Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Toon of Their Lives ❯ Roger's Been Framed, Figuring the Plot ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: (Roger's Been Framed, Figuring the Plot)

Back in the present, Buttercup was flying through the house, just as Blossom was floating down & Murial followed her.

Blossom: Buttercup, what are you doing?

Buttercup: What does it look like, Leader Girl? I'm trying to find Courage & Bubbles!

Murial: Oh my, you mean Courage was missing?

The green girl nodded.

Buttercup: Yeah, I think so. (looks at the kitchen)Bet Bubbles is hanging at the forest with Berry, Cherry, and Serena.

Blossom: Now, Buttercup, let's not jump to conclusions. I bet they're just lost in the house.

Murial: (sighs) Oh, I hope so. I don't think Courage would like being here unless it's to protect us.

Blossom & Buttercup flew through the house to track down the missing Bubbles & Courage.

Blossom: (thinking)Hope she's all right.

Back in the past, the sun had shown on Toon Town. Bubbles started to move a little as she noticed she and her friends were now covered in a blanket.

Bubbles: Where did this blanket come from?

The pink dog woke a little and started gibbering on what had happened last night. Luckily, Bubbles understood him as Serena woke up.

Bubbles: You mean Psycho was a nice guy?

Serena: (yawns) What's going on, Bubbles?

Courage: (rolls his eyes) Finally, you're up!

Bubbles: Serena, Courage says Psycho gave us a blanket last night.

The three got up as the teen stretched her arms a little.

Serena: Are you sure, Bubbles? I mean, I thought all weasels were bad.

Courage: Uh-uh! Not that weasel!

The young Powerpuff floated gently towards one of the windows as she heard Wise Guy's voice while talking on the phone.

Wise Guy: So that's it, huh? (pauses) I see, we'll be on it, as soon as I get the others up and pick up old Grease.

Inside, he hung up the phone, causing the other two to wake up.

Stupid: Huh?

Wheezy: (stretches/takes out his cigar)What are you doing now?

Stupid: (rubs his eyes) Uh, good morning, guys! Can we eat now?

Wise Guy: (slaps his forehead) How can you think of food at a time like this? You're worse than that red nosed chipmunk!

Stupid: You mean Dale?

Wise Guy: (Anime glares) You know who I mean!

He then looked at Psycho, who was snoring extremely loud while his arms clutched onto the top of the bed.

Wise Guy: (sighs) Psycho, you always do this! (grabs Psycho) Get up, will you?

Psycho: (sleepily) Can't it wait 'til I had my coffee?

Wise Guy: (anger mark) No! (struggles)Now quit hogging the bed and get up!

The white jacket weasel's arms stretched like the Toon he was as Wise Guy tried to pull him out of bed. Bubbles, watching at the window, was giggling at the site.

Bubbles: (thinking)For weasels, they're really funny.

She then heard Serena's voice from the other side.

Serena's Voice: Hey, Bubbles! I think we've found our breakfast!

She flew over to where she was calling just as the teen was walking towards the pink dog with some eggs in tacos & a cup of coffee. Bubbles gasped at what she saw.

Bubbles: Where did you get all that stuff?

Serena: (smirks) It was from that Spanish Guy's girl, Sarah. She's really kind-hearted since she was told that there we were outside last night.

Courage: (takes the taco) That's really strange...

Bubbles: (takes the coffee) Well, it doesn't matter now! All I need to know is that there's a weasel who needs this!

She flew back towards the window, opened it a little, and just as Stupid saw her, Bubbles placed it near the window.

Stupid: Uh, what-cha doing placing the coffee over there?

Bubbles: Eep!

She floated down, not to let the others know, and then ran back to her friends. The beanie-hat weasel looked a little confused at the moment before sighing and taking the coffee, just as Wise Guy was about to give up.

Wise Guy: Oh! This is hopeless! Psycho, you're never gonna get promoted if you lay there all day!

