S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting ❯ First ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Makiko Igami
Title: Fighting (and if it's just because all of my stories kinda start with'f')
Series: Scryed (or s.CRY.ed), I dunno... you should have seen it to know the stupidity of their fights in the last episodes...
Rating: hm... PG-13 at least... for swearing, fighting and stuff.
Pairings: RyuhouxKazuma... the only people this ficlet features.
Spoilers: Not really... Just... Ryuhou's looks... okay, so there ARE spoilers about they're Alters, but the series is finished you can download it somewhere and watch it all by yourself. >_<
Warnings: Violence, Destruction, changing POVs, angst... humor... strangeness... o.O
Author's Notes: Too inspired by the series... wrote that although I seem to have a massive writer's block... Well, I tried to cope with the end of Scryed so that I understood it... and I wanted to write some Shonen-Ai-ness. ^-^

--------------------------------------------------

Fighting.. .

Struggling....

Smashing my enemies to the ground...

That's all I ever did...

...and all I'll ever do.

If I didn't use my Alter... I wouldn't be alive, even if the sheer use will kill me one day.

I know that my right arm becomes weaker every time I transform it but I feel alive as "Shell Bullet", I feel one with the world surrounding me, I am whole. I don't know how *he* feels about it, although I know it must be similar to what I feel because we are one of a kind. Every move he makes is of so much force... he puts everything in it...

Just like I do.

***

Why do I fight? I don't know.

Zetsuei, why do we fight?

Do you want to know the answer? I guess I don't.

And why is fighting with *him* such a thrill to me?

Because he gives everything and spurs me on to do the same? I'm not sure.

I know though that our enemies should be happy that we are fighting against each on in this very moment and not them. I know, if we put our forces together, nobody would ever be able to stop us. We could conquer the world in the blink of an eye.

But that is not the reason why we fight. We fight because we were chosen. By whom or why is beyond my knowledge but the urge to compete with each other with our Alters lies deep within our roots.

***

"Teme!!!"

Don't use that trick one me... I invented it! You can never beat me with *that* cheap move!

I *know* you can do better!

***

"Grr..."

He dodged Zetsuei's move. I'll try a feint on his head on go for his stomach.

"Kisama!"

***

"Too slow!"

Even before whatever tactic he wanted to use could reach me, I', no longer where I was, nor am I exactly what I was before.

Mind completely focused one this eternal battle, body covered in shiny, indestructible alloy that glows like a fire in the bright light of the sun, I slam my fist into the ground and jump up higher than anybody could look and launch myself directly at my arch-enemy. Fist first, I aim directly at this bastard's perfect face.

***

Savage... so many years of battles and still he uses only the same simple tactic, even though his Alter evolved greatly. I don't even call Zetusei to my side as I make a step aside, waiting that he flies by and crashes into the ground, knocking himself out effectively. But the blow never comes.

Instead I find myself underneath him as his claws close themselves around my throat.

I struggle, I kick, I try to get free, but in his current form he's too strong for me alone.

One mental command to Zetsuei and I am free again.

I can see him fuming even underneath that mask of his Alter. And before he has the chance start another attack, I raise my right arm from my side and become one with Zetsuei.

***

Now we're getting to the real thing.

If he weren't smirking like the bastard he is I would grin. He looks ridiculous in his shiny armor... like one of these heroes from the Mangas one could find occasionally in empty ruins of the Lost Ground.

I cross my arms in front of my chest and tap one foot impatiently to the ground, expecting him to be much faster.

When he's finally fully transformed there is nothing that could possibly stop me from launching myself at this silly image of a superhero, the anger of his unsuspected counterattack boiling my blood.

***

"I won't let you win!" I yell and hold up both broad lilac swords as he falls down towards me, still with the same tactic, fist first. I don't really hear what he yells, I am much too busy blocking his blow.

He doesn't need tactic, all he relies on is his strength.

***

"Your `perfect´ Alter isn't worth the shit you're saying! I will crush you!"

"When? I'm still waiting since when you said it the first time!"

"TEMEEEE~~~!"

