Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crash Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Sabers ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part Fourteen
 
The armored backpack on the military Bio-Boomer exploded, the missiles within detonating to stagger the creature. Makoto leap up on to it's back even as the other three raced in to restrain it, her gauntleted hands digging into morphing flesh. In a moment she found the heart crystal and crushed it, the beast stopping cold.
 
"Well," Naru asked as she looked up at her partner, the brown haired officer holding her hand gun at the ready, "what now?"
 
Usagi studied the armored figures a moment then she yelled, "Senshi Sabers! Surrender, or you will be fired on!"
 
"You have got to be kidding," Rei muttered, her red armor gleaming.
 
"Fire," Usagi ordered and the assembled AD Police officers opened fire!
 
Remarkably the bullets left the four armored figures unfazed, though they did look irritated. The red Senshi raised her cannon arm and fired into a nearby squad car, the vehicle detonating in a burst of fire and light. Blinded by the blast the AD Police officers reeled back, the Senshi Sabers using the moment to escape.
 
"Well that's gratitude for you," Minako growled, the golden armored figure bounding with the others from roof to roof.
 
"Remind me to be especially snarky to Usagi next time I see her," Rei growled as they reached the Silky Doll van, climbing in quickly.
 
"That might be a big hint to her that you're a Senshi," Ami said mildly.
 
"Besides, she's just doing her job," Makoto pointed out, pulling her green helm off and shaking out her hair.
 
Minako shook her head, blonde hair flowing as she efficiently stripped off armor, "You're more generous than I am."
 
"We'd better move before the Police get mobilized," Ami said, changing into a simple if stylish looking jumpsuit. She climbed up into the front seat and then started up the van, pulling out into traffic and heading back to the Silky Doll.
 
Rei changed into her clothes ad headed up, climbing into the passenger seat. "What are you going to do about Infinity?" she asked.
 
Ami raised an eyebrow at her, keeping her gaze on the road. "I thought we already discussed this?" she inquired.
 
"Not really," Rei said dryly. She studied the blue haired woman intently then she pressed, "Do you trust Ms. Tomoe?"
 
"I don't know," Ami conceded. "She clearly is ruthless, as well as being capable of killing," she said, "but she appeared to be frank with me."
 
"Huh," Rei sat back, her black hair flowing loose. She smiled faintly, "And what does your gut tell you?"
 
"I don't listen to my gut," Ami said with a faintly amused smile, "or however you may choose to describe your instincts."
 
"You should try it," Rei said, "listening to my gut was how I made the decision to join the Senshi in the first place."
 
"Then I like your gut," Ami admitted as Rei chuckled softly.
 
In the back of the van Minako slipped her leather miniskirt on, feeling Makoto's eyes resting on her as she put a bit of extra wiggle into pulling on the tight garment. "Rei sure was fast going up to join Ami," she noted with a grin.
 
Makoto slipped her own somewhat looser dress on, balancing carefully to the sway of the van. "What are you thinking of?" she asked, a smile on her face.
 
"Do you think that Rei likes her?" Minako asked curiously.
 
"Considering how much they argue," Makoto sat down on a bench to slip her socks and shoes on, "I kind of doubt it."
 
Minako looked thoughtful as she pointed out, "Maybe so, but have you noticed they can't keep their eyes off each other?"
 
That actually made Makoto stop a second, recalling the two of them together. "You know," she conceded, "you might have a point about that."
 
"Now, what should we do about it?" Minako asked eagerly.
 
"Should we do anything?" Makoto raised an eyebrow. Seeing her lover's disappointed look she smiled gently, "I think both of them wouldn't react well to our meddling."
 
Minako paled, thinking of the last time she had managed to annoy Ami, and the tongue lashing she got for it. Not to mention the kind of temper Rei seemed to have, too. "You might have a point, too," she conceded.
 
"You know I do," Makoto grinned. They could feel the truck jerking to a stop and she smiled, "Looks like we're back."
 
In a moment they were all out, the underground facilities that the Senshi Sabers used stretching out all around them. Ami climbed out of the driver's seat as she said, "Your standard wages will be electronically deposited within the hour."
 
"Thanks," Rei said mildly, "I need to pay the parking fees for my trailer."
 
"Why do you live in that thing, anyway?" Ami asked curiously, "I had a detective do a check on you, you could easily afford better."
 
"Oh really?" Rei blinked, a bit of edge to her voice.
 
"Much like I did with our fellow Senshi," Ami kept her voice even.
 
"I don't really give a shit if you did it to everyone else," Rei flared up, "stay the hell out of my private life!" With that she turned and strode away, leaving them in stunned silence.
 
"You were saying?" Makoto murmured to Minako.
 
"Hush," Minako hissed. She looked to Ami, noting the oddly bemused look on her face as she asked, "What was that all about?"
 
In a soft voice Ami said almost to herself, "I think I'm beginning to figure it out." Shaking herself she looked at the other two, "Excuse me, I was planning to work on the hardsuits tonight." And with that she was off.
 
"You know, I don't think I understand either of them," Makoto said as she and Minako headed out to the street level.
 
"Me, too," Minako sighed. She smiled, cuddling close to Makoto as she murmured, "You busy tonight?"
 
Makoto slid a arm over Minako's shoulders, "Oh, I was thinking of taking a lovely blonde to dinner... any volunteers?"
 
"I'd love to," Minako sighed happily.
 
Striding through the base to the engineering bay Ami was lost in her thoughts. 'Rei and I are alike,' she realized, 'someone gets close, like with our conversation in the van, we then have to shove them away.'
 
"Ms. Mizuno," Mercury's soft voice said, "there are two messages waiting for you, both marked as urgent."
 
"Thank you Mercury," Ami said even as she silently cursed her momentary distraction. "Play all," she ordered.
 
"This is Setsuna," the familiar voice said, "I've found some disturbing information interviewing a former Infinity employee. Apparently there's a prototype for Saturn out there called 'Nine,' a failure. I'll keep looking into it."
 
"Nine?" Ami blinked, her eyes narrowing. 'That Bio-boomer said something about Mistress Nine,' she remembered.
 
"Ms. Mizuno," Hotaru Tomoe's voice came on next, "please contact me in person as soon as possible on a matter of gravest importance."
 
'In person?' Ami blinked, wondering what could be so urgent. 'Guess I'll find out soon enough,' she thought as she ordered, "Mercury, query the Infinity computers as to Hotaru's current location."
 
"Infinity Tower," Mercury responded promptly, "she just arrived back."
 
"Call and let her know I'm on my way," Ami added.
 
To be continued....