Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Night’s End Dawn ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 24 goes up. This is Chapter 25 and a short interlude from episode 51. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 25: Night's End Dawn
 
***************************************************************** *************************
As Allen's group set sail for Edo, elsewhere, Marie stopped suddenly.
 
“Can you hear them?” Marshall Tiedoll asked.
 
“Yes.” Marie replied. “Their noise is deafening. A great army of Akuma is on the move.”
 
He's getting serious.” Ami remarked.
 
“I guess the enemy's finally moving again.” the Marshall noted.
 
“No matter their number, I will rend the Akuma into two.” Kanda swore.
 
“This is…” Ami suddenly gasped, the heart symbol within her Innocence orb started to glow pink.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked, turning to the startled female Exorcist beside him.
 
“No…” Ami stammered.
 
Falling to her knees, she added, “Another Fallen One…”
 
“A Fallen One. He failed in the eyes of God.” Marshall Tiedoll explained.
 
“A Fallen One is someone who fails to synchronize with an Innocence fragment.” Ami added as Kanda took her shaky form into his arms. “It happens when someone tries to force integration with the Innocence. The Fallen form is God's punishment for those who try, unchosen, to join with him.”
 
Kanda looked down as she clutched tightly to his arm.
 
“They don't do it anymore, but Lees isn't the only one to witness such an experiment at the Order. They tried to create an Exorcist by forcing an Innocence fragment on someone. That's when I saw it. It felt the same.” Ami remarked.
 
Looking at the not-yet-awakened Goddess, Marshall Tiedoll asked, “Do you know who?”
 
“Yes… Ami replied shakily. “Suman… Dark…”
 
“But why?” she wept. “Suman was a host. He was an Exorcist.”
 
“Suman Dark…” Kanda echoed.
 
“Yeah…” Ami cried. “He has a parasitic Innocence like the Squirt's. I knew he'd gone missing after the attack on Marshall's Sokaro's team in India, but… why did Suman Fall? What happened to him?”
 
“How did this happen?” Marie asked.
 
I won't allow it. I must not be seen. The Fallen's thoughts echoed in Ami's mind.
 
Ami blinked, her eyes widening at the voice pounding in her head.
 
“Suman… is that you?” she exclaimed, breaking out of Kanda's embrace.
 
This is… she gasped before screaming in pain as Suman's thoughts rushed through her, the heart symbol of her Innocence orb shot out, encasing the writhing Exorcist in its pink light as it revealed itself as the Heart Innocence.
 
“Nymph!” Kanda let out a rare shout, running towards the light.
 
“Stop!” Marshall Tiedoll held his younger disciple back.
 
“But…” Kanda hissed.
 
“Look!” Marshall Tiedoll pointed to the female Exorcist, now encased within a ripple orb of rainbow colors when the light died down. Her Exorcist coat had disappeared, giving away to a virgin white ancient Greek dress as Suman's memories continued to rush into her mind.
 
“So, she has revealed herself.” He noted.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Flashback
 
Help me!” the parasitic Exorcist pleaded after witnessing his two comrades killed by Tyki. “Someone, please help me! I don't want to die!
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“I don't want to die!” Suman's thoughts continued to ring in Ami's mind. “I don't want to die!”
 
Suman, you stopped fighting and made a deal with the Akuma. You betrayed your Innocence. How long has it been since you Fell? The newly revealed Athena conveyed her thoughts to the Fallen.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Allen was drifting further into the Fallen's body.
 
I can feel this. You're using your energy to destroy more Akuma. Allen realized.
 
“Screams?” the Exorcist blinked. “Is Suman screaming? He's hurt. Could this be his Innocence's will?”
 
Those blasts are unimaginably powerful. Allen thought. Could it be that his Innocence has taken complete control and is sapping his life force? What's going on?
 
Then Allen realized something. His Innocence… his Innocence is trying to kill him. It's judging him for his sin, just as God does.
 
Stop it! Came Athena's voice. Stop this Innocence! You can't… stop it, Innocence! Please! Don't kill your Host!
 
“Ami-sempai…” Allen gasped as the Goddess of Wisdom appeared beside him, her Holy Cosmo radiating around her. Raising her arm, she shot a golden energy beam from the bird-shaped staff she held in her right hand, breaking the black container that held the Innocence.
 
“What's this?” Allen blinked, shielding his eyes from the light. “Suman's Innocence?”
 
Allen approached the Innocence, only to be thrown out of the Fallen by the Innocence's light.
 
I'm out! Allen realized as he fell Earthwards. It spat me out! Is Suman's Innocence rejecting me?
 
