Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Marshall Chains ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 15 goes up. This is Chapter 16. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 16: The Marshall Chains
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back at headquarters in Kanda's room…
 
Ami had woken up before daybreak. Looking down at the sleeping form of her half-naked fiancé, she smiled; it was quite rare for anyone to see the usually uptight swordsman let his guard down.
 
Then again, I did get him to laugh last night. She mused, recalling the pillow fight they had.
 
And that conversation. She added grimly. I know he almost ordered me to leave.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“You sure that's the last of them?” Ami asked after Kanda sliced through Koumi's spy bugs.
 
“I hope so.” Kanda replied.
 
“Want me to do a spot check?” Ami asked “I could summon a Seeker.”
 
At Kanda's nod, she called upon a blue Seeker to search the room. After the Seeker came back, chasing after the final bug, Kanda growled and cut through the bug.
 
“I think that should be it.” Ami sweatdropped, sitting on his bed as she returned her Seeker as she looked at the smoking pile of destroyed mechanical wires on the floor.
 
“He's going to die one of these days.” Kanda promised.
 
“One problem Peacock: Lenalee.” Ami reminded him.
 
Then, she giggled slightly playfully, causing Kanda to look at her, only to be smacked in the face by a pillow.
 
“You're too tense, Yuu.” She giggled. Lesson one: Pillow fights can break out at any time and are a great way to humble the proud and smug. she giggled at his stunned expression.
 
“And to unwind edgy swordsmen.” She added.
 
Kanda mock frowned, a grin trying to tug at the corners of his mouth. Why you little... and he made a grab for the pillow...
 
... only to get whacked by it yet again.
 
Get your own pillow.” Ami giggled.
 
Kanda growled lowly and reached for a fluffy weapon of his own, receiving a steady pounding from his lovely opponent. He let himself fall to his back to better fend off the attack, both of them laughing at how childish yet amusing this was. There was no intense planning involved in this, no impressive strategies, just wholesome spontaneity. Kanda finally managed to get the pillow away from Ami and tossed it to the foot of the bed, out of her reach. With a laugh, she crawled away to retrieve her weapon from the floor. He merely grabbed her waist and pulled her back to stop her. Ami fell back with a muted thud, landing softly on his chest.
 
Kanda grimaced slightly when the back of her head hit the tattoo above his heart. She had come too close to discovering the reason why he healed so quickly the last time they shared his bed and the solitary swordsman was especially guarded after that about her knowing. She was his light, he admitted, but he did not want his darkness to taint her light.
 
“Yuu, stop hiding.” Ami whispered, almost begging.
 
“What do you mean?” the swordsman asked harshly, turning her around.
 
Looking at him straight in the eye, she replied softly, “I already know.”
 
“About?” Kanda pressed, hoping it was not what he hoped it was.
 
Her reply shattered that hope.
 
“Your tattoo.” Ami answered. “And… the lotus.”
 
Kanda stiffened. Of all things, how the hell did she find out about that lotus?
 
Well, at least it's her. He mused. If anyone else had known, he would have killed them instantly.
 
Damn! He cursed. I've grown soft around her.
 
“How?” he growled.
 
“My Innocence's secondary power is healing.” Ami reminded him. “It pretty much led me to the lotus.”
 
“And, after Helaska first scanned me, she told me that I had the most powerful healing Innocence and it would be my Innocence that would lead me to the one who needed the healing most. Ami added. “And I ended up finding…”
 
“Me.” Kanda finished her sentence.
 
“Yes.” Ami replied.
 
“Yuu,” she added gently. “How am I supposed to enter your heart when you won't let me?”
 
“Nymph…” Kanda sighed.
 
“Shut up, Yuu.” Ami whispered, kissing him deeply as she undid the buttons of the shirt he wore under his coat.
 
What happened next is up to the readers' imagination because anymore would result in a lime and pull the ratings of this fic up.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Removing her orb, Ami placed the crystal on her palm as her other land rested on Kanda's forehead.

I can't do this! She gasped, withdrawing her hand immediately. It won't be fair… not to him. I want him to remember everything naturally.
 
But she sighed. He has to know that it's because that he's Hotaru's brother that he had the tattoo; that he was born with it because he's Saturnian. The Mugen came to him because he's its owner, then and now.
 
