Sage Frontier Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of two Fakes! ❯ A new Form! Aubergine the Master! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own SaGa Frontier. SquareSoft does.
 
Red now stood on the balcony of one of the upper offices of the CIC building, Alkaiser's armor gleaming in the sunlight and Rouge glaring at him from across the balcony. Rouge's eyes were burning with red, and near the door sat an unconscious Blue, his hair tie undone and his hair covering his face. Red shivered, not just from the wind that blew from being so high up, but from the anger he could feel in Rouge's voice. He backed up a little, but Rouge kept their distance minimal.
 
"Rouge, please, calm down," Red said, holding his hands up and hoping that would show Rouge he didn't want to fight, "Alkaiser isn't here anymore. I'm in control and I said we should rest." Rouge, however, just didn't seem to have even heard what was being said.
 
"You almost killed my own brother," Rouge growled, lifting his arms up, "And now I'm going to kill you." The wind blew even more fiercely than before, and it all seemed to be coming from Rouge himself. Lightning flashed behind him, striking his hands. But he didn't react in pain. He simply laughed and threw the lightning back at Red, who narrowly avoided it.
 
"Whoa! Rouge, stop!" Red yelled, as he ducked under another lightning bolt, "I'm sorry! I tried to keep him out! But you can't summon this much power! GEH!" Red had to roll to avoid a large boulder that Rouge seemed to have magically conjured out of nothing, and it smashed into the railing, breaking it to pieces. Taking advantage of Red's pause to recover, Rouge threw another lightning bolt. Red practically danced to get out of its way, and it broke one of the windows. Red panted, but knew he couldn't stop moving. But at that moment, Rouge stopped throwing his magic. Obviously, seeing Red run away wasn't amusing anymore.
 
"Why are you trying to get me to stop?" Rouge asked darkly, as the winds slowly died down. He allowed Red to catch his breath before forcing an answer. Red sat down as Rouge continued, "Are you afraid of me? Or is it a trick?" Red shook his head.
 
"Neither. I'm trying to stop you," Red began, panting again to catch another breath of cold air, "So you don't hurt Blue. What happens if you're the one who kills him?" Rouge lowered his hands, and his eyes returned to their normal, blue color. He looked over at Blue. Blue was still unconscious, but Rouge could hear him telling him that what he was doing wasn't right. Rouge looked down.
 
"I don't know... I didn't think about that risk," Rouge replied quietly, "It's just that Alkaiser didn't even seem to care that he was endangering Blue. What kind of hero acts like that?" Red sighed, and got to his feet. He walked over and patted Rouge on the shoulder, leading him to a part of the railing that was still sturdy and unharmed. Rouge leaned on it, but said nothing more. Red leaned next to him.
 
"Alkaiser and I are two different parts," Red explained, "I'm the human part, the part that has actual feelings and emotions. Alkaiser, well... he's not human. He's simply the part of me that wants to be a hero. To save as many people as possible, no matter what the risk is. Unfortunately, I'm the side with the ability to care if someone's already in danger. All Alkaiser can do is weigh which deed is more important. And to him, saving a city was more important than saving one person." Rouge looked over the railing to the road far down below. From up here, he could see nothing except a small gray strip. He didn't want to enlist Alkaiser anymore, not after what Red said. But did he even have a choice?
 
"Is that what he means by 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?" Rouge asked, though he didn't look over at Red. Red nodded.
 
"Yeah. It's a saying all heroes need to memorize," Red explained, "It's a good sentiment if you have no one in the world to care about. But I don't like how the heroes think at all. They don't appear to care if you agree with them or not, as long as they benefit their own cause. I used to think differently." Rouge finally looked over at Red, arching a confused eyebrow.
 
"What made you change your way?" Rouge asked. Red laughed.
 
"Black X actually helped me see that, believe it or not," Red admitted, "He was right when he said I didn't have a choice as to who I was. Alkarl made me a hero. I used to think it was because I was meant to do something, but now I see it was to simply stop Black X. Yeah, I wanted to get him for kidnapping my family, but I didn't want to lose my life in the process. I'm always worrying if Alkaiser will take over and do something like that to someone. To make them something they don't want to be." Rouge bit his lip, feeling bad for getting so upset. It wasn't Red's fault that Blue was like this. Red didn't have a choice, and Rouge was sure he had a hard time controlling Alkaiser.
 