Stupid: (walks towards Wise Guy) Uh, would this help?

He hands the coffee over to the leader weasel just as Psycho sniffed it, and jumped right out of bed. His eyes were still in sleep mode just as he drank the coffee from the leader's hands.

Wise Guy: What the-?

The weasel in the asylum jacket then started acting hyper, and then, like any Toon, bounced all over the room, from the bed, to the frame, to one of the closed windows, and back to where he was standing. He now looked more awake than ever.

Psycho: He-he-he! Morning, guys! What's up?

Wheezy: (coughs) About time you've got up!

Wise Guy: We've got ourselves a real job. This time it involves with a murder.

Psycho: (confused) A murder? By what?

Wise Guy: The judge didn't say, but he did want all the other weasels to search all over Toon Town & Hollywood to find the Toon that murdered an important human.

As the leader turned to get his things with Wheezy and Stupid, Psycho was shocked about this.

Psycho: (thinking)Oh no! Sarah's in trouble and it's all my fault! If they catch her, she'll be dead!

Psycho then crawled underneath his bed to get out what he needed. Underneath were old clothes he use to have, an anchor, a plunger, a giant box, and a stuffed animal. Another object he found was a black & white picture of Sarah. He sighs and smiled a little before speaking.

Psycho: Sarah, I know what happened last night. I'm not letting my friends, especially the judge, hurt you in any way possible.

He placed the picture inside his jacket as he grabbed both a razor and his mallet from last night. He placed the two weapons inside his jacket also after coming out of the bed.

Wise Guy's Voice: Hey, you mugs! Hurry up so we can pick up Grease!

Psycho: (shouts) I'm coming!

The weasel then ran in all fours like a dog to join his weasel comrades. Outside, Wise Guy was tapping his foot, waiting for his other ally.

Wise Guy: (sarcastically) Psycho, I'm waiting.

Out came the psycho weasel, grinning his usual crazy way.

Psycho: Sorry, had to pick up a little something.

Wise Guy: Psycho, quit acting like you're an idiot all the time and let's go!

The four weasels then walked their way towards one of the other houses. Bubbles nodded to her friends as she lifted them up and flew towards the other house they saw last night.

Courage: (gasps) Bubbles, no super powers, remember?

Bubbles: Don't worry, I'm making sure I only use my powers when no one's looking.

Serena: Hope you're right.

The three landed on top of one of the buildings as they saw Wise Guy knocking on the door.

Greasy's Voice: Go away! I keep telling you so-stubborn old salesmen I don't want any!

Wise Guy: (anger mark) You idiot, it's Wise Guy! Get out of there right this instant before I tear your face up!

Greasy's Voice: (sounds shocked) Boss? Why didn't you say so?

He falls Anime style as the door opened. It revealed the black haired weasel from last night, only his shirt was tucked in, his hair was combed, and he was now wearing a tie & vest with a pair of golf shoes.

Greasy: Sorry, Amigos. Just having breakfast with my own cousin.

The leader weasel got up and grabbed Greasy by the tie.

Wise Guy: Listen, if you ever wanted to get a nicer home, then I suggest you do as I say (pulls out his gun) or else!

The Spanish weasel gulped as he grabbed both his long green jacket & green hat.

Greasy: (sweatdrops) Uh, why didn't you say so, sir? (shouts) Sarah, I am going to work now! You better just stay inside or else you are going to be hurt like last night!

Sarah's Voice: Okay! And Justin, if you're with the guys, don't try anything crazy like last time!

The others glanced at Psycho, who was about to use his mallet on one of the unsuspecting Toons (Daffy). He then saw the others and quickly put his mallet away.

Psycho: He-he-he, my bad!

Wise Guy: (grabs Psycho's jacket) Come on, we don't wanna be late!

The weasel was dragged towards the vehicle while the three time travelers floated above the van, only to find out that Minnie, Daisy, and the two chipmunks had snuck with them also.

