Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Way of the Sword ❯ Kenshin, The Silent Blade of Justice ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alex Hyacinthe
English 281
2/5/01
Gabriel Gudding

Kenshin, The Silent Blade of Justice
A Prolougue

Kenshin, the master assassin, slid silently to the damp ground. He stood for a moment, glancing around, making sure his trail was secure, then he darted off further into the shadows. During his escape from the mansion, Kenshin had not even had time to wipe the blood from his blade. Troops had materialized from the dark corners of the house like roaches. They were not particularly difficult to handle, but the sheer number of them had threatened to overwhelm him. Now that he was off the Lord's property he knew the chances of being apprehended had lessened somewhat, but he would have been a fool to let his guard down. It had to have been an ambush.
Although Kenshin was the most skilled warrior in the land, he was not much more than an errand boy. He was given assignments and he always saw them finished, one way or another. To some this may have seemed like an insult to the one deemed " The Silent Blade of Justice", but Kenshin was quite content with his lifestyle. The murmers and rumors were easily ignored.
As soon as the assignment had been given to him something did not feel right. By the soft, flickering glow of a candle he read the anonymous letter and prepared immediately for the job. Once he got there, however, a the shit really started to hit the fan, he knew he had been set up.
A soft rain began to fall as Kenshin darted through the alleys and side streets of Kyoto. Firing a grapple to the roof of one building, Kenshin climbed to complete the last leg of his journey. He would not be going home tonight, he was still in need of information.