Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crash Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Sabers ❯ Chapter 20

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Senshi Sabers
Part Twenty

Catsy smiled charmingly at the blonde customer, the purple haired young woman holding up a lacey two piece. “What do you think?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” she frowned, “it’s not really my style.”

“You were commenting that your boyfriend wasn’t paying you enough attention,” Catsy reminded her, “wearing this, he’s sure to notice you.”

“Well,” the young lady blushed, “that’s true.”

A sale and one happy customer later and Catsy sighed, leaning up against the till at the prominent lingerie shop, the Silky Doll. All around her were frilly items of one time or another, bras, panties and night gowns all set up to draw the eye and inflame the imagination.

“What a day,” Birdy sighed. Catsy’s adopted sister looked a little tired, her long blue hair tied back in a braid as she walked over to grab her bottle of water from the counter.

“We did pretty good, tho,” Catsy chuckled.

Both women jerked as they heard a woman yell, “God damned son of a bitch!”

“Rei?” Birdy blinked.

“Rei,” Catsy agreed.

Upstairs, Rei Hino winced as she cradled her arm, the cast covering it from wrist to elbow. “Sorry,” the long black haired woman gritted her teeth as she said, “I’m still getting used to this damn thing.”

“You should have told us you broke it in the tunnels,” Ami said fiercely as she helped fluff up a cushion for her seat, “I would have taken us straight to the hospital, rather than coming back here first.”

“Ditching the hardsuits would have been tough,” Rei pointed out, glad she was dressed in just t-shirt and jeans, “besides, I didn’t know I had broken it at first. I though it was just bruised from that thing throwing me around.”

“All right,” Ami sighed as she down sat across from Rei in her living room. “How are things with your band?” she asked worriedly.

Rei shrugged a bit uncomfortably. “They’re going to have to find a temporary lead singer until I heal up,” she said to her flatly, “there’s no way that I can jump around stage and preform with this on me.”

Ami winced, “I’m sorry.” She hesitated, “Because it happened on one of my jobs, I’ll compensate you for any lost wages....”

“Ami,” Rei gave her a look, “it isn’t your fault.”

“I was responsible,” Ami shook her head.

Rei rolled her eyes, sitting back with a sigh in the comfortable chair. Changing the subject she said, “I think I know who you can put in my suit until the cast comes off.”

“Of?” Ami looked at her curiously.

“Haruka,” Rei said, “we’re about the same height, and from what I’ve seen she’s got the guts to handle the missions we have.”

Ami actually looked a bit startled, “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, I am,” Rei agreed. She smiled slightly, “And if you and Setsuna are still interested in hiding her and Michiru, what better place than in a suit of battle armor?”

“Heh,” Ami smiled, good point.

“Miss Hino,” the Mercury computer system asked politely, “would you like a cup of tea or some coffee?”

“I’m fine, thank you,” Rei answered, trying not to look too hard at Ami. More and more she was developing an awareness of the other woman, her slim body dressed in suits that should have looked conservative but on her were just sexy.

‘Damn it,’ Rei mused as Ami sipped her tea, ‘no one should look that good in a suit.’

Putting her tea cup down Ami asked a bit nervously, “How are you managing at home?”

Rei rolled her eyes, “I’m all right. The cast gets in the way a bit, but as long as I can open cans or run the microwave, I’ll keep myself fed.”

Ami winced, all the while trying not to look at the woman lounging so comfortably in her living room. Rei had a feral sexiness that radiated from her, even with the broken arm slowing her down, and to make it worse the worn jeans looked painted on her skin. The ragged t-shirt was battered enough to show Rei wasn’t wearing a bra, and Ami had to close her eyes to banish the mental image of that sweet flesh.

“I was wondering,” Ami said a bit uncomfortably, a light blush coloring her cheeks, “if you’d like to stay here until you recover?”

“I....” Rei blinked, wondering if Ami might have some ulterior motive for making the offer. After a moment she asked, “Does that mean I’d have to cook?”

Ami smiled slightly, “Actually, Mercury would be handling most of that.” She chuckled, “But I could certainly have her microwave something, just so you’d feel at home.”

Rei awkwardly picked up a cushion from the chair with her good left arm and pitched it at Ami, “Gee, thanks.”

“So you’ll stay?” Ami asked.

Rei shrugged, “For a few days, anyway.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Later that evening across town, two young women walked along the street, window shopping as they looked into various stores. The taller girl moved with a dangerous sort of grace, her green dress swirling around her as her long brown ponytail swung in the breeze. Beside her a pretty blonde smiled and held her arm, her red dress clinging to her body sexily.

“Mako-chan?” Minako asked, her blonde tresses gleaming in the sun.

“Yes?” Makoto asked, her brown hair pushed back from her face by a green headband.

Minako smirked, “What are we going to do about Ami and Rei?”

“Should we do anything?” Makoto asked reasonably.

“The sexual tension between them is getting dangerous,” Minako sighed, “if the electricity in the air keeps up, they’ll blow a fuse.”

“You’re just a hopeless match maker,” Makoto laughed.

“Well, that too,” MInako admitted. “You don’t think they’d make a good pair?” she asked her lover curiously.

“If they didn’t kill each other first,” Makoto mused. “You have to admit, they’re both very take charge kind of women,” she noted.

“I suppose there is going to be some wrestling for dominance,” Minako conceded.

“Some?” Makoto teased as they stopped in front of a clothing store.

Minako chuckled, “All right, a lot.”

Makoto looked at a green business suit thoughtfully as she mused, “You’d think working around sexy clothes all day would give Ami some ideas, but no....”

“Maybe she’s just too used to them?” Minako guessed.

“Could be,” Makoto said as they started off again. She smiled, “I heard something interesting from Catsy, though.”

“Oh?” Minako looked curious.

“Apparently, Ami has offered to take care of Rei until her broken arm has healed up,” Makoto revealed.

“Well, well,” Minako grinned, “maybe Ami is doing something on her own!”

“No,” Makoto shook her head, “I bet it’s more guilt over Rei being hurt.” She smiled, “But those two, in her apartment alone....”

“That could certainly lead to something,” Minako agreed. She tapped a finger against her chin, “And with the right help, of course.”

“What are you plotting, m’love?” Makoto asked her as they headed towards one of their favorite local cafes.

“Just thinking of asking Mercury a favor,” Minako admitted, “put a romantic movie on, some nice finger food and let nature take it’s course.”

“Some wine, too,” Makoto noted as they were greeted by the cafe’s owner by name, “to bring down their inhibitions a bit.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Minako agreed as they walked to their favorite table.

Makoto held out Minako’s chair then pushed it gently in. “We’ll have to make sure Birdy and Catsy are on board,” she said as she took her seat, “as well as Setsuna, just in case.”

“Think she’d help?” Minako asked, looking over the menu.

Makoto shrugged, “Setsuna worries about Ami, from what I’ve seen. She’s want her to be happy.”

To be continued....