Forgive me, Yuu. She let out a mental apology.
 
Replacing her hand on his forehead, Ami used the orb's power to release Queen Selenity's memory seal on her reincarnated lover. The Mercury symbol glowed on her forehead as the Saturn sigh manifested on Kanda's.
 
The blue light then expanded, covering the couple before receding back into the orb. That done, she slipped out of bed and looked out of the window, before a vision struck her.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Ami found herself standing on the ruins of the Titan Castle on Saturn. The time frame of the vision was right, during the Silver Millennium.
 
In the battlefield some distance away from her, Ami could see Sailors Uranus, Neptune and Saturn fighting a shapeless, evil being. It charged at Sailors Uranus and Neptune, the Mugen drawn. It continued its charge at the two Senshi, only to be blocked by Sailor Saturn.
 
With tears in her eyes, Sailor Saturn begged, “Nii-chan, stop this! Adeline-nee won't want you to do this!”
 
The Shadow Warrior stopped, re-scathing his sword. Opening its arms in surrender, it was as if the Shadow Warrior had invited Sailor Saturn to finish it.
 
Crying now, Sailor Saturn raised her Silence Glaive.
 
Death Reborn Revolution!” the Saturnian Senshi unleashed her attack.With a silent cry, the Shadow Warrior was destroyed by the destructive power of its younger sister.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“The h…” Ami muttered, a hand clutching on the windowsill.
 
Yuu, what happened that turned you into a Shadow Warrior? She wondered.
 
She knew that once a Saturnian gave his heart away, he would never be able to leave that person. Should his lover die, he would be overtaken by his shadow half.
 
It was an old cosmic law that one could never slay a Saturnian or their families in fear of great evil making its way onto the world. It was a seriously taken law, and Shadow Warriors, the name of the overtaken Saturnians were quite rare, quite deadly, and quite evil. There were seven known Shadow Warriors imprisoned in the seven rainbow crystals because during a war against Drenor, a powerful dark sorcerer that was sealed within the center of Saturn. Three women and two children were killed. The three women who died had husbands and out of blind grief and rage, the Saturnian men lost control and turned into Shadow Warriors. The two children that were caught in the crossfire of magic and were killed came from two separate families. Both parents from both families also turned into Shadow Warriors.
 
It had taken half of the Lunarian forces to contain them, and even then, Queen Selenity had to use the Ginzuishou's power to trap them safely. At the time, the legendary Sailor Senshi were not even alive.
 
Her musings was cut short when a knock came on the door.
 
“Kanda?” Lenalee called out. “Nii-san wants you.”
 
Ami sighed and opened a creek on the door.
 
“Sorry, Lees. Yuu's still asleep.” She informed the Chinese girl.
 
Lenalee let out a knowing grin, “I don't suppose you kept him up last night?”
 
“Get your head out of the gutter.” Ami muttered.
 
Shutting the door, she added, “I'll let him know.”
 
“Yuu…” she gently shook the swordsman.
 
“Morning Nymph.” Kanda replied tiredly, opening his eyes.
 
“Lees dropped by just now. Koumi wants to see you.” Ami informed him.
 
“Fine, I'm going.” Kanda stifled a yawn as he bent to pick up his shirt. Grabbing his coat and tossing Ami hers, the couple got dressed.
 
“Cafeteria, usual table?” Ami asked as they exited.
 
“Right.” Kanda nodded and went off to see Koumi.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Later in the cafeteria…
 
“There ya go!” Terry beamed at Kanda, handing the swordsman his soba noodles.
 
As he sat down opposite Ami, Arystar approached the pair.
 
“What is that?” the newest Exorcist asked.
 
“You don't know what soba is?” Kanda asked.
 
“Soba?” Arystar echoed. “I would like some of this `soba' as well.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

After a while…
 
Allen was walking to the cafeteria when he heard Arystar's cry.
 
“What happened?” he asked, rushing to the scene.
 
“Poor Kro doesn't know how to eat soba.” Terry replied. “He thought the onions were salad, the sauce was soup, and the noodles were pasta. He ate them all separately then ate all the wasabi in a single bite!”
 
“That was the worst meal I ever had…” Arystar moaned.
 
“Yuu…” Ami sighed.
 
