Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Through Time ❯ Identity Revelled; Shisho’s Replacement is a woman? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Through Time

(A Rurouni Kenshin fic)

CHAPTER THREE

Identity Revelled; Shisho's Replacement is a woman?

Juri kept running she could heard the whistles of the police in the distance and she slipped before falling down the bank and on to the dirt by the stream and she sat up on her knees and covered her face before falling down on to her side.

'It was self defence… I had no choice he would have revealed my identity to the world…'

"Master Jun." Juri looked up seeing Kenshin standing there; he looked at her baffled for a moment.

Juri stood up picking her bag up ready to take off again. "I'm sorry I have to-"

"Jun wait…" Kenshin looked at her and she felt conflicted. Tsuki she'd told him she wouldn't.

"You fail your mission and you will be killed and replaced how would Tsuki feel then?"

Juri let the bag slide off her shoulder as she dropped it. She held her arm out to the side and looked over her shoulder at Kenshin. He stopped for a moment catching the look in her eyes.

"You're more than a merchant, I thought so… It was your smile I recognized, that I did."

"I'm the Jun'dai battousai." Juri pulled one of her forearm wraps off and held up the scarred forearm to show him.

He looked at her. "Then indeed you've returned to finish our battle."

Juri turned round slowly and pulled her two swords out of their hidden positions and placed one on either side of her sash.

"I'm sorry Battousai, either I kill you or they kill me." She looked at him, "at least until Tsuki can get back to Kyoto to inform them of the corrupt men in their system."

"Tsuki…" He looked at her. "I knew he was keeping a secret from me… you two are together."

Juri looked at him. "You are correct sir… and now you know the truth… it's time to silence you."

She then charged and he drew his sword blocking the attack and he spun round avoiding her second blade and their battle began.

~*~*~*~

Juri blocked his attack and Kenshin looked at her over their blades. "I can see you don't want to fight me master Jun, then you do not have to that you do not."

"Stop it. I have to fight I have to kill… you." Juri could feel herself on the verge of tears.

She spun round and he blocked the sword attack behind him spinning round and up and over her. "Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu, Ryu San Ken!" she dropped below the tip of the sword as he spun round again taking his legs out under him and brought her sword down he blocked it as she hovered over him holding him down their swords grinding each other.

"Kenshin!"

Juri looked over to see Sano reach the side of the river and he looked down at the two of them.

"Don't hurt her Kenshin!"

Kenshin blinked and then looked at Juri. "Her…" She looked at him and growled. "Your both gunna have to die now."

Kenshin pushed her off and Juri jumped back Sano slid down the side of the bank and he raced up to her.

"He attacked you in the alley way didn't he? That man?"

Juri looked at Sano. "He did and he had to die for finding out my secret."

"Jun…" Sano looked at me. "Why Kenshin?"

"I'm the replacement that's why and all ties have to be eradicated!"

"You were the shadow assassin?" Kenshin asked.

Juri looked at him and their swords met again. "Do not compare me to him, I'm his replacement!"

"They replaced a replacement?" Sano raised a brow. "No wonder we're not getting anywhere in this day an age."

Juri was flung to the ground by the reverse blade sword sweeping her ankle and Kenshin brought his sword down and she blocked then heard a chink and looked over as the top of her mother's sword fell to the side and she looked at it shocked.

"You broke my mother's sword you ass!" Juri suddenly thunked him over the head with the hilt of her mother's sword and he hit the ground eyes swirling over.

"Oro…"

Juri hugged her mother's sword.

Sano raced up to Juri and she blinked as she felt him wrap his arms around her just holding her in a hug. "You don't have to kill Kenshin. You don't have to, he's helped so many people who ever asked you has to be corrupt."

"It's okay Sano." Kenshin stood up and looked at Juri. "Miss Dan, I will not fight you anymore." She watched as he sheathed his sword. "I've broken your mother's sword it would not be fair, that it would not."

"It's cause I'm female isn't it?" Juri asked.

"That could be a reason." Kenshin smiled.

*CONK*

"Oro…"

"You jerk!" Juri snapped.

