Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Where I Blong ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
I waited for Tokio to come for me. The night became darker and still I waited for her.
 
Something was wrong, very wrong. Tokio still hadn't come and it was the time she usually goes to sleep.
 
`Officer Fujita!!'
 
I looked up to a young officer, one of my junior trainees.
 
`The Nagi Houka has ransacked your house and- '
 
Before he finished I ran out the door.
 
Tokio
 
I knew she wouldn't be at the house, or anywhere safe. She wouldn't be making me dinner this night.
 
Damn
 
I shouldn't have left her at home and now….
 
I looked upon our house. The door had been broken down. She had listened to what I had said. I followed a trail of muddy footprints to the kitchen. The Kitchen. She must have been preparing our dinner. My assumptions was verified when I saw the chicken rice soup spilled over the counter. She had put up a fight. The muddy footprint went down the hallway close to the closet where I kept a few machetes then stopped. Why? Tokio must have tried to get a weapon. I looked down at the footprints and this time noticed drag marks. She definitely was kidnapped.
 
Tokio
 
I walked up to our bedroom, hoping to find a semblance of Tokio's presence. She was long gone, her ki didn't even exist in the rooms.
 
Something wasn't right.
 
Why was her hair ribbon on the futon?
 
I picked it up gently and noticed a shard of white. A note.
 
Fujita-san, it is I, Tokio who writes this. They tell me to write that you should meet them at the shrine in the center of Kyoto. Fujita-san it's where I used to live. Please make sure you don't get hurt. I am taken hostage until you come and get me they say but I'm sure they have other plans for the both of us. If I don't get to talk to you again. You have my best wishes for your future.
 
She honestly thinks she is going to die. You don't even know the reason they want me. They want the Wolf of Mibu, the one who slayed their leader during a drug/child/women abuse operation. They will not treat you well Tokio, I assure you but please be strong.
 
`Officer Fujita, the where abouts for the Nagi Houka haven't been pinpointed yet but,'
Don't you think I know that?
`That won't be necessary, they want me for Tokio, I will go to them'
 
`Officer Fujita, you're restricted, remember-'
Stupid trainee, you need to mind your own business
`But she is my wife-'
 
`All the more reason for them to ask for you, your emotions are swayed by her-'
`MY EMOTIONS would NOT be swayed by a mere woman, she is under my care therefore I am RESPONSIBLE, do you understand? I am responsible for her well being'
 
`Fujita you must let you wife go for a while in order to put and end to the gangs' operations. Your wife's kidnapping may be exactly what we need. They will send messages through you and soon you will have you wife back.
 
On another note, I noticed you have never talked about you wife.
 
Tokio
 
`She's just my wife, there's nothing to say about her.'
 
But she wasn't just my wife, she is Tokio. She trusted me, now the one they wanted was the Wolf of Mibu, the man who she trusted and she doesn't even know it.
 
`So you wouldn't have a hard time pretending she's another woman, you will go under cover as a trainee for the Nagi Houka. You must behave like one of them, from the heart, you can't put on an act understand?'
 
`Understood'
 
`One more thing Officer Fujita,
 
I turned around almost sure about what he was going to ask me.
 
`We found a note, as with the other crime scenes asking for the Wolf of Mibu, what exactly do you have to do with the name?'
 
`I don't know why they think I would associate with a dangerous person such as the Wolf, if I knew anything I would tell you.'
 
Tokio