“You could have just told him…” Allen rebuked the swordsman who had just finished his breakfast.
 
“I haven't the time to babysit a new guy.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Done eating?” Lavi asked as the swordsman walked by. “Where are you off to, in such a hurry?”
 
“Denmark, on a mission.” Ami answered for him, swallowing her crêpe.
 
Looking at Kanda, she added, “I suppose it'll be redundant to tell you to be careful.”
 
Kanda's smirk answered her.
 
“Ooh, you're mighty busy, Yuu.” Lavi grinned.
 
“I've told you before not to call me that.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Now, now…” Lavi tried to pacify the swordsman.
 
“Oh yeah Allen. Koumi said he needed you and Frostbite.” He told the senior-junior pair.
 
“Really?” Allen blinked. “A new mission for us, I wonder?”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In Koumi's office…
 
“A delivery?” Allen echoed. “Not a mission?”
 
“Yup.” Koumi nodded. “Sorry to send you off after you've just got home, but I'd like you two to deliver this to Marshall Yeegar in Holland. He's the oldest of all five Marshalls, so he's been fighting on the frontlines longer than any of us.”
 
“Um, may I ask you something?” Allen inquired, taking the briefcase. “He's not weird, like Master, is he?”
 
“Hmmm, I don't know.” Koumi admitted. “Well, he's very mindful of rules and regulations, so be sure to observe them well.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
At the train station…
 
“This seems odd. Why me?” Allen sighed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Why did you send Allen Walker and Ami Maris to Marshall Yeegar?” Bookman asked.
 
“The Marshall said that he wanted to see them.” Koumi replied. “To see the boy Hevlaska predicted would destroy time and the Keeper of the Heart.”
 
“I see.” Bookman nodded. “So the Marshall, too, is concerned about just what those mean.”
 
“Yes, as well as Allen's left eye.” Koumi added. “He says that if the Earl found out about it, Allen would be in grave danger. And if Ami's indeed the Keeper of the Heart and the reincarnation of Athena…”
 
“Everyone of us will have to protect her the best we can.” Bookman completed the sentence.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

On the train…
 
It's gotten darker…Allen noted, lifting up his hair to inspect his left eye. It's like an Akuma.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“I thought that Allen's left eye was pretty convenient.” Lavi admitted. “But after having seen an Akuma's soul, I'd like to pass on having one like it myself. It must be pretty tough. It was disgusting. It really put me off my lunch. The world he sees must be hellish indeed.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In Holland…
 
“I thought he was going to pick me up from this station.” Allen wondered as the two stepped out.
 
“Are you Mr. Allen Walker and Miss Ami Maris?” the Finder asked.
 
“Um, yes.” Allen replied.
 
“I'm a Finder with Yeager's squad. My name is Thierry.” Thierry greeted the two.
 
“Ah, nice to meet you. I am indeed Allen Walker.” Allen replied.
 
“And I am Ami Maris.” Ami nodded. “Thank you for taking the trouble to pick us up.”
 
“Supervisor Koumi from headquarters asked us to deliver this to Marshall Yeegar.” Allen added, handing Thierry the suitcase containing the new Golem.
 
“I'm sorry, but Marshall Yeegar is no longer here.” Thierry informed them. “The Marshall headed off the Belgium to follow up a lead on an Innocence fragment.”
 
“Belgium?” Allen echoed. “You mean…”
 
“Yes, the neighboring nation.” Thierry replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“The train sure is taking a while...” Allen noted as he and Thierry sat on a bench, waiting for the train. Opposite them, Timcanpy chased after a butterfly.
 
“Yeah, not too many come through here.” Thierry agreed. “One should come in a couple of hours, though.”
 
“Um…” Allen started. “I heard from Mr. Koumi that Marshall Yeegar is a strict man. Is that true?”
 
“Well, he likes his manners and formalities, but he's an nice guy at heart.” Thierry replied.
 
“A nice guy?” Allen blinked. “The Marshall?”
 
“What's the matter, all of a sudden?” Thierry asked, puzzled at Allen's exclamation.
 
“I'm sorry, it's just that `nice' and `Marshall' don't really go together, in my mind.” Allen replied sheepishly.
 
“We were `unfortunately' Marshall Cross' disciples.” Ami explained knowingly.
 