***

I think it was some body wise who said that wars aren't won by the one who fights best but by the one who is most eloquent. If this was so I wonder why we are still fighting with our fists. The speeches we two hold have grown old, even to us.

Every second of our consciousness we fight against the other until we both black out of exhaustion but as soon as one of us wakes up again, we continue all over... sometimes it is even a wonder that we remember to eat and drink.

***

Damn it! He won't back down! I think his swords have gotten stronger since the last time... My arm starts hurting... I can almost... no... don't...!

***

I saw this coming. I really did. It happens every time.

It starts with a few crackles that are really inaudible over the sizzling noise of our forces but it becomes louder the longer we scratch at each other's defenses. I feel the strength of my crossed swords fading as I see the alloy on his arm getting brittle.

***

Damn it, not again!!! Why does it always have to happen? Why can't my Alter outrun his? Chikusho!

I push a little further, in the hopes that only this once my arm is stronger than his swords, but no way. In a sickening sound of any material breaking the alloy on my arm starts to disintegrate. And the shockwave of that impact takes over my whole shell, breaking it apart to the last fiber.

***

Something is not as it used to be. Our alloys break easier than usual. Usually it takes a few more attacks like this one to break our entire shells apart but this time they just break apart... as if they were made of sand.

What the hell is going on here?!

***

DAMN IT! DAMN IT!! DAMN IT!!!

"TEEEMEEEE!!" is all I can say as my tutelary shell breaks completely and I fall unstoppable into Ryuhou's arms as gravity takes over.

***

Cursing under my breath as my swords break apart, all I notice is how he yells something and within the blink of an eye that seems like hours to me, his Alter cracks up into thousand little pieces, leaving only a few golden and orange splinters everywhere around his body.

And as I notice that my Alter broke up in the same way I don't have the any time to yell something back. Hid impact on me pushes every bit of air out of my lungs and I fall down on my back, overwhelmed by his momentum.

... Why the hell is he sitting on me again?!

***

"Kuso!" I swear as both of our protective shells a re gone and he's lying in the dirt, where he belongs.

He isn't able to move much as I pin him down even without the strength that I get from my Alter. I swing, I aim and I hit him right across the face with my now human fist. His head jerks to the left and with a satisfied grin I notice how a trickle of blood falls from the corner of his mouth.

I laugh down on him, but only until he shoves his fingers right under my already bruised rips.

***

He yelps in pain and wraps his arms around his torso in some kind of self-protective reflex. With his power not anymore dangerous to me right now, I grab my chance and whirl us both around, so that now I am on top of him.

I know it's lame, but I hit him right across the face with my fist, copying his bad but effective tactic.

***

I growl like a wounded animal, glaring up at him, before my head whips to the side.

Well, I am wounded and lived only on my instincts for the last... past years from what I can tell. But like a proud animal I will never back down! Not even now as I am almost defenseless.

With a primal growl I whirl us around again. I've been lying in the dirt way too often; he deserves it more than I with his HOLY ass!

I put all my anger into the next few blows that hit his face.

***

I do not fight back anymore as a rain of fists falls down on my face, bruising every square inch of it, but I don't care. I will have my revenge for that tomorrow, even if I won't be able to look out of the swollen lids of my eyes.

***

What would Kanami-chan think if she saw me like this? Hitting her precious `Ryouhou-san´ right across his beautiful face, again and again, an unstoppable staccato until his cheeks are red and bruised.

I didn't count how many times I whipped his head from one side to the other when my hands start to feel numb, a feeling that slowly creeps up both my arms. It's not me who's hitting him anymore; it's only my body, a mere reaction to his presence.

It cannot be me...

Because I've fallen unconscious.

***

His blows slow down, they're loosing their power as if only his vegetative nervous system that's in control. It would be easy to dodge his fists but the glances I can get at him tell me that he wouldn't notice it, that he would continue to hit where he thinks my head is. So I wait until he loses consciousness completely and slacks down on me.

Great. Now he's burying me with his body.

...

