Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/11/2007 Completed 12/11/2007
Chapter 25
Yayoi suddenly found herself floating in a void of all-consuming darkness. A sudden rush of vertigo hit her, as there was no up, down left or right. Everything was everything and everywhere was there. “Hello?” she called into the void. “I knew I shouldn't have done that interview…” she chastened herself, not liking the predicament she was now in. “I've been captured by the leader of those cannibal people, haven't I?”
“Hello, young one,” came a voice as smooth as silk and twice as nice. “I am not here to harm you, I've simply taken an interest in you. Will you help me?”
Yayoi looked around, seeing nothing but the dark, se couldn't even see her clothing in this void. “Help you? Help you with what?”
A sense of sorrow and regret washed over Yayoi, which she assumed originated from the being speaking to her. “I wish I could tell you, but I can not. I have been wrongfully imprisoned in this world and everything I say is monitored.”
Yayoi again searched through the inky blackness of the void. “Can you show yourself to me?” While Yayoi was a scientist and very open-minded, she didn't believe that someone could actually open a dimension and lock someone within. But if it were true, she wanted to be the one to discover how.
A light shimmered and extended before the young scientist, solidifying into a woman, barely older than Yayoi herself and wearing an elegant, long-flowing dress. On top of the apparition's head was a crown of sparkling diamond. “I am known as Queen Serenity, the mother of the hero you know as Sailor Moon.”
Now Yayoi knew that this woman was yanking her chain. “the mother of Sailor Moon? For some reason I don't believe you.” Yayoi dead-panned. `I know, I must have fell again, because I've only got one heel,' Yayoi guessed with a sense of triumph. “If you would excuse me, I need to wake up from this dream.”
Serenity smiled at the Mortal; it was a fantastic story, especially to those of Earthrealm who hadn't even heard of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. “I'll send my daughter and her protectors to you. They will confirm my story, Yayoi, and when they do, I will be seeing you again.” With that, the ghost dispersed into the darkness and Yayoi was suddenly within her room again.
 
Washuu was bored out of her mind. She had agreed to pretend she was only ten, along with her two sisters, but hadn't realized she would have to go to an Elementary school. She watched with detachment as Sasami/Tsunami, her blue-haired younger sibling was enjoying herself and playing the other kids of her age.
“What's on your mind Washuu-chan?” Tokimi, Washuu's redhead sister, asked. There was an ever-present hint of mischief in the girl's eyes, belying her age.
Washuu leaned back, propping herself on her elbows. “It's just that I'm so bored, and there doesn't appear to be any species in the Universe capable of lightspeed travel…” Washuu whined. She had spent all of yesterday trying to establish contact with anyone or anything that could understand Galactic Regulation speech.
Tokimi giggled like a schoolgirl - which, ironically, she was - and wrapped her arms around her sister. “I've never been able to interact with anyone or anything other than D1 through D14, and their not very good with conversation. Who knows, maybe I'll even land a boyfriend!” Tokimi drifted off into a vision of running around the universe, battling the forces of evil with a guy who cared as much about her as Tenchi did his friends.
Washuu sweatdropped at the sudden change in her sister, then scooted away when Tokimi began to give narration.
 
Sasami was having the time of her life; she had met three new friends, Akira, Ranmaru and Bastet. Bastet and her were playing as the wives-to-be to Akira and Ranmaru who were really good at playing the roles of courtiers.
“Oh Bastet, those two guys have such nice muscles,” Sasami complimented, the girls giggling merrily.
Ranmaru and Akira began to flex their skinny body, showing off their figures. “You want to see muscles, Sasami, I've the biggest arms in the playground!” Akira declared, pumping his little muscles as much as he could.
“Oh, yeah, well, mine are twice as big as yours!” Ranmaru shouted at his friend, jumping in front of him and showing off his arms. “When I get bigger, I'm gonna be the greatest fighter of all time!”
“Oh, yeah, well I'm gonna be twice as better than you, Ranmaru!” Akira declared, throwing a few test punches.
“Nuh uh!” Ranmaru protested and demonstrated a few test kicks. “With my Shadow Skill, I'll always be better than you, Akira! Besides, you don't even have a sensei!”
Akira looked at his hands, it was true that he didn't have a master, but that wouldn't stop him from getting Sasami to be his girlfriend. “Then, I'll fight you everyday for the next two whole years!” For a ten year old that was a very long time.
Ranmaru took up a defensive stance and beckoned his friend on. “Let's see what you've got, you untrained ruffian!”
Akira was quick with his reply and went for broke, attacking Ranmaru with everything he had, the fight of martial arts quickly descended into a grappling match as the two tussled across the ground.
Sasami and Bastet shared a glace and ran off to tell the teacher about two fighting. There was no sense in letting their new boyfriends beat each other black and blue.
 
“I wonder why your mom wants us to meet up with this Yayoi woman?” Makoto questioned Usagi. It had come as a startling surprise when Serenity made a second appearance saying that it was imperative they contact Yayoi and tell her who they are.
Usagi shrugged her dainty shoulders and retreated to a daydream of her Mamo-chan returning for a few days from the American college in Angel Grove University. He had given them a call when he the news reached the international stations (though it was only broadcast in cities where monster attacks were frequent).
Makoto shook her head and turned to Minako. “Do you find all of this to be a bit odd?”
Minako returned the look. “I keep feeling like I forgot something important., but I can't grasp what it is.”
Ami looked up from her personal computer. “Perhaps it's because Setsunna erased our memories from a few days ago. I recorded the instant, so I was able to recall it. But it's nothing all that important.”
Makoto, Minako and Rei pulled to a sudden halt, gripping the blue-haired Senshi by her elbow to arrest her forward momentum. “Wh-what do you mean, “erased our memories”?” Makoto asked. “She wouldn't do that without asking us would she?”
Ami adjusted her stance and backtracked to stand comfortably. “Of course not,” Ami replied, though she knew otherwise, she refused to raise any alarm until she could gather more facts and details. “We all gave her permission to alter our memories of the event, but I'm not at liberty to tell you of what happened until Setsunna thinks we're ready to handle it.”
The three girls passed glances off each other, seeing if it made sense to each other, then all nodded.
“Hey, what's the hold up?!” Usagi called to friends from across the street. She hadn't been paying attention so she had ventured down to the next block before noticing the girls' absence.
Seeing they had the clear to walk, the four hustled across the street and continued their journey, each pondering the significance of whatever memories were erased.
 
Usagi smiled cheerily as she was greeted by the owner of the apartment, the beautiful, young woman from the news earlier. “Hi, I'm Usagi, and these are my best friends, Makoto, Minako and Rei… Hey, where did Ami go?” Usagi inquired, turning a questioning glance to her friends. They all pointed to directly behind the princess.
Ami watched with great amusement as Usagi jumped and nearly slammed her head into the overhang of the next floor apartments. “I'm Ami Mizuno. It's nice to meet you.”
Yayoi blinked a few times, starting to feel faint. “You mean it wasn't just a dream?” she asked no one in particular. `This can't be possible, can it?' She decided it would be best if she had a seat and a few cold ones. The girls followed her in, taking in the many photos of the woman's youth and college days, the books on astrophysics, geothermic reactions and various elements. Immediately, Ami began to like the older woman, perhaps she would be willing to become an older sister?
“Yayoi, are you feeling okay?” Usagi asked, noting the withdrawn and thoughtful look on the elder's face. “Where's the kitchen? I'll make you something to eat.” Usagi offered, thinking of all the ways she could prepare a meal.
Makoto paled and quickly followed after her princess, already knowing what her role is…
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)