"Juri Kenshin could really hurt you…" Sano looked at her.

She blinked as she looked up at him.

"That's not it Sano… Juri fought during the revolution, we fought once, we were both manslayers at that time, if we were to fight again…"

"You think I'd bring out you Battousai side?" Juri asked.

Kenshin smiled at her. "That I do."

"Oh… and that's wrong why?" She asked tilting her head to the side.

"You obviously haven't heard about Kenshin's oath never to kill again then have you?" Sano asked.

Juri blinked clueless. "Uh… not really I've kinda been um…"

"Lost?" Sano offered.

Juri glared at him.

~*~*~*~

There was a whistle sound of the police as they were getting closer and Juri looked up at Sano as he picked her up and he raced in to the water with her, Juri let out a startled cry and Kenshin smiled at the two of them.

Sano dropped Juri in the water and she surfaced quickly and looked at him.

"Hey you ass! What do you think you're doing?"

Sano grabbed her sash and she was pulled up to him suddenly her cheeks heated up as he pulled her sash and top off quickly throwing them behind her merchant bag and taking of her bandanna and stuffing it in his pocket.

The police raced up to the edge of the bank and looked down at the three of them. "Himora… have you seen a young boy come this way?"

"Indeed I have officer."

*THONK*

Juri had clobbered him over the head.

"Oro…"

"He went that way!" Sano motioned "he raced off when he heard your whistle.

They raced down the bank and Juri saw the officer look at her and she blushed covering her chest subconsciously the singlet sticking to her. They raced through the water and down the stream and Juri let out a breath before slipping down to her knees in defeat.

"I'm so dead… dead… he's going to kill me."

"Does he know you're a woman?" Kenshin looked at Juri as she mumbled about being killed.

"No only a few know… well actually um just you two, Sakama and Tsuki."

"Then I have a deal for you." Juri looked at Kenshin.

"A deal?" She repeated.

"Jun'dai…" Kenshin began.

"It's Juri… Dan Juri." Juri looked down her cheeks heating up embarrassed at exposing her real name.

"Juri…" Sano repeated and he looked at Juri.

"Miss Juri then, Will you promise never to kill again?" Kenshin asked.

"I can't promise that… I don't hold a fancy no kill sword like you, if they attack me I defend myself…"

"How about no killing while you live in Tokyo then?" Kenshin asked.

"I might aswell not kill anyway with that promise you know I want to live here." Juri's eyes narrowed.

"Enough blood has been shed by you today, that it has."

Juri sighed. "Fine so long as I'm in Tokyo I promise I won't kill."

"And live peacefully Juri." Kenshin added.

"Peacefully." Juri looked down. "I don't even know what that is anymore."

"We'll help you." Sano smiled at her.

Juri trudged out of the water and picked up her merchant bag. "Fine and what do I get from you two for this deal?"

"We won't reveal you secret to the police."

"Though I bet revealing it Kaoru and Yahiko are a different though."

"They will need to know especially if we meet up again and I know we will, that I do." Kenshin replied.

"Fine you have a deal." Juri grumbled as she picked up her top and slung it over her shoulder and trudged up the bank to the ground and looked down at them.

"Juri you don't have to kill me, this isn't the revolution any more the Bakufu alliance is no more." Kenshin looked up at her.

Juri blinked for a moment. Kenshin smiled at her. "I kill you the deal's off Battousai so watch your back." She pointed at him.

"That's breaking the deal if you kill him." Sano pointed out. He picked up her broken sword and she glared at him.

"They tricked you Juri they knew your parents wanted change to Japan, and I'm betting that it was some of the earlier members that killed them, that I am."

She looked at him her eyes narrowing. "What do you know about my parents?! You weren't there! You didn't see the way my mother died, you didn't see an innocent man who was just trying to help me get slaughtered." She snapped. "He died and I was sold off like an object! But they all paid and I made sure their deaths were slow and painful so watch what you say to me Battousai, because I'll determine the speed of your demise!"

"Go home Juri." Sano tossed Juri her broken sword and it's sheath, she put them in her merchant bag while placing the other sword in there too and stalked off leaving the two down on the bank.