How can he sleep on the body of his enemy, defenseless and... trusting like this? I know he's insane, but this tops even his carelessness. Fine, so I trust him as well not to turn his back on me when we go and face *our* enemies, but *he* is still *my* enemy!

...

I wonder if he dreams.

Which is strange, because I don't even know if *I* dream. Does he dream of Kanami? Sometimes I feel as if she is the only link that is between us... and the urge to protect her.

That reminds me... I haven't seen her in quite a long time... What does she look like now? How much time has passed?

Staring up at the sky, musing about my life I barely notice how his breathing becomes weaker and fades out completely eventually. I don't even feel his heart beating against my chest anymore through the layers of clothes that are between us. It feels like some lifeless doll is lying heavily upon me, suffocating me with its sheer weight.

Without second though I start to shake him, trying to wake him up but he doesn't respond. Shakily my hand reaches up to his throat, searching for that powerful artery that will show me if he's still alive.

My worst assumptions become true as even that part of him stays quiet.

I feel a panic rising in me as I turn his limp form around; force him to lie on his back.

"You won't die by any other cause than *my* hands!" I yell, as I start resuscitations, massaging his heart through rips that I broke myself.

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... Breathe!

With less disgust than I expected I press my mouth to his and exhale deeply, blowing much needed air into lungs that stopped working on their own.

Don't die on me... not until we finished this fight!

I keep repeating these actions over and over again, seeming like an eternity to me. Pressing down n his heart, trying to get it to beat again, pressing my lips to his, forcing him to breathe.

I don't know how long I've been like this, but it was too long for my taste. I had almost given up hope that he would ever breathe again when I pressed my lips down to his in one last attempt to stop him from dieing.

***

Suddenly... everything is alive around me again.

I feel like I'm coming back from dark place into the warmth of life... I think.

I try to figure out where I am as I feel lips on mine. My urge to blink is interrupted by my inability to move.

Why?

Oh... I know. That bastard killed me and now I am in heaven. Heh. And I bet the one who's kissing me is one of the devil's beautiful slaves with big soft pouty lips, big soft breasts and a big soft... Nah, not my kind. I like them skinny, but with the right proportions.

I think it wasn't much time that passed when I started to feel the devil's slave-girl's lips on mine and when I felt my senses coming back to me. So as I feel her moving away to do... I don't know what I grab the back of her head forcibly and guide her back down, sucking in the air that comes out of her mouth in a surprised gasp.

Hah! Bet'cha didn't think I could already move, ne? But Kazuma, the Shell Bullet is faster than you think!

***

What the...!?!

THAT wasn't supposed to happen.

I'd expected anything... well, I expected him to still lie there without a move when I tried to pull away but instead I find myself in a grip that I couldn't get away from, no matter how hard I struggle.

So what do you do if you can't back away from your enemy?

Move forward.

***

Oh, slave-girl is kissing back. I grin and pull her a little closer, forcing my tongue into her mouth and feel her gasp again.

Damn, I have to tell the devil he should get some slave-girls with higher voices. This one has a voice like a man.

But anyways, she kisses good.

***

It surprised me just enough to gasp when I felt him taking over the kiss, shoving his tongue forcefully into my mouth. But some strange part of my is enjoying this and makes me close my eyes with a sigh.

He kisses likes he fights, always straight forward, no sneaking around each other, just a very rough kiss. I wonder what he thinks though, as I am quite sure he doesn't realize it's me who he kisses. Still...

Somehow I am reminded of Shireece. Though I don't know why.

***

Damn, she's a good kisser!

This is just how I imagine a perfect kiss to be, rough, deep and serious, with both giving all that they got. Just like in the fights I loved most. He fights like that girl kisses. Just like me.

Carefully I peek one eye open to see how the devil's girls look like.

But all I see is a calm face surrounded by a carpet of long dark, greenish hair.

***

He opened his good eye. What does he see? Does he see me, his arch-enemy kissing him deeply?

Just by the way I am thinking this it sounds ridiculous to me. Who had started this... kissing? It certainly wasn't me. I just... pressed my lips to his. To make him breathe again... to revive him...

Why?

***

Who ever said that paradise was in heaven was fucking wrong!