"Is there a way to separate you and Alkaiser?" Rouge asked, but Red shook his head.
 
"No. I tried to ask Alkarl, but he said that this is who I am now," Red replied, almost bitterly, "I mean, I like helping people, but Alkaiser takes it too far. I've gotten better at telling him what to do, that's what the button was for. But now without it..." Rouge blinked, his eyes wide. Red hadn't fixed the button at all. That was why Alkaiser had come quickly.
 
"You couldn't fix the button!?" Rouge cried, alarmed. Red nodded grimly and showed Rouge the parts he kept in his pocket.
 
"Nope. It's smashed beyond repair," Red replied, "The internal computer chip is cracked and the data inside can't be recovered. When I smashed it, I must've stomped on the chip." Rouge looked at the broken parts. The plastic wasn't a worry, but he saw that the chip Red mentioned was definitely destroyed. It wasn't just cracked, it was broken. And both Blue and Fuse said that once anything mechanical is broken, chances are it couldn't be fixed.
 
"After this, maybe we can see if anyone in Nakajima Robotics could help," Rouge suggested, as Red put the button away, "They might have another chip you could use, and I know they can easily repair your button." Red seemed to be considering this, and finally nodded his head in agreement. A new button would help, but right now they had more important things to do.
 
"Sure. I'm pretty sure I'll be fired, anyway, so I'll have lots of free time," Red commented, as he went to pick Blue up, "Thankfully, I'm crossed between being in Alkaiser's suit and having my own personality intact. I have his strength, so we can get up to Anita if you want. In any case, we can't stay here forever." Rouge helped Red get Blue onto his shoulders, and then agreed that they should head up again. There was a ladder going upwards, so they took that instead of running up the wall. Red knew Blue needed to be stable, and running up a wall wasn't the way to do so. Rouge let Red get ahead on the ladder before climbing up himself, but he had this sick feeling as he climbed. Was he scared?
 
"Red, how big is the CIC building, anyway?" Rouge asked, shutting the feeling out of his mind and focusing on the ladder. Red, who was higher up, barely heard the question, but answered.
 
"About 40 floors. We should be getting pretty close to the top," Red answered, though his voice was strained with the effort he actually needed to keep Blue up. Maybe he hadn't received Alkaiser's strength. Down below, Rouge simply kept quiet after that. Now that he thought about it, they never actually had a plan as to what they'd do once they reached the top. If Anita wasn't there, they'd have to go inside again and look for her. With her robotic goons swarming around, Rouge really disliked that idea. But if Anita was up there, they'd be one man short, and that man was their strongest force right now. Rouge shivered, as every idea seemed bad without Blue around to help them out.
 
"No, I can't keep relying on Blue," Rouge told himself sternly as he continued his climb, "I'm an adult too. I can't make Blue hold my hand through every little obstacle I find. He's in no condition to do anything. I need to stop Anita without him." As Rouge finished his self-imposed lecture, he realized just how much Blue had actually helped him before. Even during their own battle, inside that magical chamber, Blue couldn't bring himself to kill Rouge. Rouge was willing to destroy him, but didn't only because Blue said there was another way. And now he realized that he really didn't want to do anything because Blue always found a safe way. Rouge closed his eyes as he continued climbing. He could hear that Red had already reached the rooftop, he could hear the wind roaring, and he could hear Red setting Blue down, but they sounded muffled as he tried to concentrate on his thoughts. He wanted to be stronger. And he would be. He'd force himself to be. Rouge kept thinking that until his hand felt not the metal rung, but brick. He opened his eyes and saw that he had made it to the rooftop as well. He pulled himself up and saw Blue sitting off to the side, supported by the lip of the roof. Red was observing the scene.
 
"Do you see anything?" Rouge asked, as he walked over to Blue to make sure he was all right. Red turned around and shook his head.
 
"No. Anita's not up here," Red replied, walking over to help Rouge, "And you can definitely see the smog down below. Maybe the disease isn't coming from CIC at all." Seeing as how he was patching Blue up, Rouge didn't answer right away. But he knew CIC was involved. He and Blue had felt their magic coming back as they climbed through. As soon as he had bandaged Blue's hand up and gotten some potions into him, Rouge leaned Blue back onto the lip and glanced at Red again.
 