~*~*~*~

Kaoru looked at Kenshin and Sano as they had just finished explaining the ongoings and battle down at the bank.

"A woman…" Kaoru looked surprised.

"Oh trust me Juri is a she." Sano nodded.

Kaoru looked at him sideways through narrow eyes. "Sanosuke…" She warned.

"Hey I didn't grab her, she ran in to me!"

"It appears miss Juri's dealing with the Meji government seems to be conflicted, some want her dead and others want her to kill me, especially after the Bakufu lying to her, it's natural she'd be confused like that, this it is." Kenshin nodded.

"So you fought her in the revolution then?" Yahiko asked.

"Well not for long our battle was interrupted she was bait to lure me out, but it makes me wonder who back then knew she was a female?" Kenshin mused.

"Probably no one, she's much younger than you right Kenshin?" Sano asked.

"The Jun'dai is suppose to be Twenty-four now…" He replied.

"Twenty four? I could have sworn she was only eighteen." Sano blinked.

"Well she is married to my old friend Tsuki. It's a small world that she would marry an old member of the imperialist army."

"I don't understand why would she marry him?" Sano asked. "We saw their arguing they don't seem to get along at all."

"Tsuki he's… not easy to get along with, but he has a good heart, that he does." Kenshin smiled.

~*~*~*~

Tsuki and Juri sat in the back yard of the inn. Tsuki stirring the contents of the bowl round and he looked at Juri as she sat there eating. She looked at him sideways as he looked at the bowl and she sighed.

"Hono'o cooked it." She stated.

She blinked suddenly as Tsuki started wolfing it down and a little vein popped up on the side of her forehead. "You jerk! You thought I cooked it didn't you?!"

Tsuki stopped eating and he smiled. "I'm sorry but really despite your father's excellent cooking books you just didn't inherit his cooking skills." He patted Juri on the head.

Her eyes narrowed and Tsuki blocked with the hilt of the sword before she could conk him over the head with the hilt of her sword.

"Stop being soooooo mean!" She whined.

Tsuki smiled at her some more. "Your too easy to wind up. Smile more. Where was that smiling Juri I met during the revolution?"

"She grew up."

Tsuki put the bowl down and pulled her up to his side and wrapped his arms round her. "Well obviously not in height."

*Twitch*

"Heeeeeeey…"

Tsuki planted a kiss on the top of her forehead. Juri looked up at him. "I followed you today. Saw your battle with the Battousai."

Juri instantly found her hands more interesting than looking up at him.

"He's my friend, just leave him alone. He's trying to repent."

"I can't."

"Sakama is dealing to that corrupt official so don't worry."

Juri sighed. "They're going to come after you if I don't."

Tsuki blinked. "And you think I need protecting? That's sweet. I fought in the revolution too remember?"

"I remember." Juri sighed.

"Lets finish eating then go to bed. It's been a long day."

~*~*~*~

The Next Day

Kenshin was walking through the market bringing some Tofu back for dinner that night, he stopped suddenly and ducked he blinked as a spear landed in the wall and he stood up looking at it before turning to face the direction it came from and began jumping back and forward as all sorts of pointy sharp weapons were being thrown his way, he tripped suddenly as his feet were knocked out from under him and he drew his sword and sheath out catching the tofu on the tip of it, the bucket of tofu spinning around.

A crowd suddenly formed as he balanced the tofu on the sheath of his sword and they began clapping impressed.

"Kenshin!!" A voice called out and his concentration lost for the moment sent the bucket of tofu down on his head.

Kenshin let out a defeated breath then looked at Sano who walked up to him. "What's going on what's taking so damn long?"

"I had a little accident that I did." He smiled and motioned to the wall where the assortment of sharp pointy weapons were still stuck from their first impact.

"Die Battousai!"

Kenshin jumped out of the way as Juri flew in from above her sword meeting with the spot on the ground where Kenshin had been. There was a sudden loud rumbling before the ground shattered out a crater forming and Juri glared at Kenshin.

"Miss Juri… this is a public place that it is…"

"DIE!!" Sano grabbed her suddenly and slung her over his shoulder.

