Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crash Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Sabers ❯ Chapter 25

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Senshi Sabers!

Makoto Kino knelt behind a piece of cover as the brown haired woman used a advanced set of binoculars to peer at the woman leaving a townhouse in a posh section of Megatokyo. Madigan, no known last name, was a former executive with Infinity, but had lost her employment shortly after her employer's death. Now she was a rising star at Starlight Research, headed by the popular Seiya Kou.

“Mina,” Makoto used the communication device at her throat as she watched Madigan getting into a car, “I think she's on the move. Do we have a vehicle in place to follow?”

“The bike's not far from the property,” Minako Aino answered as the sexy blond pulled on her helm, the simple racing leathers hugging her body, “I'll pick you up.”

“Right,” Makoto nodded. A tracking device she had attached to the car earlier that day would allow them to follow Madigan wherever she might go.

Within a minute or two Mina cruised up on the bike, posing as she waited for Makoto to board. “Did someone call for a ride?” she purred.

“Mina,” Makoto scolded her gently, climbing on dressed in a leather jacket and heavy jeans, her usual biking wear.

“Hold on tight now,” Mina added with a wink through her helmet's clear visor as the two peeled off after Madigan's car.

Blushing furiously Makoto wrapped her arms around Mina, occassionally tightening as they hit a turn. They followed the car down the busy streets of the city, weaving through traffic as they went from a high priced area to the middle class, then into what could only be described as a slum.

“Mina?” Makoto said questioningly as they went around a corner.

Minako smiled, “Yes?”

“Uhm, I don't feel anything under your leathers....” Makoto sweatdropped.

Meanwhile, back at the Silky Doll, Ami was blushing faintly as they listened to the conversation over the helmet radios. The blue haired woman rubbed her face with her hand, sighing softly.

“Did we have to use them?” Rei Hino sighed, the black haired woman sitting in a chair nearby, dressed in pajamas and a fuzzy robe. Her one lower arm was sealed in a cast, and resting uncomfortably across her legs.

“Well, you do have a broken arm,” Ami noted with a slight smile, “it hampers things.”

Rei gave her a wicked look, “It didn't hamper things much last night.”

Ami went bright red. After a false start and a meeting with Setsuna Meiou, Ami and Rei had finally had enough privacy to really explore their feelings. And explore them they did, the much more experienced Rei guiding their activities in bet to a satisfying conclusion.

“In fact,” Rei leaned over, “I thought we....”

“Ahem,” Ami blushed. She looked at the screen tracking Madigan's progress, “Any guesses why she's in that part of town?”

Rei gave a sigh as she sat back in her chair, “Good question.” She tapped her finger beside the keyboard, “She's working for Starlight Research, right?”

“I'll check for any Starlight facilities there,” Ami began to type, a bit surprised at how off her game she was today. She stole a glance at Rei in the somewhat clingy clothes, 'Then again, I do have good reasons, I suppose....'

“They own a underground club there?” Rei murmured as information came up on the screen.

“Yes, called Three Lights,” Ami typed, searching for more data. “Other than the name, there's not much,” she mused, looking at tax data and other sources.

“She's stopped the car,” Mina reported as the purple haired older woman pulled into a open space beside the old building. “Looks like she's headed in,” she added as the business suited woman got out and walked to the door.

Ami debated a moment, “Follow her in, but be discrete.”

“Right,” Makoto agreed as she and Minako got up off the bike and walked to the enterance.

“Can those two do discrete?” Rei had to ask Ami quietly.

“Somewhat,” Ami admitted, “it depends on how you define the term, I suppose.”

“Ugh,” Rei winced.

Makoto took the lead, hoping her boyish clothes wouldn't draw too much attention as she opened the door to the club and peered inside. As their eyes adapted to the darkness Minako blinked, taking in the men in dresses and the women in pants.

“It's a crossdressing club,” Minako used her radio to report.

Thankfully Makoto passed just fine, and Minako was taken to be a very realistic looking crossdresser. “Are you all right?” Makoto had to ask.

Minako made a face, “I don't know if I should be complimented or insulted.”

Rei had the oddest look on her own face as she wondered aloud, “Why would Starlight own a crossdressing club?”

Ami shrugged, “Why do you think?”

Rei shook her head after a moment, “You know, I don't think I want to find out.”

Mina and Makoto managed to quietly observe as Madigan quietly talked to the bartender, the two 9apparent0 women chatting in a oddly intimate way. She picked sipped at her drink as she turned to watch the crowd, then the older woman put her drink down and smoothly headed to the door.

“Business or pleasure?” Minako wondered as they followed her out.

“I do not want to know,” Makoto unconsciously echoed Rei.

Madigan stalked towards her car, then froze as she realized there was a unfamiliar figure sitting inside. “Who are you?” she demanded, pointing at the woman in the front seat.

The tall, beautiful woman was naked, with the eerie perfect looks of a bio-boomer. She smiled coldly as she said, “Who I am is not important.”

“Oh hell,” Makoto muttered. “Ami, this is bad!”

“What do you want?” Madigan demanded, pulling a concealed gun from under her coat.

“You don't recognize your past?” the boomer demanded as she stalked towards Madigan, “I am the product of your hard work.”

“Bio-boomer,” Madigan hissed as she opened fire, bullets tearing into inhuman flesh that seemed to heal over incredibly quickly. Her eyes grew desperate as the artificial being grew nearer, her shots more frantic.

“Ami, what do we do?” Minako asked crisply, fully into her professional mode.

Ami bit her lip, her thoughts racing. Even with the specialized guns both Minako and Makoto carried, there was no way they could go toe to toe with a bio-boomer. Only battle armored beings could safely fight them, which narrowed Ami's effective options.

“Observe and follow only,” Ami ordered softly, knowing her agents didn't want to hear that, “we'll mobilize the van as soon as possible. Do NOT engage, understood?”

“Yes, ma'am,” Makoto agreed with great reluctance.

“Come on,” Rei jumped to her feet, her and Ami racing down the hall to the elevator. “Are Haruka and Michiru still here?” she asked.

“I sent them down to the equipment bay earlier,” Ami answered as she hopped into the elevator beside Rei, “They shouyld have the suits loaded to go already.”

“Are you two steps ahead of me because of practice or fate?” Rei wondered as they smothly fell to the basement level.

“A bit of both,” Ami answered confidently.

To be continued....