Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crash Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Sabers ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part Twelve
 
Haruka gave Usagi a impish look, the four of them striding along the street in a protective team. "You know," the sandy haired young woman noted, "people are going to think we're Rei's groupies, or something."
 
"I do not have groupies," Rei growled, disregarding the young men and not a few women who had been cheering her band only a few minutes ago.
 
"Oh I don't know," Michiru said mildly, her long green hair glimmering, "I was in the crowd when that girl threw her panties on the stage for you."
 
Rei blushed even as Usagi smiled. Still the tall blonde stepped in to help Rei, "It could have been for one of her bandmates."
 
"Even if she yelled 'Rei-sama' when she threw it?" Haruka asked.
 
"Just leave it alone," Rei sighed. The black haired rocker had a faint blush on her cheeks, trying to walk forward as casually as possible.
 
"So how long have you known Rei?" Usagi asked Haruka and Michiru, the AD police officer studying the two curiously.
 
"Not long," Michiru suddenly threw her arms around the startled Rei, "We're her groupies!"
 
"Michiru," Haruka rolled her eyes as Rei struggled in her grip. Meeting Usagi's gaze she simply said, "We met her not long ago, actually."
 
'Good,' Usagi thought, glad that the charming blonde wasn't competition for Rei. Of course the thoughtful looks that Haruka were giving her were making Usagi a bit nervous, too. "Well, it's nice to meet you," she said.
 
"Likewise," Haruka nearly purred.
 
Michiru looked amused, keeping a firm grip on Rei. "Do you think I could trade her in for you?" she asked Rei impishly.
 
"Somehow I don't think you're serious," Rei said wryly.
 
Usagi was about to say something when off in the distance there was a explosion! "Damn it," she scanned the horizon, seeing the spark of flames rising even as her cellphone rang. "Tsukino," she barked, stepping away from Rei and the others.
 
"I think we should excuse ourselves," Haruka said to Rei regretfully. She smiled, "I hope we'll see you in a few days."
 
"It was good to see you again," Michiru added, the two moving off down the street.
 
Rei waved good-bye casually even as she jerked slightly, her silenced cellphone vibrating slightly. "Yo," Rei flipped it open, somehow not surprised to see Ami.
 
"Are you alone?" Ami asked tersely. Stepping away a bit farther from Usagi Rei nodded and Ami continued, "There's a Bio-boomer on the rampage not far from Hot Legs, we're already on our way to pick you up."
 
Rei gave the street address she was standing at even as she said, "I've got Tsukino with me, I'll have to ditch her first."
 
"I'm sure you'll handle it," Ami said dryly before hanging up.
 
Usagi finished her phone call only a few moment's later, giving Rei an apologetic look, "Duty calls," she sighed, "I gotta go."
 
"I'm sure if you track the criminal as well as you seem to pretty girls," Rei said dryly, "you'll have things in hand in no time."
 
"Why thank you," Usagi surprised Rei with a smile. A bit more seriously she asked, "I'm going to get my bike, do you need a ride anywhere?"
 
Rei smiled back, touched by her concern. "Don't worry," she answered firmly, :"I have a friend coming to pick me up."
 
"Maybe someday we can actually talk," Usagi added as she jogged off, her long blonde hair flowing behind her in twin streams.
 
'Not if I can help it,' Rei thought, watching Usagi ride by a few moments later on her motorcycle. It wasn't long before the Silky Doll truck arrived, Minako behind the wheel and Makoto in the passenger side.
 
"This could be interesting," Makoto commented as the amazonian woman popped the door open to the back of the truck.
 
Rei smoothly climbed aboard the truck, nodding her acknowledgment to Ami Mizuno. The owner of the Silky Doll and de-facto leader of the Senshi Sabers was already armored, her icy blue suit suiting her thoughtful, remote expression. Her blue hair fell into her eyes, the helmet sitting beside her on the bench.
 
"What's the situation?" Rei asked, stripping her jacket off as she walked over to where her Hardsuit was mounted on the wall.
 
