Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking Of Him ❯ Thinking Of Him ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thinking Of Him
 
By: RedHairRurouniFan
 
Author's Notes: This is a songfic inspired by the song Think Of Me from the Phantom Of The Opera. I thought that Shura would still be thinking of Kenshin. Enjoy! P.S. This is in Shura's POV.
 
Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin does not belong to me. It belongs to Nobuhiro Watsuki, Sony, and all those other people that own it. No matter how much one wishes, they cannot have everything!
 
It's been 10 years. Since I've met Himura Kenshin, I mean. He opened my eyes to something new. Love. I still remember him as though it were yesterday. His long red hair, those violet eyes, the warmth of his arms, his fiery determination, and… his love for a woman not myself. Does he still remember me? Or, have I faded from his memory, like other insignificant things?
 
Think of me, think of me fondly,
When we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while,
Please promise me you'll try.
 
I'm probably wishing for impossibles. Why would a man like him remember me, when he's got that woman to love? I must wonder, though, if them two are married by now. If not, how I would love to see him again. See him again, and this time make him mine. He did mention wishing we'd met as friends, but… we didn't. I wish I could just tell him how I feel. What would he do? Jump for joy? Or frown in confusion? I'm sure he must not love me. No matter what, my heart belongs to him.
 
When you find
That once again
You long to take your heart
Back and be free
If you ever find a moment,
Spare a thought for me.
 
The two of us never spoke of love, but I fell in love with him, or rather, realized it, after trying to kill him, and failing to. I remember when he first got on the island, and I was trying to kill him. He just stood there… looking at me. I thought, does he think I'm weird? I was acutely aware of his scent, his soft red hair floating in the wind, and the aura he gave off. And, of course, the words he spoke. He was giving me his life, to do whatever I wanted, just because I spared that woman's life. I was curious. I felt myself staring. His eyes were closed, as if waiting for me to kill him. So, I picked up the sword, and aimed it at his neck. No matter how hard I pushed myself though, I just couldn't kill him. I felt smothered by the closeness between us. So, I finally gave up, and made up the excuse that I didn't feel like killing him today. That I would do it tomorrow. It was more to assure myself that I would than anything. Now, back to the present. The past makes me sad and weary. I wanted, no needed to kill him to preserve my dignity, but somehow, somewhere inside me, something was stopping me. Neither of us expected to see each other again, but I hoped. If he can still remember, I hope he just, even for a moment, thinks of me.
 
We never said our love was evergreen,
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember
Stop and think
Of me…
 
But, think of what we've had together, not of what we haven't. That's too painful to imagine. We were merely friends. Nothing more. It's not fair. We should have been together. Life is unfair.
 
Think of all the things
We've shared and seen-
Don't think about the way things
Might have been…
 
Please do remember me. I wake every morning, wishing to see you, but that's just a fantasy. I will never see you again, will I? That puts me in a bad mood. My crew always complains of my irritation, silence, and abruptness. You made me this way. Why can't I forget you? Oh, why, why, why?! It's not as if I haven't tried!
 
Think of me,
Think of me waking,
Silent and
Resigned.
 
Imagine me,
Trying too hard to
Put you
From my mind.
 
Think back to when we were together. Take a trip down memory lane, as they say. Although we can think of what we'll never do, we can also think of what we have done. We've had some good times too. You've saved my life, countless times. It felt kind of good to be a “damsel in distress” for a change. But, regardless, there'll never be a day when I'll not think of you.
 
Recall those days
Look back on all those times,
Think of all the things we'll never do-
There will never be a day,
When I won't think of you.
 
Can he truly remember me? Oh, I wish. It just seems to be so long ago, since we first met. We were both so young; we were both so young! Even if he doesn't remember me, I still remember him!
 
Can it be?
Can it be, Christine?
 
Bravo!
 
Long ago, it seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were!
 
She may not remember me,
But I remember her…
 
Nothing ever stays the same does it? Everything fades. My love hasn't, but the love he never had for me probably did. Everything has a phase. A high and low point. Nothing's constant forever. I guess things would be boring if they were. But, still, I want him to remember me. To think of me. Just the tiniest thought is enough. I know I'll never have his love, but I'll have his friendship. His memory will be etched into my heart forever.
 
Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade
They have their season so do we!
But please promise me,
That sometimes
You will think of me!
 
Himura, please, I beg of you, remember me. Think of me, sometimes. I will always remember you no matter what. One day, I pray, you will remember that pirate Shura. Please.
 
The End
 
 
End Notes: Good? Bad? Whichever you think, I'd like to hear your opinion. The song, as I mentioned, is Think Of Me, sang by Christine in The Phantom Of The Opera. I've also recently put up the fic Unable To Protect. So, if you want, you can check that out. Ja ne!