Extending his hand, Allen grabbed hold onto the Fallen, pulling himself up to face Suman.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Meanwhile, Suman's Innocence had pushed Athena out of the Fallen, causing the Heart Innocence to recede its power and return to Ami's Innocence orb. The female Exorcist collapsed to the ground, her Greek dress now replaced by her Exorcist coat as the ripple orb disappeared.
 
Kanda barely managed to catch her.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Suman!” Allen called out. “Suman, don't die! You have to hold on! I'll get you out of there!”
 
The Fallen screamed in pain as Allen tried to pull him out. Then, he spat blood on the Exorcist's face.
 
“Who are you?” the Fallen demanded. “Who is out there? Who are you?”
 
“Suman…” Allen breathed in relief.
 
“Curse it! Curse you! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it!” the Fallen hissed. “Curse it!”
 
“Suman, I'm an Exorcist!” Allen cut his ranting short. “I'm your friend!”
 
“God, man, curse it all!” the Fallen spat. “Let it all burn to the ground!”
 
“What the…” Allen gasped as the Fallen started to move earthwards. “We're moving.”
 
“It's a town.” He realized where the Fallen was heading for.
 
“Stop it, Suman!” he told the Fallen.
 
“Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it!” the Fallen continued to chant.
 
“Stop this, Suman!” Allen pleaded. “Stop! Stop it!”
 
“Curse it!” the Fallen hissed.
 
“Suman!” Allen tried to bring the Fallen around.
 
“Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it!” the Fallen continued his rant. “Let it all burn to the ground!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
In the village below…
 
“Hey what's that?” one the villagers asked.
 
“What is that thing? It's coming this way!” another exclaimed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
On the Fallen….
 
“Suman!” Allen called out.
 
“Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it! Curse it!” the Fallen continued to chant.
 
“Stop this, Suman!” Allen told the Fallen.
 
“Leave me be, accursed Exorcist.” The Fallen replied, after electrocuting him. “Begone from this place!”
 
“I'm sorry, but you're on course to destroy that village.” Allen remarked. “You can't do it! Surely you remember your pledge as an Exorcist, to protect the innocent! Suman!”
 
“Silence!” the Fallen retorted.
 
My God, he's so strong! Allen winced when the Fallen bit his hand.
 
“Wake up, Suman!” he called out. “Your Innocence is using your soul to power its attacks. If you allow this to continue, your own weapon will kill you! Listen to me. I will save you from your Innocence's wrath. I just need to you stop! You mustn't hurt anyone else! Just try, please!”
 
“Die!” was all the Fallen said as he bit on harder.
 
“The more you destroy, the more your life will be drained.” Allen told the Fallen.
 
“Die!” the Fallen hissed.
 
“Please just try, Suman.” Allen pleaded. “I'll get you out of there! Don't give up!”
 
“Be silent!” the Fallen rebuked, biting off Allen's glove and unleashing his attack.
 
“Suman!” Allen called out as he fell when the Fallen crashed onto a cliff.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the village…
 
“What was that?” a villager asked.
 
“It smashed into the mountain.” Another added.
 
“Look at that!” another exclaimed as the Fallen got up. “It's starting up again!”
 
Terrified, the villagers ran as the Fallen continued its attack, to no avail as the Fallen rampaged through the village.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Wow, he's even more of an Akuma than we are.” One of the Akumas remarked.
 
“He's attacking the humans!” another exclaimed.
 
“What should we do? Shall we attack him?” another asked.
 
“This may be interesting to watch.” Another remarked.
 
“All right, let's wait until he's done wrecking the village before we strike.” Another suggested.
 
“Ooh, that's a great idea.” Another agreed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Stop this Suman!” Allen called out, pulling himself out of the lake. “Activate, maximum strength!”
 
With his powered up anti-Akuma weapon, the younger Exorcist tried to prevent the Fallen's path of destruction.
 
“You're not getting away!” Allen told the Fallen as he was being pushed back. “I won't let you die! I'll save you yet!”
 
“I'll save you…” he added, using his Innocence to trap the Fallen against a cliff.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the village…
 
“What happened?” one of the surviving villagers asked.
 
“Look!” another exclaimed.
 
“Has it stopped?” another inquired.
 
“What happened?” another asked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the clinic…
 
“What do you mean?” Lenalee asked. “He can't be saved?”
 
“That's right.” Koumi told her. “The Fallen cannot be saved. Suman will… die.”
 
“No…” Lenalee gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Flashback
 
“Help me! Please, help me!” Suman begged Tyki. “Help m…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Why?” Lenalee asked. “Why?”
 
“Once you're a Fallen One, you're finished. No one has ever survived.” Koumi told her.
 
“No!” Lenalee gasped.
 
