Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ You Had the Chance ❯ Chapter 4: Remembering. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Rurouni Kenshin….
 
A/N: New chapter, hope you like it!!! Kaoru still doesn't know her full name because she has memory loss. Just so you know Shigo's full name is Shigo Yamagato.
 
 
Chapter 4: Remembering.
 
“Kaoru, where are you?” his voice could be heard in the distance, but she couldn't move from her spot. A gun was aimed at her heart.
“Don't do this” she said trying with all her might so tears wouldn't come out of her eyes.
She heard him scream this time his voice was full of concern, “Where are you!!!?”
There was no answer and then….
 
Kaoru woke up unexpectedly and attacked whatever was in her way; suddenly she felt something connect with her fist. She blinked a few times before looking at the man that now laid on the floor. A big red fist mark was located on his face and his red hair was all over the place. She was now sitting down what it seemed a couch, with her right leg heavily bandaged. Then she remembered what had happened before, she had met the man that was on the floor and a thief had stabbed her on her leg. She looked at the man as he stood up from his floor, massaging the red spot on his face.
 
“Sorry miss if I woke you up” he said and bowed to her. Kaoru just looked at him confused.
“No, it' ok. …” Kaoru said trying to get a name from the man in front of her
“Kenshin, Kenshin Himura” he said while bowing down to the girl. “And yours miss?” he asked being very polite.
“Kaoru…” she said looking all around her, it was a big house she could see, it was made of wood, and different paintings were located all around, she was a few wooden doors, and she sat right in the living room, a big plasma television was a few meters away from her, and she could feel t the couch she was sitting on was of leather. “He must be rich… she thought as she saw a few gold artifacts in some desks.
“oro…. Just kaoru?” he said, and Kaoru turned around to see him.
“Yes… just Kaoru” she said blushing, “ he must think I'm stupid from not knowing my full name… he just smiled at her.
“So, how are you feeling Miss Kaoru?” he said and looked at her, he almost fell from astonishment because she was giving him a death glare.
“Don't call me miss…” she said still giving the death glare.
“I'm sorry Miss Kaoru I…” Smack!!! Kaoru had grabbed the fist thing she had found, it was a small bronze statue that had been in a table near her.
“I told you!!” she said, it was one thing Sano called her missy from knowing her all this years, but Kenshin had no right to talk her like that.
“Ororrorrooroooro…” he was now rubbing his head, he hadn't expected someone like her hitting him for being polite.
“I'm sorry mi..Kaoru” he said while pulling a chair to sit beside her.
“Was that difficult?” Kaoru said smiling at the man in front of her. Kenshin sat down and looked up to see her smiling at him, the first smile he had gotten from her since they had met.
“No” he said almost whispering, he didn't want to trigger her anger by saying something more, but smiled no less.
“You did this?” she asked moving her bandaged leg a little so she could make her point.
“Yes, indeed, I wanted to repay you for helping me” he said and smiled at her, “and also because it was my fault you were injured” he said and gave her a sad smile. Kaoru just looked at him, and touched his hand that was on his lap.
Kenshin hadn't expected for her to that thing, her hand was soft and warm over his,instantly he blushed and looked up into her eyes, something came to his mind at that moment. He remembered something…
 
“Hurry up Kenshin… we are going to miss the ship” a woman's voice could be heard calling for him, a very familiar voice. Kenshin tried to look for someone, but couldn't find who it was that was calling him.
Then he felt a small warm hand dragging him to some place, and just as the person in front of him was turning so he could see her face…
 
“… you didn't hear a thing I said”
Two angry eyes were set in his direction, he couldn't feel the warm in his hand and looked up to see Kaoru looking straight to him, tapping her fingers in the couch; she was giving him another of her glares.
“Sorry, I…” he muttered trying very hard to keep the memory he just had in his mind.
Smack!! Kaoru had swing the bronze statue in her hand and Kenshin just rubbed his head closing his eyes “This girl gives me a headache!” he thought while looking at her again.
To his surprise she was leaning on the couch, her eyes half opened, she must be tired Kenshin thought.
With a big yawn Kaoru said, “I must be going to the Department, Shigo must be looking for me all over the place…. Or maybe not, he seemed rather pleased to have me out of there” she said while looking again at Kenshin., she smiled sadly at him.
Kenshin could see she was tired; the events that had taken place a couple of hours since they met had taken a lot of her energy.
An idea came to his mind, “Department?..” he asked looking at her.
“Yes, I work for the Special Agents Department” she said looking curiously at him.
“Then that's why her jacket said S.A.D” he thought and got up from his seat, and turned to get the phone.
“Hey! Where are you going?!” Kaoru asked, trying to get up from the couch. In an instant Kenshin was there pushing Kaoru down, with phone in hand.
“Don't you worry I'll make all the arrangements” he said while giving her a smile.
“What are you talking about?” she asked trying to get out of his grasp but she was weak, and he was at that moment stronger than her.
Kenshin dialed a number with one hand; the other was keeping Kaoru on her place.
“I will like to speak with your manager” Kenshin said and waited a moment before someone picked the phone in the other line.
“Mr. Yamagato” Kenshin said speaking to the phone.
“I will like to ask you a favor” Kenshin said and left Kaoru on the couch, while he got into another room to speak alone. Kaoru just looked at the door in which Kenshin had entered, and then she remembered something very important, extremely concerned now, she got up, with all the strength she had, and managed to hop a little until she saw Kenshin coming out of the room, he looked at her for a moment, and then he frowned and gave her a disapproving look. He picked her up, and placed her on the couch and she landed softly.
“You go back to bed (well couch…you know), I'll be back in no time, I just have to make another call before we go” he said and smiled at her.
“What!!!!? Where??!!” she yelled at him, he was just about to close the door, and answered.
“To my house” saying that he closed the door.