Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ chapter 2 getting the job ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own RK *sob*
 
Antica: I'm baaaaaack
Kenshin: antica-dono may I ask you why did you make Tomoe my sister I feel I little acuard about it
Antica: because I had to make either Tomoe or Kaoru die to get you pissed and I will never make Kaoru die
Kaoru: thank you antica but when do I come in
Antica: don't worry Kaoru I put you in this chapter
 
Chapter 2 getting the job
Five years have passed since Tomoe was killed, Kenshin stood in front of the ambassador's property, hatred filled his heart and his eyes were full of anger. He slowly walked in with his sword tucked in his belt he could see many other young men inside waiting for the ambassador. He grabbed a chair and sat quietly listening to the other men brag about their skills.
Ten minutes after Kenshin's arrival the ambassador came in with his daughter and two guards.
“Welcome all you brave young men today you will be tested until I can see which one of you is worthy to be my daughter, lady Kaoru bodyguard” announced the ambassador.
Kenshin looked up, his violet eyes stared at the young lady, she was wearing a blue and white kimono, her eyes was scanning the men who are here to complete for the position of her personal body guard.
“the rules are simple, two of you will volunteer to fight each other and the winner will go on to fight another man and the man who manages to beat all his opponents will get the position as my daughter's personal body guard, losers of the match die” explained the ambassador.
“So who would like to go first?” he asked
Kenshin immediately stood up and volunteered to fight first, Kaoru looked at the warrior who has bravely accepted to fight first, she had never seen a man with his features before: long red hair, violet eyes and a scar on his left cheek which made her drawn towards the young man then felt a strong feeling that she had never felt before.
“Any challengers?” asked the ambassador interrupting Kaoru's thoughts.
Another fighter stood up and accepted the challenge, Kenshin tore his eyes from the ambassador and his daughter and looked at his first opponent, he had long black hair and dark blue eyes, and a huge ax was held in his hand.
“Excellent let the fight begin” announced the ambassador.
 
Kenshin and the other warrior were led to a huge arena where they will be fighting
If I win this tournament I will be at the ambassador's daughter's side where it would be easy to get to her father” thought Kenshin as he unsheathed his sword and got ready for his first fight.
He heard the gun shot that indicated the start of the match and the two men ran towards each other striking each others weapons.
Sitting in the audience with her father, Kaoru watched the match as the two men fight; inside her she felt strangely concern for the red head warrior.
That warrior is extremely strong and fast, I wonder who he is?” though Kaoru.
“Who do you think will win?” a voice interrupted her thoughts.
Kaoru turned around to see her loyal lady in waiting Tae smiling at her.
“I don't know but……… I hope the warrior with red hair to win” Kauro answered.
“ He is strong and handsome isn't he?” asked Tae.
“I…… suppose” Kaoru answered blushing a little; she had to admit to herself she did find the red head warrior attractive.
Suddenly she saw her red headed warrior fall to the ground; she gasped and started to feel worried that he might have lost.
Thoughts raced around Kenshin's head, he remembered his sister and how she died.
“I will not back down now, I have to fight, I have to avenge Tomoe death” thought Kenshin as his eyed turned into amber.
He got up and charged at his opponent, using his incredible speed he broke his opponents ax in half.
Kaoru felt relived that her red headed warrior won.
 
The matches continued as one by one the warriors fell and Kenshin had made it to the final round.
“I shall be your next opponent” Kenshin turned around to see his next opponent it was none other that the ambassador himself.
“If you beat me, you shall have the honor of being my daughter's body guard” said the ambassador as he lifted his sword.
The fight began and the two swords men fought for a long time.
“He is a very skilled warrior, but no match for me” thought Kenshin as he felt his body getting weaker.
The ambassador charged at Kenshin trying to take advantage of Kenshin's tried self thinking that he might be able to beat Kenshin.
Just then the ambassador's sword flew from his hands as Kenshin as won the final round, he wanted to stick his sword through the ambassador's chest at that moment, but something inside him refused to do so.
“Yes, I can kill the basterd right now….. But why cant I do it…..why do I feel this isn't the time?” these thoughts ran throught kenshin's head
 