“Ah….” Thierry nodded at the girl leaning against the fence.
 
“Marshall Yeegar is a nice man indeed.” He told Allen. “He knows so much about the world, and teaches it readily.”
 
“Do you know what butterfly this is called?” he asked, letting the butterfly Timcanpy was chasing land on his finger.
 
“No.” Allen replied.
 
“It's called a Monarch.” Ami supplied.
 
“Right?” she smiled at Thierry.
 
“Yes.” The Finder nodded. “It's a common butterfly which propagates throughout Europe and Asia.”
 
“Did Marshall Yeegar teach you that?” Allen asked.
 
“Yes, he did.” Thierry replied. “He's sort of like a professor. I hear he was a teacher originally, so I suppose that's natural.”
 
“Well, he certainly does sound nice.” Allen remarked.
 
“Tim!” Ami scolded the Golem mildly. The golden Golem looked downcast before fluttering to land on her shoulder.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In Belgium…
 
“There's Innocence is this city?” Allen blinked at the demolished town.
 
“Yes…” Thierry replied. “The Marshall said that there was no doubt about it, but where could he be, I wonder?”
 
“And there's no one to ask either.” Ami pointed out.
 
“Mr. Thierry, call Marshall Yeegar.” She instructed, noticing a boy looking out of a window when his mother pulled him in and shut the curtains.
 
“Hmm?” Thierry blinked.
 
“If he's nearby, the wireless Golem should connect. Hurry!” Allen urged, realizing the same thing Ami did.
 
“Um, well the Marshall doesn't have one.” Thierry informed them. “His wireless Golem got old and broke. I thought you were bringing him a new one.”
 
“Is there any other way to contact him?” Ami asked as Allen looking into the suitcase they brought. Indeed, there was a new Golem within the luggage.
 
“Not from our end.” Thierry replied. “If he contacts headquarters, they might be able to give us an idea of his location.”
 
“We don't have time to contact headquarters.” Allen told him. “Let's search for him. He might still be nearby.”
 
“Why are we in such a hurry, though?” Thierry asked.
 
“Judging from the townspeople's behavior, there has to be an Akuma here.” Ami replied. “An Akuma must have come to recover the Innocence we found.”
 
“What?” Thierry gasped.
 
Just then, Allen's left eye activated.
 
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In the valley outside the town…
 
“Go away!” the Akuma exclaimed as it skipped away from the carriage chasing him. “Go away, go away!”
 
After cornering the Akuma within a trench, the carriage stopped.
 
“You really are a persistent little bugger.” The Akuma retorted.
 
“There is nowhere to run.” Marshall Yeegar told the Akuma as he stepped out. “Return the Innocence for which you killed those people.”
 
“Who is the one that's trapped, I wonder?” the Akuma mocked.
 
“Attack!” it instructed, calling forth the Akumas it had brought.
 
“Try and take it, if you can!” The Akuma taunted.
 
“I see that negotiation is useless against your kind.” The Marshall remarked. “I suppose I've naught but to destroy you.”
 
“Quite the spritely old man, are you?” the Akuma mocked as the Marshall revealed his chains. “You'll regret those words! Get him!”
 
“Marshall Yeegar!” Thierry called out, running to the battlefield with the two younger Exorcists as the Akumas fired their guns at the Marshall.
 
Allen let out a warning gasp when the shots closed in on the Marshall who had used his chains to protect himself. From the smoke, a chain flew out, grabbing an Akuma and pulling it down to the ground. Another chain grabbed a second Akuma, tossing it against the rock wall.
 
“My god!” Allen gasped in awe.
 
“Damned arrogant octogenarian! No more Mr. Nice Akuma!” the Akuma hissed as its underlings got destroyed one by one. Spreading its arms, it ordered the rest of the Akumas to close in. The two younger Exorcists then jumped into the battle.
 
Allen used his enlarged claw to slash through an Akuma before firing his gun at another two. Meanwhile, Ami had formed two solidified water blades with her hands and extending them; she used them as a pair of whips and sliced through another three Akumas. The Marshall extended his chains, splitting the pointed ends into four, each end piercing through an Akuma.
 