Bubbles: What are you-

Minnie quickly covered her mouth and started talking quietly.

Minnie: (quietly)We're all on the same mission as you. We're also trying to find out not only who this "Judge Doom" is, but also make sure we find what Mickey, my friends, Daisy, and I came for.

Courage: Like what?

Chip: SHH! (quietly)Quiet or they'll hear us!

They then heard the doors slamming from the black van. Courage got out his rope & black cloak.

Courage: Hang on, everyone!

The pink dog tied each rope to the allies as he tied the other ends to the top of the van. He then threw the black cover on top of themselves, just to make sure they were camouflaged. As the sirens were turned on while he did that, the van was off to the scene of the crime. It was a little later that the seven heard a crash noise.

Bubbles: What was that?

Serena: Don't know, but we better take a peek.

They nodded to each other as Daisy looked a little concerned.

Daisy: Hope it doesn't turn into another "Drama" episode.

Minnie: (elbows Daisy) Now Daisy, don't be rude.

Courage: SHH! (quietly) They'll hear us!

The seven comrades then took a peek out the cloth just as the weasels were getting out of the van.

Wise Guy: All right, ya mugs, fall out!

Doom's Voice: Did you find the rabbit?

Wise Guy: Don't worry, Judge. We've got deformants all over the city. (smirks) We'll find him.

Bubbles: (gasps/quietly)Wait, isn't that...

They then looked at where the familiar voice had come from. They saw a tall man, dressed in black with orange glasses and gray skin.

Daisy: (quietly)Yeah, that's Judge Doom, the one who runs this world-uh, I mean Toon Town's forces.

The pink dog looked a little confused about this just as they heard a shoe squeaking like a squeak toy.

Dale: (points to the shoe) Lookie, a Toon Shoe!

Chip: (slaps Dale's mouth/quietly)Be quiet, dummy!

Bubbles then saw Judge Doom putting on a rubber glove as Bubbles heard his words.

Judge Doom: Since I've had Toon Town under my jurisdiction my goal has been to reign in the insanity. And the only way to do that is to make Toons respect...the law.

Just as Serena saw the judge grab the Toon shoe and walk towards the van, the teen began to ponder.

Serena: (thinking)Strange, he sounds just like that guy who tried to murder Sarah last night.

They then crawled over to where Judge Doom was going. They then saw the cover of the container being opened. Inside was a green liquid Bubbles recognized.

Bubbles: (quietly)Oh no, that's DIP!

Minnie: (confused/quietly)What's that?

Courage: (gulps/shivers/quietly)You don't wanna know.

They then looked at what the judge was doing as he spoke.

Judge Doom: I'll catch the rabbit Mr. Valiant. Then I'll try him, convict him, (turns to the DIP) and execute him.

He then slowly dumped the Toon shoe in the containment, making it dissolve slowly.

Courage: Oh no!

That was when Serena shielded Bubbles' eyes as Dale shielded Chip's

Serena: Don't look, it's cruel!

Bubbles: (thinking)I hope the screams blocked our voices, or we would've been caught.

Little did anyone else know was that Greasy had turned from the horrific scene.

Greasy: (thinking)This is being one of the reasons why I hate this job...I hate seeing death to innocents!

He then glared just as there was only smoke coming. The judge then turned, letting Minnie and Chip (who removed Dale's hand) see his evil smile.

Psycho's Voice: He-he-he-he-he!

It was then that Greasy pretended to laugh and smirk, though he didn't look like he usually pretends.

Greasy: He-he. That's one dead shoe, eh Boss?

Bubbles gasped as she removed Serena's arm and saw blood on the rubber glove.

Bubbles: (tears up/quietly)Oh no...it's worse than I thought.

Judge Doom: (walks up to a drunk detective)They're not kid gloves Mr. Valiant. But this is how we handle things down in Toon Town. I'd think you of all people would appreciate that.