"C'mon enough of that missy, a deal is a deal and it's breaking that deal if you kill Kenshin."

Juri huffed and thumped Sano in the middle of the back. "Put me down!"

Kenshin sighed and shook his head.

"You pick up some more of that Tofu Kenshin I'll meet you back at the dojo with psycho missy here."

"HEEEEEY! I'm not psycho!"

~*~*~*~

Kenshin sat in the sitting area with Kaoru and Yahiko, the two were looking directly at Juri who stood away from every her arms crossed across her chest and leaning against the doorframe. Sano standing behind her watching her every move.

"So she really fought in the revolution too?" Kaoru blinked.

"That she did." Kenshin replied. "Her skills haven't diminished one bit either."

"What do you expect from someone who has no respect for human life." Sano remarked.

"It's your government you guys wanted it. I'm just the one who cleans up the mess." Juri replied and waved her hand about.

"And your saying Kenshin is a mess?" Yahiko glared at her.

"Of course he is, the Battousai is the biggest mess of the revolution. I finish him off, I can call it quits."

"Just like that you plan to drop the sword?" Sano looked at her.

"I have other training." Juri growled.

"Well I can't say it's her cooking." Tsuki grinned as he walked up to the door. "I thought you'd be here, Yuie pointed the way said he saw you over the shoulder of this young man's shoulder, had to make sure my wife was behaving." He smiled. "Sorry to barge in like this." He grabbed Juri by the back of her bandanna and gave it a tug pulling her head down. "What do you think you were doing you crazy gaijin?"

"My job!"

Tsuki sighed. "Look I wanted to come to Tokyo to settle down and be away from the memories of Kyoto, but you… you make it so hard, I told you to leave him alone."

Juri sighed as she looked down. "Stop trying to protect me how many times do I have to say that? I was in the same revolution you were there, we fought, you remember."

"Tsu…" Juri sighed. "It's…"

"Over. I got a telegram from Sakama the one who had the contract on you to kill Kenshin has been arrested and is awaiting trial. Let his men come to try and kill me, I can protect myself."

Kenshin saw the look on Juri's face and she shook her head. "You'll die… I know I saw it." Her voice was soft as she looked away.

"You saw it…" Sano looked at her. "How could you see him die when he's sitting right there." He pointed.

Tsuki smiled. "You're a bit naïve aren't you?"

"Hey!" Sano clenched his fist glaring at Tsuki with white eyes.

Kenshin held up his hand. "Miss Juri you see the future…"

She nodded slowly. "I have ever since I was a little girl, I used to get this itch on the back of my leg then one in the middle of my back and even one on my forehead. The same type of itch that burns the skin and feels like it strips energy from your body, the pain unbearable some days I used to think I would die. I understood the being the outcast cause I'm half gaijin but these visions and pains are results of something that's going to happen in the future… But I want to change it. Which is why I fought on the side of the Bakufu cause I saw what is going to happen to this world."

Sano blinked. "You expect me to believe you?!" He glared at her.

She glared right back sparks flying between their glare neither one backing down.

"You expect me to believe that this ugly girl sees he future?" Yahiko Scoffed.

*WHOMP*

Kenshin blinked and looked at the missing door and then to Yahiko. "Oh Miss Juri you broke Miss Kaoru's door."

"I'll pay to have it fixed. I'm not a freeloader." She jerked her thumb over her shoulder to Sano who was fuming flames surrounding him.

"You're such a brat." He growled.

"She may be smaller and look younger, but trust me Sanosuke she's only four years younger than Kenshin." Tsuki smiled. "Which makes her no brat only Kenshin and myself could call her that…"

"Well good luck on your quarter life crisis…" Sano huffed.

*WHOMP!*

Kaoru blinked and looked at her other missing door and then at the door that was wrapped around Sano, who just stood there blinking for a moment.

"What is with you? You're violent." Sano growled.

"Don't blame her, blame the Bakufu and the revolution, she was really a sweet girl when I met her." Tsuki grinned.

"Doubt it." Sano and Yahiko grumbled in unison.