“The Fallen cannot be stopped, until they are consumed by their destructive power, or killed by an outside source, like Akuma. There is no known way to save a Fallen human alive.” Koumi explained.
 
“That can't be!” Lenalee protested.
 
“It's true.” Koumi told her. “Calm down and listen to me, Lenalee.”
 
“Captain Reever, what does he mean, Suman's Fallen?” Johnny asked.
 
“It means his Innocence has gone berserk, Johnny.” Reever replied. “The body is taken over by the Innocence, and is usually destroyed within twenty-seven hours. Even within the Order, the Fallen Ones are a closely guarded secret.”
 
Captain, if he's incompatible, does it mean that Suman…” another scientist could not finish his question.
 
“What'll happen to Suman?” Johnny pressed. “I used to play chess with him all the time. You know, our rooms are so close together. I'm winning: 38 to 7 matches. He always hated losing to me. Whenever we met in the cafeteria and such, he'd avoid making eye contact. And he always came by my room for a match after he got back from a mission.”
 
“Johnny…” another scientist muttered at the weeping scientist.
 
“I know the truth, though.” Johnny added. “He was just lonely. What'll happen to him?”
 
“I'm telling you, he'll die!” Reever retorted.
 
“Once his life force is exhausted, Suman's Innocence will return to normal.” Koumi told his sister over the phone. “Lenalee, you have to recover the Innocence before the Akuma get to it.”
 

“What are you saying?” Lenalee demanded. “You're asking me to let Suman die?”
 
“Recover the Innocence.” Koumi instructed. “That is the group's order. What if Suman's Innocence is the Heart? Surely you know what would happen.”
 
“He's my friend.” Lenalee wept.
 
“Suman may no longer think of you as such.” Koumi reminded his sister.
 
“What do you mean?” Lenalee asked.
 
“This is still top secret information.” Koumi replied. “Suman may have betrayed the Order. Do you remember the day when we lost over a hundred of our members? Communications received a message from an Exorcist directly before that happened. He asked for the locations of all the Exorcists and Finders in the field. When an Exorcist's wireless Golem connects to headquarters, it uses a secure system that allows only its owner to connect. We learned that the connected Golem was Suman's. Therefore, it had to be Suman who made the call. It's not unusual for an Exorcist in the field to request information about his teammates. Communications gave him the information he requested without going through Command. Right after that, our people were attacked. No other Exorcist knew the latest positions of all our other assets. Of course, we have no proof that he handed the information to the enemy but we have our suspicions. And now, he's Fallen. It all makes sense, if he has in fact betrayed the Order and sold us out to the enemy out of fear. Suman betrayed God himself.”
 
“That's impossible!” Lenalee exclaimed. “It can't be! It's a lie.”
 
“A lie.” She sobbed when she put down the phone.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back with Allen…
 
“Stop!” the younger exorcist told the Fallen. “Please stop, Suman! I'm begging you, don't let your Innocence take control!”
 
The Fallen let out a cry, unleashing its power to destroy the Akuma within the vicinity.
 
“Suman!” Allen called out, his Innocence still going strong. “You've always had such a fervent desire to live! There are still so many you long to see again! I saw a young girl in your memories. It was your daughter, the last time you saw her before joining the Order.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Flashback
 
“Help me...” Suman begged. Please, help me…
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“You didn't really want to go to the Order.” Allen added. “You didn't want to be an Exorcist. But you agreed to become an Exorcist in exchange for treatment for your daughter's illness! You never had a death wish. You knew you might not return to your family alive, but you still loved them! You begged for your life, even if it meant giving information to the enemy!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Flashback
 
“Spare me, please!” Suman begged Tyki. “Don't kill me! I'll do anything you ask of me. Anything at all. I don't want to die. I want to go home. I just want to go home.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“You threw away your honor and friends all because you wanted to live, don't you?” Allen cried out.
 
It won't be long before Suman is consumed by his Innocence. Allen realized. I'll have to remove it. There's no other option. He'll lose an arm, but he'll live. I have to believe that he wants to live one! It must be done!
 
“Let's go, Innocence!” he called out, sending more of his Innocence power to the Fallen.
 
The younger Exorcist then paused after a strong surge of power when his Innocence shattered.
 
A few seconds later, the Exorcist let out an anguish scream.
 
“It hurts… it hurts… it hurts…” the Exorcist hissed.
 
“Someone, help!” he screamed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Meanwhile, Ami's eyes snapped open as Allen's scream rang in her mind.
 
“Nymph…” Kanda looked down at the awakening Exorcist in his arms and let out a rare smile at her.
 
What she spoke next shocked him.
 
“Allen's Innocence… has been destroyed…” she mumbled fearfully.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
SailorStar9: Was about time I got this chapter out. Read and review.