They heard the rubber of the judge's gloves. The pink dog then just covered everyone with the cloth, making sure they weren't seen.

Courage: (shivers) Oooohh...

Serena: If it wasn't Sarah being framed...that means-

Bubbles: That's right...that murder from last night also framed Roger Rabbit!

Minnie: Oh my! This doesn't look good...

Voice: Yes not good at all...for you at least.

The cover was then removed, revealing Katz.

Courage: (gasps) Not you again!

Back in the Present, Blossom and Buttercup were shouting outside, still looking for their sister.

Blossom: Bubbles, are you out there?

Buttercup: Bubbles! Come out, wherever you are! (slaps her forehead) AGH! This is hopeless! Bubbles is never gonna come back!

Blossom: Maybe she went to check on Serena. It has been since yesterday.

Buttercup: Blossom, can't we just go back to bed?

Blossom: (shakes her head) No, Buttercup, as sisters, we have a right to protect each other. That would include looking for her.

She then flew towards the Townsville Forest.

Buttercup: Why couldn't we just look for her tomorrow?

She then followed her pink sister as the old woman was coming out of the house.

Murial: (shouts) Make sure your sister and Courage are all right! (looks down) If Courage is hurt...(sobs)I don't know what else I would do...

Back in the past, Serena, Bubbles, and Courage had been tied up with the ropes the pink dog was using. Katz and Judge Doom looked at the three.

Judge Doom: Are these the time travelers you have been talking about?

Katz: Yes, most definitely. (points to Courage)Especially this one.

Courage: Ooohhh!!

Bubbles: Let us go! Judge Doom, what you did to that innocent Toon was wrong! They shouldn't be killed if they didn't do anything bad!

Katz: (gets out a bucket of DIP) Oh, it was bad, all right.

Judge Doom: The cat's correct, for a non-Toon. You know as they say, "Punishment should not go unpunished."

Katz: And spies should be eliminated!

He threw the DIP towards the three. When it splashed on the three, Courage screamed.

Courage: AHHH!!

He then noticed the DIP wasn't disintegrating him or the two girls like it did to the shoe.

Courage: Huh? What the-?

Judge Doom: (confused) Why does it not work on them?

Katz: Probably cause, like me, they are not Toons themselves either.

Judge Doom: I see...

Inside the cover that was on the floor, Minnie, Daisy, Chip, and Dale were trying not to make a sound as they watched the scene.

Minnie: (quietly) It looks like the DIP doesn't affect them.

Daisy: (quietly) Well, duh! It's made from Acetone, Benzene, and uh...

Dale: Turquoise?

Chip bonked Dale on the head.

Chip: (quietly) Quiet, Dale! And no, it's Turpentine.

Meanwhile, Judge Doom walked towards the three and looked concerned about Courage.

Judge Doom: Why is this dog pink?

Courage gibbered for a moment as Katz walked to the judge's side and slapped the dog.

Bubbles: (gasps) How could you be so cruel!

Katz: You should be lucky we were just sparing your lives for now!

Judge Doom: (adjusts his glasses) It should be an honor to get rid of those murderous Toons.

Serena: But it's wrong, Judge!

The judge sighed as he cut the ropes. The three fell onto the floor as the judge turned his back on them.

Judge Doom: Just remember, if I ever catch you and your friends spying on us again or helping the Toon that murdered ACME, then you and your friends will not be so lucky, dog.

Courage: Ooohhh!!

The red cat snickered as he followed Judge Doom to his car. When the three began to stand up, they heard Stupid's voice.

Stupid's Voice: Hey, you're the girl that gave us the coffee!

Bubbles: (gasps) Stupid?

They turned and saw the weasel with beanie & club.

Bubbles: Wait a minute, you did see me this morning, didn't you?

Stupid: (scratches his head) Uh, yeah, I think.

He then turned to call his allies.

Stupid: Hey guys, I think I've found something!