"It's definitely from CIC. When Blue and I were running up the stairs to another floor, we could slowly feel our magic, the power that the disease locked out, returning to us," Rouge explained, "And we found traces of radiation in the lower floors. Blue said radiation has some pretty weird effects, and he's sure that's what's causing everyone to get so sick. It nearly mesmerized us." Red looked skeptical as Rouge explained what happened, but there were no other leads for them to follow. Either way, they needed to be at CIC. Red simply nodded as Rouge finished the story.
 
"Well, that's good, at least. You'll be able to use your magic on Anita," Red stated, turning and looking over the horizon. From how high they were, they could see that the sun was about ready to set. It must've been close to 5 PM.
 
"That's assuming we can be faster and smarter than she is," Rouge replied grimly, "Blue's recovering, but I'm not sure he can battle. If he can't, I'll be the sole mage. And though I hate to admit it, Blue's stronger than I am. I traded some strength for the ability to sniff out different magical scents. I'm guessing Blue didn't realize the choice and lost it automatically when he gained his first set of magic outside of Realm." Red blinked, and turned to Rouge.
 
"You mean you didn't learn any other magic?" he asked. Rouge shook his head.
 
"No. Didn't you wonder why I kept using those little magical crystals on Blue and not actual spells?" Rouge asked, arching an eyebrow, "If he found out then and there that I hadn't actually learned any other magic, he might've taken pity on me. And nothing's worse for either magician in question than pity." Red didn't blame Rouge there. Nothing was worse for anyone than pity. He waited for Rouge to continue, but Rouge didn't say anything more. He just looked distantly into the setting sun and orange sky. He was worried about Blue, no doubt, and Red guessed he also felt partly guilty about it, too.
 
"So how long until Blue wakes up?" Red asked, trying to change the grim subject. Rouge glanced over at his incapacitated brother and shrugged.
 
"With any luck, less than an hour," Rouge replied, turning his gaze right back into the sky, "I tried using a Starlight Heal to help him, but since I don't have the "gift" for it, it probably didn't do much to help him. Geh, sometimes I wish I didn't come from the Magic Kingdom. It's not like I can go back there, anyway." Rouge stuffed his hands into his pockets, and Red watched him as he paced around for a bit, ranting, "What's the point of being a magician, anyway? Other people can use magic without those gifts, but if you're unlucky, like us, you need to actually learn the gifts before you can do diddly-squat. It's like a handicap more than it is a blessing." Red kept silent. He didn't know what to say to help Rouge. He wasn't a magician, and he was born in Shrike. Though he was a superhero, he was still a regular person at heart. Rouge and Blue just weren't.
 
"Sure, it wouldn't be so bad if mom and dad were actually around for our childhood, but we were raised by teachers and masters. We always had to study, even more than the other little brats running around the kingdom," Rouge continued, "And for what? To lose our senses or be stunted in magic? Blue always thought of work like a chore. It had to be done, in his mind. That's why he studies so hard, but look where it gets him. We can't hold normal jobs, we can't talk about anything trivial because we study so much, and the only girl Blue attracted is a Mystic. If the masters could see what happened to us, I'd make sure to kick one of them where the sun doesn't shine for it." Red remained silent, though inside he was laughing at how bitter Rouge was becoming as he remembered the Magic Kingdom. Out of the corner of his eye, Red saw something sit up, but didn't say anything about it. He might've only been seeing things, until that something actually spoke.
 
"Do you really believe that, Rouge?" that voice belonged to Blue, who was working on standing up. He needed to hold onto the railing to maintain his balance, and his hair was dangling in his face. The sight would've been horrifying, if Rouge weren't so happy to see him up and about.
 
"Blue! You're okay!" Rouge exclaimed, running over and hugging Blue, "And yes, I really believe that. Why shouldn't I, Blue? They said it themselves, they made a mistake with us." Blue smiled and patted Rouge on the head, as though he were a young child, but his voice remained firm as he spoke.
 
"That's why they let us leave the kingdom," Blue replied, "They didn't banish us like you think. But they knew that once we saw the real world, a world outside of magic, that we'd never want to go back to the rigorous study." Rouge nodded, and let go of Blue.
 
"But you still study all the time," Rouge stated simply, frowning. Blue chuckled. Rouge had a point. He did spend many of his nights in his room, reading magical tomes.
 