~*~*~*~

Tsuki attached the last door and went about fixing the panels and he smiled as Kaoru stood there watching them. "I'm really sorry about my wife…"

Kenshin looked at the doors. "Tsuki you didn't have to do that, that you didn't."

Tsuki smiled and he sat back and looked at the doors. "Juri isn't one for fixing things… she breaks things a lot and her cooking isn't one to be desired, but she's trying really hard to fit in to today's society."

Kenshin nodded. "It is hard for Juri, she is a female samurai and half gaijin."

Tsuki smiled. "You still thought we were together when you thought she was a male didn't you?"

Kenshin blushed. "I… I'm sorry about that Tsuki, that I am."

"I spose I seem like the type." Tsuki smirked.

"It's not… I mean… Tsuki…" Kenshin sighed.

"Hey don't worry Kenshin." Tsuki smiled. "Not once did you ever see me with any women while we were fighting together." He waved his hand about. "It's easily dismissed. Juri does act more like a guy than any other girl I know…"

Kenshin smiled. "I've meet a few over my time who are like that, that I have."

Tsuki nodded. "Well I'm nearly done here… I'll try and keep Juri away from your doors from now on Miss Kaoru."

Kaoru smiled. "It's okay. She looks like she needs to vent, she's confused that's all."

Tsuki nodded. "Yeah, she got to her grandfather's house the other week and found him gone and a bunch of men in the back yard with swords when she knows how her grandfather feels about swords, turns out they tried to kill her, she's going to be a little bit paranoid for a while, so just bare with her violent antics."

"So you think someone is trying to kill her?" Kenshin asked.

Tsuki nodded. "Yeah, that or they wanted to hire her and those men were a test to see if she could still take lives without hesitation."

Kenshin frowned. "Every life she takes will be a burden on her soul, that it will."

Tsuki let out a breath. "Yeah, but it doesn't appear to affect her, she can still have that carefree smile on her face."

"What type of assassin can still smile right after or before a kill like that?" Kaoru looked at the two of them.

"One that only knows how to look at the bright side of life, even after all the evils that have been committed against them, it's how Juri copes, that and we get a big whomp on the head when she looses that smile." Tsuki chuckled.

"Miss Juri doesn't smile as often any more so I noticed. That I have." Kenshin looked at Tsuki.

"After the revolution, her grandfather disowned her after he found out she took so many lives. She knew it was coming but he's the only living family she has left now." Tsuki replied.

"Maybe I should talk with her grandfather…" Kenshin offered.

Tsuki shook his head. "No I've already been up there to try Kenshin. He's not there anymore. Gone. Just vanished."

Kaoru frowned. "That must have been hard on her, she looses her parents, then her only living grandparent."

"I'm all she has left, as her husband I want to help her, give her something to smile about."

Kenshin smiled. "I believe you can do it, that I can."

~*~*~*~

Two Months later…

Juri lay on her side on the mattress on the ground her back up against Tsuki's bare chest, his shallowing breathing tickling the back of her neck, his arms wrapped around her. Her head rested on her folded up arms as she looked out the window at the stars over the sky.

'These visions of the future, I can't even sleep anymore because of them.' She let out a sigh.

Tsuki stirred and his head moved up to her shoulder and she felt his lips as they planted a kiss there and his hand travelling to her bare stomach.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked softly.

"I'm fine."

"You don't feel sick again do you?" He asked.

"No just can't sleep."

"You haven't been sleeping much since you found out about the baby…" He looked at her over her shoulder. "Don't you want this baby?"

"I want it… more than anything, but Sakama bringing news of that shadow assassin in Kyoto, I can't help but wonder if he's going to come here…"

Tsuki placed his arms around her holding her to him. "Shisho…"

"Is that his name? They never told me his name."

"Yeah."

Juri let out another sigh. 'Those were his men I killed, will he be mad with me? Or was it all a test? This corrupt government wants me dead, and they want him dead.' She swallowed. 'No more for me… I promised Kenshin I wouldn't kill…'

Suddenly her hand flew to her mouth and she pulled free from Tsuki's hold grabbing a robe she pulled it on and raced out of the room hurriedly.