The other four weasels were hurrying to the stupid weasel's side as Bubbles gasped at who they were.

Bubbles: It really is the Toon Patrol Weasels!

Courage: Don't you mean they are?

The weasels looked at the three as Wise Guy looked strangely at them.

Wise Guy: All right, who the heck are youse guys and what are you doing here?

Serena: We were just here on the neighborhood and-

Bubbles: We wanna help you catch the real murderer!

Courage: (moaning) Bubbles!

Wheezy: (coughs) Why would you want to do that? You'll only get in a big heap of trouble.

Courage: (points to where Katz was) But, but, but-

It was then that Greasy walked slowly towards the three and gave them a small glance.

Greasy: Now you be listening to me, all right? This case is not being suitable for commoners such as yourselves. So, I am going to have to ask you to be leaving before we pull out our weapons and hurt you three, starting with (points to Bubbles) the little girl.

Serena: (Anime shocked) What!?

Bubbles: (walks slowly up to Greasy) Wait, Mr. Weasel, we wanna help you find the real murderer and-

Greasy: (angrily) I said go before I lose my temper!

The pink dog moans as he took the two girls by the hand. As he did that, he noticed the black cloth with Minnie, Daisy, and the chipmunks were slowly trying to head towards the exit. Courage then quickly followed them just as Psycho looked concerned about the cloth.

Psycho: Hey, you guys stealing stuff?

Courage: AHHHH!!

As he screamed, he grabbed the other Toons from the cloth and ran towards the exit. Psycho scratched his head a little before hearing his leader.

Wise Guy: (heading in the van) All right, ya mugs, there's nothing here. Better find the rabbit somewhere else.

Greasy: This time, I'm driving.

The five headed towards the van as the engine was turned on. The siren was on as the van began to leave the crime scene. Outside, while the girls, dog, and chipmunks were walking, Daisy was a little concerned about the situation.

Daisy: Now let me get this straight. You think Judge Doom and Katz murdered Marvin ACME and are trying to get the Will?

Serena: It's the truth!

Minnie: We can't conclude that until we hear the two confess the truth.

Bubbles: But, we don't know where to find Katz or that purple weasel.

Dale: (confused) Wait a minute, you're telling us that Judge Doom's really a Toon in disguise?

Chip, ignoring Dale's remark, looked at the human lady wearing a black dress, walking at the streets of Hollywood.

Chip: Maybe if we kept an eye on the others, we'll probably find some clue on where their hideout is.

Daisy: (rolls her eyes) Okay, but I'm pretty sure it's a big mistake.

Courage: We'll do it! (mutters) But I won't like it.

The seven then separated from each other, Minnie going back inside the abandoned ACME Factory to look for more clues, Daisy to the Ink & Paint Club, the chipmunks heading to where the lady was heading, and the three time travelers, following where the Toon Patrol Van was heading. Meanwhile, a little later near the sign that had "Cloverleaf Industries", the Toon Patrol Van crashed near some trash cans.

Wheezy: (sweatdrops) And this is one of the reasons why Wise Guy and I only drive.

Greasy: (Anime glances) You wanna try driving while contacting?

Wise Guy: (shouts) ENOUGH! EVERYONE OUT OF THE VAN, NOW!

Everyone else sweatdrops as Stupid tried to calm his leader down.

Stupid: Uh, you didn't have to do that you know.

Wise Guy: Listen, thanks to those other people and that Liquor Store jerk, (Anime glares) with no thanks to you, Stupid, (straightens his jacket) I know that Valiant has the rabbit in the office (points to one of the windows) right there!

Wheezy: You sure?

Wise Guy: (smirks) Of course I'm sure, now move it or lose it!

The weasels then got out of the car & pass through the traffic as Wise Guy kept on calling them.

Wise Guy: Come on, get the lead out, will ya? Move it, would ya, move it!

One car stopped before hitting one of them. As they were inside the building, a little girl holding a bear looked at them.