"I like to study, Rouge," Blue replied just as simply, "I don't just study magic, though. I study about the world, history, culture, art, all sorts of things. Ever since we were kids, I liked books. I don't study for them. Truth is, I never have. That's why I'm not angry with them. I never actually did anything for them, including facing you. I did that because I wanted to see if I could best my own brother. Not to fulfill some stupid prophecy they made up." Rouge's smile returned as Blue spoke, admiring him for actually going against whatever they've known all these years. Maybe letting him live wasn't a mistake like he'd first thought. After all, Rouge also wasn't willing to kill Blue. He let go of Blue, and looked at those blue eyes that were identical to his own.
 
"So then, did you hear anything before that?" Rouge asked. Blue nodded.
 
"Yes, I did," Blue replied, crossing his arms sternly, "Can't say I blame you, but that's a dangerous move, Rouge. Why didn't you tell me this before? I could've helped you, and you would've been able to help as you'd wanted." Rouge shrugged, and sat down on the ground, sighing. In truth, he himself didn't know why he'd keep that from Blue. He wasn't ashamed, and he didn't care much for their masters. To them, he and Blue were simply experiments and students, not actual people.
 
"I guess I didn't think it was overly important," Rouge finally answered, when the truth still didn't get to him, "I mean, I do have Realm Magic, and I've mastered all its spells, so I guess I depended on it to get me through everything. But now, after seeing you unconscious, I suppose I'm just worried about not being able to stop Anita." Blue gave a half-smile, as though he didn't know whether to share Rouge's worry or to simply encourage him. But they both knew now wasn't the time for having doubts. Blue simply patted Rouge's shoulder.
 
"We'll stop her, Rouge," Blue assured, "I've mastered a lot of magics, and I'm sure one of them can heal us if we need it. Besides, who says we need to necessarily fight her? In my unconscious stupor, I had the time to think this through, and what if there's a way to bypass fighting?" Rouge tilted his head, interested in Blue's idea. Red was busy staring off to something unseen, but neither Blue nor Rouge noticed this as they continued to plan ahead.
 
"What kind of way are we talking here?" Rouge asked, raising a skeptical brow, "I don't think she's a 'strike a deal' type of person, especially since we ruined her plan and stopped the cargo from getting here." Blue snickered, and shook his head with amusement. Rouge was right, technically, but Blue was diplomatic and smooth with words when it came to it. Many a time, he bribed and bargained his way out of problems, and now he was happy to tell Rouge that... except that he didn't as he explained further.
 
"She won't take a deal," Blue confirmed, "This is true. This is very true, Rouge, but she WILL take blackmail and a bribe."
 
"Oooooh! Sneaky!" Rouge exclaimed, clapping, "Are we going to threaten her, then?" Blue shook his head once again.
 
"No. At least not with a death threat," Blue replied, making Rouge slump sadly, "We'll save that for later. First, we'll try using IRPO. We already have the reports and proof that she's been controlling the Cygnus for a while, so if we threaten to send these to Fuse, she may just be willing to stop whatever she's planning." Rouge's eyebrow went up again. He didn't like that plan. Anita must've known about the reports, and Rouge was sure she had some form of immunity from the law if she could manage this under their noses.
 
"I don't know, Blue. I'm not so sure that'll work," Rouge stated bluntly, "She's been doing this for a while, it seems. What if she's got some sort of way to keep IRPO from finding this? Our threat won't mean much if she does." Blue stroked his chin, thinking of some other way to halt Anita's plans, whatever they were. But nothing would come to him that didn't involve fighting. Finally, Blue threw his hands up in frustration.
 
"What can we do then?" Blue asked, exasperated. Rouge opened his mouth to speak, but Red finally beat him to it. And he sounded very afraid of something. Whatever he was looking at couldn't be a good thing.
 
"Running might be an excellent idea," Red said slowly, and both brothers turned to face him. He was pale, and Alkaiser's armor had completely vanished.
 
"What's wrong?" Rouge asked, as Blue followed his gaze. Red pointed to what he had previously been looking at. As both brothers looked, they screamed. There, on the lip and hanging off the rooftop was a giant spider. Exactly 50 feet high, with eight spindly, hairy legs, with a woman's head on its hairy neck, it stared at them with its black, vacuous eyes. Blue could feel his magic being sucked away just staring at them.
 