“Damn you, damn you, damn you!” the Akuma before them hissed, firing his chest guns at the Marshall who rotated his chain like a lasso to deflect the bullets.
 
“End of the line!” the aged Marshall declared, catching the Akuma with his chain.
 
“You're the one who'll meet your end!” the Akuma laughed and leapt out of it confines.
 
“Die!” it announced, as it prepared to fire its stomach gun.
 
“Don't move, Marshall Yeegar!” Allen called out a warning, disarming the gun with his bullets just as Ami tossed an ice spear at the Akuma, completely destroying it. The Innocence the Akuma had then fell to the ground.
 
“Are you two Allen Walker and Ami Maris?” the Marshall asked the two teenagers. “Thank you for helping me. I am in your debt.”
 
“No, not at all.” Allen replied sheepishly. “I'm just glad you're safe, Marshall, and that you managed to recover the Innocence.”
 
“True, however…” the Marshall pointed out as he looked at the demolished town. “Unfortunately, it was at the cost of yet more innocent life.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in town…
 
“If only I had arrived sooner, you would have escaped without casualty.” The Marshall apologized. “I am truly sorry.”
 
“Not at all!” a villager replied. “Thanks to you, all our lives were saved!”
 
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you so much.” His wife added.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

That night in the Marshall's carriage…
 
“The two of you were Marshall Cross' apprentices, were you not?” the Marshall asked.
 
“Um, yes.” Allen replied.
 
“That must have been difficult.” The Marshall noted.
 
“Um, well…” Allen answered sheepishly.
 
“Oh, no, not at all!” he quickly corrected. “I thank god every day for Master!”
 
“You're lying, squirt.” Ami teased.
“He's not the best at human interaction, but at least his desire to eliminate the Akumas is stronger than anyone else's.” Marshall Yeegar added. “That's why he took you two as his disciples, I suppose. The both of you were born with the Innocence within you. As you know, we five Marshalls carry many Innocence fragments with us, trying to find their hosts. Including the one we recovered today, I currently have eight in my possession. I know not how many Innocence fragments and hosts I would be able to find while I yet live, but I must continue, that this fight might see its conclusion as quickly as possible.”
 
“Now eat.” He told the two teenagers. “This meal will serve as my thanks to the two of you.”
 
“No, you have nothing to thank me for…” Allen blinked.
 
“Thanks for not saving me, but for becoming an Exorcist.” The Marshall corrected. “Though the two of you may be a host, it is painful indeed to send one as young as yourselves to the battlefield. I figure it to be the best that you eat well, at least, while you are a member of the Order.”
 
“Marshall Yeegar…” Allen blinked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“This is delicious!” Allen beamed as he dug into the steak. “I'm starved!”
 
“I see. Even still?” the Marshall chuckled.
 
“Yes.” Allen replied.
 
“Amazing…” Thierry noted in awe.
 
“I had heard that parasitic Innocence hosts had enormous appetites, but even so…” the Marshall noted.
 
“Allen!” Ami admonished patiently.
 
“I'm sorry.” She apologized to the Marshall. “Allen hasn't got any manners.”
 
“I'm sorry. I are your shares as well.” Allen blushed after he devoured the salad.
 
“Not at all, eat as much as you'd like.” The Marshall smiled. “Having such a gourmand in my company gives meaning to my culinary skills.”
 
“It's just as you said, Mr. Thierry.” Allen noted. “You really are a nice man, Marshall Yeegar. I'm sure that when you were a teacher, all the children loved and respected you.”
 
“No, I was not a good teacher at all.” The Marshall corrected. “I could not save any of the students I loved so much…”
 
“Your students?” Allen echoed.
 
“My God, no…” Ami gasped, realizing what the Marshall had meant.
 
“Yes.” The Marshall replied. “It was nigh on forty years ago. I was a teacher in a small hamlet, and taught fewer than twenty students. I loved them wit hall my heart and they responded to it. We formed bonds that were to last for their whole lives. In the end, though, that very bond resulted in a great tragedy. One little girl died of a sudden illness. The entire class grieved for her loss, but her best friend Joanne was affected more than any other. He responded to her grief.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

flashback
 
“Good evening to you.” The Earl of Millennium greeted the grieving child.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“The Earl of Millennium…” Ami noted.
 