Girl: What-cha doing he-

But Wise Guy pushed her down, making her let go of the bear. The girl looked like she was in tears as just Greasy, Stupid & Wheezy ran passed her. Psycho looked at her and picked up the bear. Having a little sympathy in him, he gave her the bear back. He then turned to the others as he followed.

Psycho: Hey, wait up, guys!

He ran in all fours up the building. Just as that happened, there was a gunfire from Wheezy's tommy-gun, but only to break the doorknob. The weasel stopped and went behind Stupid.

Stupid: You guys sure it's a good idea to be doing this?

Wise Guy: (glances) Of course, Stupid. That's why I'm the leader.

The door that says "Valiant & Valiant" opened. The weasels then made their way into the room just as the green weasel looked concerned.

Greasy: Looks like they gave us the slip, huh Boss?

Wise Guy: (pulling out his gun) Nah, Valiant's got him stashed somewhere.

The leader weasel looked around a little, then saw Eddie Valiant near the sink.

Wise Guy: Hold it right there.

Valiant: (turns around) Hello, boys. Didn't hear you come in.

Wise Guy pulled up a chair as he jumped up towards the chair & pointed his gun at the detective.

Wise Guy: Okay, wise guy, where's the rabbit?

Valiant: Haven't seen him.

The weasel then sniffs over the sink.

Wise Guy: (points to the sink) What's in there?

Valiant: (pulls out a wet sock) My laundry.

Wise Guy: (covering his mouth) Gech! (starts to walk away) See ya, Valiant.

He then heard coughing and gagging near where Valiant was. It was really Roger, trying to get some air, but Valiant pushes him back down quickly as the weasel turned around. He looked suspicious about Eddie, before turning to his weasel comrades.

Wise Guy: Search the place boys. And leave no stone unturned.

As the weasels tossed many things over, to look for Roger, Wise Guy got on the chair again as he pulled his gun out once more.

Wise Guy: Look, Valiant. We got a reliable tip off that the rabbit was here. It was corrugated by several others. So cut the bullshtick.

Greasy had been overhearing the leader as he looked confused.

Greasy: (thinking)Bullstick? What does that mean?

The leader weasel looked like he was about to threaten the detective more until Eddie spoke.

Valiant: You keep talking like that (holds a bar of soap) and I'm going to have to wash your mouth out.

He then stuffs it into Wise Guy's mouth, making him roll over towards the drawers. As he did that, Roger got out of the sink again to get more air. The other weasels saw Wise Guy's mouth with soap and started laughing hysterically.

Wise Guy: (muffled) Stop that laughing!

He spits the soap out, knocking Wheezy towards the blinds. Wise Guy then took a plunger as he looked angrily at the other weasels.

Wise Guy: Stop that laughing! You know what happens when you can't...(whacks Psycho) stop...(whacks Greasy)laughing?!

Stupid was still laughing his head off. Just then, Wise Guy threw the plunger towards Stupid's face.

Wise Guy: (glares) One of these days, you're gonna die laughing.

He then walked up towards the chair he was standing on before as he pulled his gun out once more.

Wise Guy: (glances) As for you, Valiant, step outta line and we'll hang you (puts his gun away) and your laundry out to dry.

He splashed some water towards the detective as he chuckles, jumping out of the chair and calling to his allies.

Wise Guy: Come on, boys, let's am-scray.

The weasels, who recovered from Wise Guy's attack, followed their leader out the door. As the door closed, Greasy stayed behind a moment as he heard Eddie's & Roger's voice.

Valiant's Voice: They're gone.

Roger's Voice: Jeepers Eddie! That was swell. You saved my life! How can I ever repay ya!

He smirked as he headed down the stairs to join his comrades. As the five were now outside, they saw Bubbles, Serena, and Courage waiting outside for them.

Greasy: (slaps his forehead) Agh! Here we go again!

(End of Chapter 2)