"What the hell is that!?" Blue asked, unable to find another way of asking. Rouge was shivering, too frozen in fear to respond. Red stepped back and had his hand on the hilt of his sword. Blue moved to get his gun until he remembered he didn't have it. He cursed, but didn't prepare a spell until he knew what they were facing. The spider-creature clicked two of its legs and answered him.
 
"Greetings, gentlemen," she hissed, moving onto the rooftop just enough for her spider body to fit, "I am Anita Campbell. I do believe you have an appointment with me? Though, I am impressed you were able to beat my life-depleting mist and security force." Rouge and Blue looked at each other, very concerned. Though they were away from the mist, the people below weren't. Many lives were in severe danger.
 
"Life-depleting... So you were behind this!" Rouge yelled, pointing at the large beast, "You're poisoning everyone! That's why you needed the metal from the Cygnus, wasn't it? To conduct the radiation like a lightning-rod!" Blue clenched his teeth and let out an angry growl. Anita, however, just smiled and clicked her two front legs together again, obviously her way of clapping. No one took it as a compliment.
 
"Very good! You ARE a smart little magician!" Anita applauded, narrowing her eyes, "I must say, I didn't think little slugs like you could possibly have found out what I've been doing. Now tell me, how do you plan to tell anyone about this after being ripped apart?" Before anyone could react, Anita leapt into the air. Blue, Rouge, and Red scattered from their positions as she crashed into the middle of the roof, spreading dust around everywhere. Neither Rouge nor Red hesitated as they drew their weapons. Blue closed his eyes and focused on casting Vermillion Sand. Rouge jumped in front of him to attack and protect Blue as he prepared the spell, but the bullet simply clinked off of Anita's hide.
 
"Please tell me physical attacks work!" Rouge cried, when Red's attack did absolutely nothing. Red, who landed next to Rouge, sighed and wiped his forehead, which was covered in sweat.
 
"I don't think they do," Red replied grimly, as he avoided a slash from one of Anita's legs, "Her defense is too high." Anita reared up for another attack, when three giant boulders slammed into her, and then shattered into sand, slowing down time for just a minute. Through some unseen force, the sand heaved Anita high into the air and out of sight. Blue kept his eyes closed, willing the sand to bring her higher and higher up. Rouge lowered his gun, raising a very confused eyebrow.
 
"Blue, where the hell did she go?" Rouge asked, though his voice was a bit higher than normal and he sounded scared. Blue opened one eye slightly, but didn't break his concentration. He didn't dare to, and Rouge knew that.
 
"Wait for it," Blue answered sternly, and threw his hands up. At first, it didn't seem like Anita would be coming back any time soon, but then both Red and Rouge heard a loud roaring of wind, like a plane slicing through the air, and Anita's large spider body became visible as it plunged toward them. Red jumped back as Rouge pulled Blue with him to safety. Anita crashed mercilessly into the ceiling, spraying everyone with a fine dusty mist. Blue finally opened his eyes and smiled at the results. Anita didn't move, at least, not at first.
 
"Is she dead?" Red asked, carefully walking over in case she stirred, "Oh, she has to be dead! There's no way she could've survived that, is there?" He looked over at the two twins, but neither answered. Blue leaned against the railing to catch his breath as Rouge came over to investigate. Anita definitely seemed at least a little paralyzed, but the fight seemed way too easy to Rouge. He had a feeling something wasn't right.
 
"I've never seen any spell have so much power generated into it," Rouge whispered, impressed, "Whatever you did, bro, she's not moving." Rouge turned around and gave the thumbs-up to Blue, who smiled and waved in response. Rouge gave a proud laugh, but just as he was about to walk away, a spidery leg sprung up, twitching. Red was too busy looking to see if the mist had dissipated, but Blue caught it. He gasped, and Rouge looked at him with alarm.
 
"Blue, what's wr..."
 
"Rouge, look out!" Before Rouge could even understand what was going on, Blue was charging towards him and pushing him out of the way. The spidery claw came slamming down and slashed Blue across the back, causing Blue to let out an agonizing scream and fall to the floor, blood spilling everywhere. Rouge heard someone somewhere screaming, and then realized the screaming was coming from himself. Red had seen, but he seemed so far away. All Rouge could see was Blue, and he was in terrible pain. Rouge could feel his fury rising, the sight of his brother slowly dying filling his mind. Suddenly, his eyes flashed red again, and his hair billowed in an unseen wind. He glared at Anita, who had begun to pick herself up, though her legs seemed to be having trouble supporting her body. Red was inching away, trying to reach the rooftop door. Rouge didn't care, though. Red was not his target, and Red would find help... maybe. Right now, all Rouge wanted was to kill Anita.
 