THIS is paradise, kissing that green-haired slave-girl like fighting with Ryuhou!

Wait, did I just say `Ryuhou´ and `paradise´ in one sentence without any negation? Kuso!

***

Before this can get any further, and I know it would, I pull away and open my eyes again, moving to sit on my heels next to him. I can feel that he doesn't want to let go, but I think he put too much energy into that kiss and he was weakened before so he isn't in the condition to hold me back.

I can see how his eyes gets very wide as he suddenly realizes who I am.

"You!"

***

I don't believe it! I kissed Ryuhou!! The man I hate more than.... anything!!! CHIKUSHO!!!!

I try to sit up with a start, but all I manage is a groan, which makes me even more furious. So I sit up a little slower but still glare at that bastard, before spitting out demonstratively, wiping my mouth.

"What the FUCK was that? Did all your tactics fail so you have to freak me out with that... that kiss?!?"

***

I only manage to glare back for a while as that leaves me speechless.

"Kisama! Don't assume that I would anything that *your* freaky mind comes up with! It was *you* who started it!"

I snort, clenching my fists on my upper thighs in anger.

"*I* was just trying to bring you back to life!"

***

I blink, honestly surprised, the kiss forgotten for a moment.

"Why?"

He snorts, looking away.

"That's a question I asked myself more than you can count while you were out cold! Why should I care about such an idiot like you?"

"I dunno! I just want to know why I just kissed you!!" I yell back.

"That something *I* want to know as well!!" he snaps.

I stare at him bewildered. He sounds hurt... more hurt than I ever saw him. I guess he's right... I remember that I started it...

"I thought... you were... adevilsslavegirl!"

***

What did he just say?

"I beg you pardon? A what?"

The only answer I get is a low grumble. I guess he just said I understood it well enough.

I did, but I won't believe my ears.

"How could you think I was a *girl*?!?"

***

"Well, I though I died and was in hell, so there", I say with a malicious grin. "And since I was such a bad guy in my life I know that the devil would reward me with a sweet slave-girl of my own."

If I wasn't sure that this wouldn't work I'd be sure to see Ryuhou sweatdropping.

"Baka."

"Yeah."

***

Mistaking me as a girl... how the hell can he? I think I hit him too hard on the head.

Staring down on my knees and my still clutched fists I realize that I never want our fight to stop.

"Don't ever do that again."

***

I laugh sheepishly.

"Sure, next time I'll open my eyes when I think that I am kissing one of my rewards."

"Kisama! I didn't mean that!"

"Not? What did you mean then?"

I can see him fidgeting where he sits, visibly uncomfortable with the whole situation. Hell, as if *I* felt happy with this situation!

"Don't you ever dare to die again on your own!"

If I could, I would open my right eye to stare at him in shock.

I... I died?

H...How?

And... he was worried about me...

What. The. Fuck!?

I must have said that out loud because he looks at me equally shocked. So I have a bad manner. I am tempted to stick out my tongue at him but I think I had enough action of tongues today.

"Do you *think* I want to die without knowing that I will meet you in hell where we belong? No way! And if I have to kiss you a thousand times, Kazuma the Shell Bullet will never die of dotage!"

His usually forced expression becomes soft and I am shocked yet again to see a small smile creep upon his elegant features.

And in this very moment I realize that I never saw him smile before.

***

His eye becomes wide in surprise as I start to feel a tremendous rock falling from my heart. A simple statement from him makes my grief vanish a little.

I move to stand on my feet, batting the dirt away from my clothes. Then I offer him a hand to help him up.

Hesitating a bit, he finally decides that he is too weak to stand up on his own and takes my hand, pulling himself up most of the way.

"Didn't you mean kill?" I asked with the slightest amusement as we finally stand eye to eye.

"No, I meant kiss. I would kill you any day but kissing you freaks me out," he snaps back with a smirk.

I raise an eyebrow, not able to stop that tiny grin. "You sure didn't act like that just a moment ago."

"Teeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

--------------------------------------------------

May have a sequel... tell me what you think, I'd like to write more. ^^;