“The Earl recalled her friend's soul, and made an Akuma from it.” The Marshall continued. “The class who knew nothing of this, were overjoyed that Joanne had returned from her long absence.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“You all right, Joanne?” a male student asked.
 
“You don't look so well…” a female student noted.
 
“Cheer up. We'll get through this.” Another female student assured.
 
Then Joanne turned into her Akuma form and killed the rest of the students.
 
The then Yeegar ran into the classroom upon hearing the scream.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“I entered to see the remains of a massacre.” The Marshall continued. “Most of the students had died, but the few who escaped the attack were in excruciating pain. Not knowing what had happened, I ran from the school, screaming for help. Then… I saw a stranger pointing an arrow at Joanne.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“What are you doing?” the then Yeegar demanded. “Stop it!”
 
Then, he gasped as Joanne returned to her Akuma form and the Exorcist fired his charged up arrow at the revealed Akuma.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“That man was an Exorcist from the Black Order.” The Marshall continued his narration. “He told me what the Akumas were and I headed to the Black Order, where I learnt that I too was host to an Innocence fragment and could become an Exorcist. It has been forty years since then. I have fought ever since, hoping to avert tragedy, but tragedy always seem to follow me wherever I go. You must have experienced some of it yourselves, Allen Walker and Ami Maris.”
 
“I made Mana…” Allen started. “I made the man who raised me, the only family I had, into an Akuma. I destroyed that Akuma as well. My left eye was cursed, and gained the ability to see the Akuma's souls.”
 
“Me…” Ami let out a small smile. “I was merely five when the Earl of Millennium razed my entire village to the ground, killing everyone I knew and loved. The Earl came after me, and… forcibly tried to extract my Innocence from my body.”
 
“I had heard.” The Marshall told them. “Then you two became Cross' disciples and became Exorcists, correct?”
 
“At first, I decided to atone for what I'd done to Mana, but now I fight not to atone, but for my very life. I fight to lay those poor souls to rest, and that my life might have meaning. I was born endowed with Innocence, so it is my duty and the only way I can make up for having made my most precious friend an Akuma….” Allen confessed.
 
“You've both done well.” The Marshall told them. “You've both done very well indeed to refuse to curse your unhappy fate and live on.”
 
“Marshall Yeegar…” Allen blinked.
 
“I know why you and Joanne chose to recall your friends' souls.” The Marshall added. “No one can blame you for it, even if they are an Exorcist. Indeed, the pain and sadness you feel will surely become a point of strength in your career as an Exorcist. You will be motivated even further to save their souls.”
 
“What's the matter?” Thierry asked when he saw Allen with tears in his eyes.
 
“Ah, I just got overwhelmed there… I'm sorry.” Allen quickly dried his tears.
 
I wasn't wrong...I wasn't wrong to become an Exorcist, Mana. He thought.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

On the train back…
 
“Take care!” Allen beamed, waving goodbye to the Marshall and his group.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In Denmark…
 
Kanda stood poised to defeat the Akuma before him, his Mugen unscathed.
 
Jumping up, he unleashed his wraiths, destroying the Akuma.
 
“No matter how much you may struggle, there is no hope for you. You are done for.” The smoking Akuma mocked as the Japanese swordsman turned to leave.
 
“What do you mean?” Kanda demanded.
 
“I have a message from our lord Earl of Millennium.” The defeated Akuma told him.
 
“The time has come.” The Earl added, appearing in the sky. “Your seven hundred year transmission is over, and the play begins again, at last. Be ready for your curtain calls, for it is your story, Exorcists!”
 
With one final stab of his sword, Kanda jumped down from Akuma before it exploded.
 
“Then the worst is yet to come… what a prick he is.” Kanda snorted.
 
“And you my dear boy, won't be able to protect your precious little girlfriend.” The Earl told Kanda. “She's already mine, the moment I marked her.”
 
Chuckling, the Earl rode off.
 
“I will protect her!” Kanda hissed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

On top of a cliff as Marshall Yeegar's carriage drove by…
 
“The Earl of Millennium is looking for you!” Road sang as Tyki stood beside her. “Looking for the heart that you seek! He wants to meet you, and see for himself!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

SailorStar9: This chapter is done. If you guys want the lime in this chapter, email me please. Meanwhile, read and review.