"Oh shit," Red cursed, backing away, "Rouge's gone into his insane mode again. I just hope he doesn't think I'm against him, too." Red seemed hesitant to move forward, as though Rouge might look back and decide to kill him, but Rouge's glaring gaze never left Anita. He continued to stare her down, even as Red pulled on the heavy iron door. Anita, seeing this as well, knew what he would do. He was going to get help. She aimed a leg at him and shot out a sticky ooze to trap him, but Rouge slammed an Energy Chain into the web before it hit and made it burst into intense fire. Anita whipped her leg away.
 
"So now without your brother, you'll finally put up a fight?" Anita asked, her voice an angry hiss of a snake, "What kind of cop are you?" Rouge's eyes turned into a deeper red, but he didn't smile and his eyes didn't flicker. He didn't even move a muscle, save his mouth for speaking.
 
"The kind that will kill you and make sure you burn in hell," Rouge replied darkly, "For not only endangering the lives of thousands for your meaningless experiments, but for my brother as well. He's the reason I'm still alive. I owe it to him to kick your ass.” He glanced at Red again, willing him to go and get help. Red nodded, and opened the large door, running through it. Anita went to shoot another blast of web-string at Red, but Rouge set it on fire again. Anita hissed angrily.
 
“You're becoming annoying!” she exclaimed angrily. Rouge still didn't smile, as he summoned another Energy Chain. This time, his whole body glowed a luminous blue to match the hues of his spell. Anita could feel the power in him, but it didn't scare her. Not yet, anyway.
 
“Then let's end this. I'd hate to keep pestering you like this,” Rouge replied emotionlessly, “Because it'd only stall my ability to kill you.” Anita's eyes narrowed. How DARE a little ingrate like that go against her. That thought flew through her mind along with the thought of ripping Rouge limb from limb. Then she'd go and finish Blue off. She looked down at the motionless figure that was Blue. She could kill him right now, in one hit. Rouge's slits narrowed.
 
“Don't you dare,” he growled, averting her attention with his spell. Anita's head snapped from Blue to her front leg, where the spell slammed into it. She screamed, and took her leg away. It was burned, and paralyzed. Rouge finally smiled, a dark smile. One that he hadn't worn since he first faced Blue. Back then, he only used it to scare his opponents. But now, he planned to force Anita's hand with such a look, the look that said that even if she killed Rouge, she'd still lose. Anita hated that look.
 
“Stop smirking, you disgusting little maggot,” she spat, scowling deeply. But Rouge's smirk didn't fade. In fact, it grew. His hand glowed green, as did Blue's body. Rouge closed his eyes, and focused. He could hear an odd whirring sound, but ignored it. Finally, silence took over. He opened his eyes, but he was no longer the same person. He saw his own body on the ground, and looked at the glass near it. Though he was still Rouge, he had Blue's hairstyle. His robes were purple, and his eyes were two different hues of blue. He had fused with Blue, despite their condition in battle. Anita gasped, horrified at what she saw. The strength that poured off of Rouge was now immeasurable. Though Rouge's dark smirk was gone, it was replaced with a serene, quiet frown. One that you'd see on a disappointed angel. Rouge spoke, but it was Blue's voice that came from inside of him.
 
“Anita,” he said, and the wind calmed with every syllable he spoke, “With our combined power, we have become one. Now you will face The Master Aubergine.” Anita tried to back away, as she now realized she wouldn't win. But two of her legs had broken from the fall she took, and another was burned from Rouge's spell. She didn't budge. Aubergine approached, holding out his hand. A ball of light appeared, and grew with each step he took. Anita shivered and twitched, but was unable to move. Her legs wouldn't obey her command to slash at Aubergine. He didn't smile, and there was little emotion as he spoke his next few words.
 
“Prepare to die.”
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
Well, now that Anita has appeared, things certainly looked grim for our heroes. But with Blue and Rouge now fused into their intended form, Aubergine, can he be enough to stop Anita? What will happen to the twins that we love so much? How can they explain what happened to Fuse? And can Red find the help Blue needs if they de-fuse? Find out the answers next chapter, so click that Review button!