"It's going to be more dangerous," Ami commented as she turned her head. her eyes unwillingly lingering as Rei stripped "we've got a military model on the loose."
 
"I thought military models were banned in Japan?" Rei blinked, standing there in just her lacy bra and panties.
 
'I wonder if she got them at the Silky Doll?' Ami found herself wondering, a faint blush on her cheeks. "Officially they are," Ami kept her voice steady by force of will, "but may companies ship them in illegally for security purposes."
 
"Damn it," Rei cursed as she hit the switch to open up the armor's main body, climbing in and sliding the metal over her cool skin.
 
"There's an update from the AD Police," Minako yelled from up front, using a set of headphones to monitor the police communication nets, "sounds like they're not having much luck containing the Bio-boomer."
 
"Not surprising," Makoto commented, holding on to the dashboard as Minako executed a rough turn to avoid a police roadblock.
 
"Get us as close as you ca to the edge of the police perimeter," Ami ordered crisply, "then we'll get armored up and go in."
 
"Right," Minako grinned.
 
They pulled in behind a office building, not far from where the police sirens wailed, then they all finished armoring up. Rei lead the charge, her blood red suit gleaming as they bounded up to a rooftop to get a better view of the situation.
 
"Damn," Makoto murmured, her forest green armor shining in the twilight.
 
The Bio-boomer was a big one, nearly ten foot tall, it's body designed for heavy lifting. It's normally smooth form was angular with segments of metallic armor, alloy giving it a ominous look, as did the cannons grafted to it's back and at the ends of each heavily muscled arm.
 
"Minako, what can you tell us?" Ami asked, seemingly calm.
 
Minako's golden armor possessed the best sensors of the group, as well as a variety of other gear and she was an expert at using it. "The exoshell is heavy armor," she reported, "maybe even a titanium alloy. The weapons are shielded, sorry to say."
 
Rei nodded towards a boxy unit on it's back, "That almost looks like someone took a missile launcher and grafted it on."
 
"We'll have to be cautious doing this," Ami warned, "and the armor will make things more complicated. First we'll have to break through that, then go for heart crystal all while evading it's guns."
 
"There's not much we can plan," Makoto shrugged, "I go in to deal with it directly, my strength and cutting blades give me the best shot. Minako uses ECM and visual effects to distract it along with Rei and Ami."
 
"Oh no," Minako started.
 
"I don't see any better way," Makoto said firmly, looking towards her lover, "and I bet you don't either, m'love."
 
"She's right," Ami said firmly.
 
"Then let's go," Rei leapt off the side of the building, bringing her arm cannon up even as the Bio-boomer did. Before it could fire she shot a needle right down the barrel of her enemy's weapon, the delayed charge exploding inside.
 
With a flash the end of the Bio-boomer's arm exploded, fragments of metal and artificially generated flesh splattering outward, Shockingly the smoking stump began to regenerate almost immediately, a misshapen hand reforming where the gun had rested.
 
"Should we..." Naru asked, holding her gun at the ready among the AD Police officers.
 
Usagi hesitated, then the blonde haired officer shook her head. "Give them their shot," she said, "if we have to we can arrest the winner."
 
"Mistress..." the Bio-boomer hissed out through a deformed jaw, partially blocked by the laser cannon that had been installed there.. "nine!" The backpack opened, spewing missiles that rained down on the battlefield.
 
"Damn it," Minako cursed as she frantically jammed tracking systems an defused internal systems, rendering most of the missiles harmless.
 
Shrugging off a near miss Makoto ducked beneath a wild swing of her larger foe, electrically charged cables swinging out from her suit to slice at the armor. 'Did that thing say Mistress Nine?' she wondered eve as she swung up to break it's distended jaw.
 
'How did this thing get free,' Ami wondered as she swung her silver swords, the blades trailing supercold fluid, cutting into another arm with a unearthly grace, 'and do I really want to know?'
 
To be continued....