Tsuki sat up and he smiled. "Morning sickness has no time limit." He smiled to himself.

~*~*~*~

Morning…

Tsuki paused by a stall and he looked at Sakama as the young teenager walked up to him and smiled. "Hi I'm back." Sakama smiled cheerily.

"That took longer than usual… it's all sorted then?"

"Well Shisho isn't being quiet, so I brought a friend with me." Sakama smiled, he motioned to a tall figure behind him and Tsuki looked up and blinked the black hair slicked back with only a few strands of fringe flopped in to his face.

"Haijime… Saitou…" He breathed.

Saitou just smiled and then looked to the side as Juri walked up next to Tsuki. "I grabbed some rice for dinner tonight." She paused and then looked at Saitou, her mouth nearly falling open.

"Tsuki Hajima, is this your wife?" He asked.

"Hai, Saitou this is Juri… Juri. Say hello to Mr. Saitou." Tsuki remarked.

Sakama looked at Juri and noticed her just staring at him. 'He obviously doesn't recognise her… not while she's dressed up as a woman.' He thought to himself then elbowed Juri.

"Ow!"

*THONK*

"Oro…" Sakama spun round on his feet for a few seconds before hitting the ground his eyes swirling over.

"That hurt!" She snapped.

"Juri give me that!" Tsuki snatched his sword, sheath and all from her and placed it back at his side.

"A European woman with a Japanese name, what an interesting choice for a wife Tsuki." Saitou smiled.

"Oh shove it Mr. Smiley!" Juri snapped waving her fist in his face.

He just continued to smile at her through narrow eyes. "You remind me of someone Mrs. Hajima. Someone I knew during the revolution, you wouldn't happen to know the Jun'dai would you?"

"Uh…" Juri swallowed. "Me know the Jun'dai… oh no no no no I don't know any Jun'dai…" She smiled sheepishly before rubbing the back of her neck.

"Funny Sakama told me you were his older sister."

"SAKAMA!!!!" Juri screamed and thunked the unconscious samurai again.

"Orooooo…"

Tsuki let out a breath. "The Jun'dai has retired Saitou."

"And I had a message to pass on to him aswell." Saitou looked at Tsuki. "You obviously know where he is… so tell him this for me. He's needed back in Kyoto Shisho is a mess the Jun'dai was hired to clean up so he better. If he wants to decline then he can find me at the Tokyo police station here. But I won't make it easy for him, decline and despite our previous alliances and he dies." Saitou remarked and he tipped his hat to Juri who glared from under the large hat matching the long European dress she wore.

"Where are you going now?" Tsuki asked as Saitou walked off.

"To see the Battousai, he's going to get the same message."

Juri let out a breath after Saitou had gone. "Man that was close."

"Saitou doesn't know you're a girl?" Tsuki looked at Juri.

"Only you two know, and those at the Kamiya dojo." Juri handed Tsuki the basket.

"Okay Juri think you can pick up some fish from Yuie's stall for me and Sakama's dinner, and I'll make you some egg rolls for dinner I promise." Tsuki asked.

"Okay." Juri smiled. "I like Egg rolls." She turned round to walk off and bumped right in to a tall body. "Hey watch it!" She snapped then blinked.

"Sano…" Sakama waved. "Hi."

"Oh hey you two…" He looked down at Juri. "And little missy."

Juri's eye twitched. "I'm not little!"

*THUNK*

Sano grabbed his head and looked at Juri holding Tsuki's sword which Tsuki snatched from her promptly. "Juri stop that!" He scolded.

"Juri…" Sano looked at her. "In a dress… you look… like a woman." He blinked.

Juri's eye twitched as she glared at him. "Shut up!"

Sano smiled. "You should dress like a girl more often you actually look cute."

"Uh!" Juri blinked caught off guard and Sano flicked her on the nose causing her to blush before standing up and walking off.

"Sano where you going?" Sakama asked.

"Oh to the dojo… See you guys." He waved and walked off.

Juri looked down. "Sano and Saitou didn't recognise you, wow… you must really look like a woman." Sakama remarked.

Juri glared at him.