“Congratulations young man, you have earned the right to protect Kaoru” said the ambassador holding out his hand to Kenshin to shake it.
“I want to just cut that hand off” Kenshin thought as he stared at the ambassador's hand, and he held his anger as he shook the ambassador's hand in order for him to gain his trust.
“What is your name young man?” the ambassador asked Kenshin with a smile
“Kenshin Himura, sir” answered Kenshin not smiling back.
“Kenshin may I present lady Kaoru, you will accompany her wherever she goes, protect her at all times and don't even think of touching her”
“Sir, please” said Kaoru who couldn't help but blush.
Kenshin looked as he looked at Kaoru then took a bow “I am honored to meet you my lady” he said politely.
“The honor is all mine Kenshin” Kaoru said smiling at her new body guard.
“Your duties starts now, I shall sleep peacefully knowing that kaoru is being protected by a strong young man like you Kenshin” said the ambassador as he turned to face kaoru.
“Don't do anything to dishonor me, you know what will happen if you do”
“Yes” she whispered and hung her head low so her bangs covered her eyes
“Good” the ambasado said as he walked away leaving kenshin and kaoru alone.
“You'll sleep forever after I'm done with you……why did talk to talk to miss kaoru that way...what did he mean by what he said?” thought Kenshin watching the ambassador leave not realizing that Kaoru has talking to him.
“Kenshin are you ok? You seem distracted?” asked Kaoru.
“I'm ok Miss Kaoru” answered Kenshin as they began walking.
“Please call me Kaoru”.
“That won't be appropriate my lady, as I am just your body guard”.
“I want you to be more than a body guard; I want you to be my friend as well”.
Kenshin looked at Kaoru's blue eyes and smiled “all right…. Kaoru”.
“That's much better” as she stared at the scar on his cheek, wondering how'd he got it.
Kaoru began to give Kenshin a tour of the huge house, but Kenshin only cared about the location of the ambassador's and Kaoru's bedrooms.
The day has ended, and night fall came, Kenshin followed Kaoru towards her room scanning the area for any signs of the ambassador.
“Miss Kaoru, may I ask you something?” asked Kenshin.
“Yes Kenshin” she answered while turning to face him smiling.
“Beautiful.....she is simply breathtaking when she smiles…….what am I saying? Have I gone completely mad, she is the daughter of my enemy?
“Kenshin”
“I'm sorry Miss Kaoru my mind must have wandered off” he said as he rubbed the back of his head and gave her a warm smile
“It's aright, what did you want to ask me?” she asked smiling back
May I ask where your father's bedroom is?”
Kaoru stopped and pointed to the door across the hall.
“it's that one, he always goes to sleep early so that's way you wont see him at night” she opened the door next to her “well this is my room, thank you Kenshin for walking me to it”.
It's ok, it's my duty” said Kenshin smiling at Kaoru.
“Good night Kenshin” Kaoru said as she closed the door behind her.
“Good night miss Koaru”
 
Antica: I'm done with chapter two,so what do you think? Like it? Hate it?
Kaoru: I loved it, I am finally in it
Antica: I'm glad you liked it Kaoru……hey where is Kenshin?
Battousai: I'm right here
Antica and Kaoru: EEEEEEEEEK battousai what are you doing here?
Battousai( looking at Kaoru while smirking): I want to know when I am going to ravish Kaoru
Kaoru (blushes): w-w-what?
Antica: don't worry you'll get your chance……if the readers review
Battousai(holding the tip of his sword): readers if you value your life review NOW
Antica and Kaoru: BATTOUSAI
 
 
Responses:
Patience Halliwell: thanks for the review, it really made me happy because you are the first person to review my story, this chapter is dedicated to you I hope you enjoy it
 
PhAnToM TOMATO: thanks for the review I hope you liked this chapter
 
 
 
Antica ^_^