ability to treat his pain, and not let it kill me a little every time I realize that his kindness is killing him...
To be what my father was... to be a legend...
Being able to take on his burden... to share it without complaint...
To die for him...
Strength? He sits for a moment and ponders, his red hair catching the sunlight... The shadows hiding his eyes... are they amber or amethyst?
This is strength... The only true strength there is...
And he says it in a word...
Love.
 
Author's Note: I'm not quite sure what it is. I think it wants to be a poem. (shrugs) I think I like it though...