"ORO!!!" Sakama jumped behind Tsuki and Juri began to chase him round and round Tsuki who just stood in the circle of dust the two were kicking up a sweatdrop forming on the side of his head.

~*~*~*~

At the inn…

Tsuki placed the dishes down in front of Sakama and juri and he smiled. "Eat up you two…"

"What about you?" Juri asked.

"I'll eat when I get back I promise, I just have to see Kenshin. I want to know more about this Shisho mess, I'm sure Saitou would have explained in more detail to him, if he hasn't killed him by now."

Juri looked at Tsuki. "You knew I was going to accept didn't you?"

He smiled. "You have a male pride Juri, you promised the government you would clean up their mess at all costs and Shisho is a major mess. I'll get the information, you stay here eat up. Sakama don't let her out of your sight."

Sakama just nodded but was too busy wolfing the food down like he hadn't eaten in several years to make a coherent reply.

Juri looked at Tsuki. "Come back home straight afterwards okay?"

He walked up to her and crouched down opposite her kissing her on the lips. "I will it's okay don't worry about me."

Juri watched as he slipped his sandals on and left. She looked at the egg rolls and picked one up and ate it slowly still looking at the door worriedly.

~*~*~*~

"Kenshin… you look terrible." Tsuki breathed looking at the cut bloody and bruised Kenshin sitting with the others.

"I'm fine Tsuki that I am." Kenshin smiled.

Tsuki looked over to Okubo sitting there and the man smiled at Tsuki.

"Tsuki. Glad to see you…" He smiled.

"This gathering has got to do with Shisho doesn't it?" Tsuki asked.

"Perceptive that you are Tsuki." Kenshin smiled.

"No not really just had a run in with Saitou earlier, he wants Juri-" he stopped seeing Okubo looking at him. "Jun'dai's help."

"Is she going to help us then?" Okubo asked.

Tsuki blinked. "I… you know…"

"That the Jun'dai is a woman, yes Sakama told me by accident on his last trip, it's okay I haven't told Saitou yet, but he will discover this on his own eventually." Okubo replied.

"Oiy… he's going to be surprised, he worked with Juri for how many years and she never told him…" He just shook his head.

"I've given Mr. Himora till the 14th of May, if Juri wants to stop by before then I can fill her in on any details she might require, we were very secretive when she was hired to clean up Shisho's mess. And She could possibly be a target Tsuki, so just be careful."

Tsuki nodded. "Right, I'll pass your message on."

~*~*~*~

Tsuki looked over Juri as she slept, she had fallen asleep not long after he got back and Sakama had headed over to where Okubo was staying that night as an extra body guard for him that night.

Tsuki smiled as he sat next to her sleeping form and brushed some hair from her face, he'd seen her face when he'd filled her in that Saitou had attacked Kenshin as a test driving the Battousai side of Kenshin out, if even for just a moment while they fought, he'd told her of what Okubo had told him and she had said she would see him the next day.

'You shouldn't have to fight while your pregnant, I wish you wouldn't…' He let out a sigh.

He was distracted suddenly as the door slid open. "Hona it's okay we don't have any dishes that need…" He stopped seeing a young boy with brown hair standing in the doorway. "What… who are you?"

The boy just smiled. "The Jun'dai I take it?" He smiled more as he asked the question.

"Who me?" Tsuki asked pointing to himself.

"Well you do have red hair and a red bandanna and are dressed in blue." The boy pointed out.

"I'm not going to answer that until you tell me what you want with the Jun'dai." Tsuki's eyes narrowed.

"Well my master Shisho wants an audience with the Jun'dai, decline and I have to kill you, hope you can make it."

The boy entered the room and Tsuki stood up infront of Juri protectively. 'He can't know Juri is the Jun'dai. I'll just let him think it's me.'

"Leave the address over there and don't come any closer."

The boy picked up a pen and wrote the address down on the table with instructions.

"Should we take this outside then? Away from your wife."

"I… guess so…" Tsuki watched as the boy left and he looked over his shoulder as Juri slept he knelt down by her side and placed a kiss on her cheek, "Just rest up I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." He stood up and walked out.

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…